BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Biting my tongue about the design and that rendering technique.
They must have used the same designer as RockAuto hires for their commercials.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:32 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side View Post
And you truly believe those numbers? Do you really think all 8 million have made their first payment?
Let's go over this again, short bus rider.

The first payment is not collected until day one of the effective date of the policy. Sign up before the fifteenth of the month and you pay on the first of the the following month, coincidentally when the policy becomes effective. After the fifteenth and you wait until the month after that to pay and have insurance.

Keep in mind this is commercial insurance. If you do not pay, YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE. Simple as that.

This IS NOT a theological discussion, as the party of unbelievers maintain. The party that doesn't "believe" in basic arithmetic, science and basic logic. You would be better served with a breakfast of Bloody Mary's, a few fat blunts from Snoop's personal supply, and a marathon of Spongebob than coffee and FOX info-taint-mention.

Better yet, join your brethren of "patriots" in Nevada standing up to big gubment. Start a fundraiser for your one way trip and I will gladly be the first to piny up some cash.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:33 AM
BP Staff

Talking

If you're going to do shipping containers, Grimshaw's '92 British Expo Pavilion for Seville is kind of the standard bearer. That project was 100% demountable and they utilized the shipping containers they brought it in as a thermal massing wall in the passive energy strategy for the building. Look at that, then look at the rendering. Now, I get Ferg's doesn't have that budget, but you could've done something with demountable steel structural members and tensile fabric structures like Grimshaw did. I just feel like there's a very limited pallet of elements here without a strong parti, and there's some jankiness in the rendering technique to boot (which is a representational issue more so than a design issue).
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 AM
Cooper's Law

The building itself looks unchanged. It's just the patio that has the new elements.

You aren't going to spend a whole lot when you only have a 3 year lease and the only time you are really going to have traffic will be the 50 or so Lightning games. Concerts just don't seem to draw that much business and when nothing is going on at the forum its just dead down there. Nothing else has worked, including Channelside. So I can't see him spending that much money for a part time business.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The building itself looks unchanged. It's just the patio that has the new elements.

You aren't going to spend a whole lot when you only have a 3 year lease and the only time you are really going to have traffic will be the 50 or so Lightning games. Concerts just don't seem to draw that much business and when nothing is going on at the forum its just dead down there. Nothing else has worked, including Channelside. So I can't see him spending that much money for a part time business.
Does his original dump across from the Trop do any business other than on game days?
Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
You aren't going to spend a whole lot when you only have a 3 year lease and the only time you are really going to have traffic will be the 50 or so Lightning games.
Spend a little more money on your soft costs (more/better design) and you can come up with something better for about the same hard costs for construction. Good design doesn't inevitably equate to higher hard costs. In fact, good designers use the parameters of a restrictive budget to help inform a better design.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

I think Tim wanted to kill this thread at the end of March...so I'll go ahead & do it now since it's been quiet for a few days.

I'll start up a new one.
Closed Thread