BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 01-19-2020, 01:20 PM
Cooper's Law

https://twitter.com/KindAndUnblind/s...59684020219904

by comparison

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/02/...ed/?comments=1
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK

Last edited by ZeykShade; 01-19-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:31 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
A total invention by a Sanders supporter that is being spread on Twitter by the far left.

Disgusting. No better than far right.
What I find interesting is that, while the knee jerk might be to characterize The Intercept as the Brietbart of the left, The Intercept spends much more time attacking the center left than it does the right.

Quote:
But in the past few years, and especially in the aftermath of the 2016 campaign, the Intercept has taken a sharp turn into party politics. With a hard-charging Washington bureau chief, Ryan Grim, driving its political coverage, the Intercept has taken a more classic “gotcha” approach to campaign reporting, and landed in a unique spot in the media ecosystem—as the loudest voice attacking Democrats from the left.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...liberal-226710

Which only really helps the right. Assholes.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:07 PM
BP Staff

Big ups to the Sanders folks on winning the Hugh Hewitt endorsement, btw.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Big ups to the Sanders folks on winning the Hugh Hewitt endorsement, btw.
See here, this is a bad faith argument. He's pointing to clear ratfuckery on the part of a piece of shit douchebag, ignoring it for what it is, and repurposing it as being somehow indicative of the quality of the Sanders candidacy.

Nevermind that Kissinger is a close friend and advisor of the last Democratic Party nominee. That's ok because she's one of us and I'm with her!

You can focus on bad faith arguments and clearly disingenuous endorsements from bad actors. I'll focus on Rep. Jayapal endorsing Sanders. Rep. Pocan as well. Co-chairs of the House Progressive Caucus.
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK

Last edited by ZeykShade; 01-19-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:29 PM
Cooper's Law

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/sta...81270304317444

Quote:
If Bernie said "I don't think gender impacts a politician's chance at winning", that would've been called sexist. When he says he *does* think gender impacts a politician's chance at winning, that's called sexist. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
There's also a double standard for progressives:

Biden on tape says he agrees with Paul Ryan cutting SS and the MSM immediately ignores that he's been fighting for that very thing for 40years and thinks, "he was being sarcastic right?" Then asks the PR team for the Biden Campaign to confirm that he was being sarcastic. That's their "fact-check". Not going back into Biden's record since 1973 and checking if it's a consistent position for him to advocate for; no, ask the PR team for Team Biden 2020 if he was being sarcastic and call it a day.

Ok, so that's the standard? Not really. That only applies to the corporate-approved campaigns.

Bernie is smeared as a sexist just prior to the final debate before the IA Caucus. No direct quote attributed to him. No context. No non-hearsay sources. Conclusion: Bernie is a sexist and we're gonna make everyone believe it by making it appear in the A-block for a week.

JoyAnn Reid booking an anti-vaxxing Trump QAnon conspiracy theorist to talk about Bernie's Sexist Body Language was classic. They're just ramping it up. It's how you know they're scared shitless. They have no policy or record issues to assail his campaign with. So they'll try to land everything including anti-Semitism on him. Baseless character assassination. Hard to call a guy who was named an "Honorary Woman" by Gloria Steinem a sexist and have it land. They'll keep trying though.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:46 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Bob Woodward a quality source?

https://inthesetimes.com/article/218...retirement-age
Old 01-19-2020, 08:52 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Warren Joins Sanders in hitting Biden on SS

https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1219066481343856640

Very nice to see this. Solidarity matters. She could absolutely demolish Joe Biden on the Bankruptcy Bill. She was an absolute bulldog on his ass over this legislation.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:21 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
See here, this is a bad faith argument. He's pointing to clear ratfuckery on the part of a piece of shit douchebag, ignoring it for what it is, and repurposing it as being somehow indicative of the quality of the Sanders candidacy.
I'm not ignoring it for what it is at all. The Trump people think they can beat Sanders, so they're happy as clams to cross over and vote for him in the Democratic primary. They don't perceive him as a real threat in the GE, because they're going to paint him as a limp-wristed psuedo-communist with dangerously naive foreign policy ideas who will crash the economy with zillions of unchecked spending on new government bureaucracies. And considering you thin-skinned bitches couldn't even handle Elizabeth Warren saying, "Bernie had a hot take a woman can't win in 2020," I'm hardly convinced you'll be able to handle it when it's weapons hot with the safeties off and Trump's hurling real bombs over the transom at you.

Conversely, they don't think they can beat Biden. Hence why they committed a host of illegal and impeachable offenses to try to falsely taint his candidacy.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:34 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I'm not ignoring it for what it is at all. The Trump people think they can beat Sanders, so they're happy as clams to cross over and vote for him in the Democratic primary. They don't perceive him as a real threat in the GE, because they're going to paint him as a limp-wristed psuedo-communist with dangerously naive foreign policy ideas who will crash the economy with zillions of unchecked spending on new government bureaucracies. And considering you thin-skinned bitches couldn't even handle Elizabeth Warren saying, "Bernie had a hot take a woman can't win in 2020," I'm hardly convinced you'll be able to handle it when it's weapons hot with the safeties off and Trump's hurling real bombs over the transom at you.

Conversely, they don't think they can beat Biden. Hence why they committed a host of illegal and impeachable offenses to try to falsely taint his candidacy.
Which is exactly how I felt when Warren could not contain herself and let it all hang out after the debate. If she can't handle Bernie, how in the F can she handle the grabber??
Old 01-20-2020, 12:52 AM
Cooper's Law

So then Biden’s the best candidate for the GE? Are you shitting me??

Someone paint me a fucking scenario in which Trump doesn’t get re-elected.