BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Unfortunately, yes I do believe he scores points. The moral standard is very different between democrats and republicans.
Because one side has actual standards, the other just wants shit to scream about.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Because one side has actual standards, the other just wants shit to scream about.
That's the double edged sword politically, of being a party of morals, it's a check box that other party doesn't need.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:58 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
That's the double edged sword politically, of being a party of morals, it's a check box that other party doesn't need.
Can I point out the extreme irony that the party that is pro-secularism is now considered the party of morals because Trump is such an ethical shit show?

I still say no woman is voting for Trump over Sanders because he had a hot take that he didn’t think a woman could win in 2020. Any woman who says they did was already in Trump’s column and is lying about the excuse.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:47 PM

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...upporting-iraq
Old 01-14-2020, 04:50 PM

https://fair.org/home/cnns-sanders-h...SE9JzL_hfezW5g
Old 01-14-2020, 05:47 PM

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...o-vote/604882/

Quote:
The only candidate still in the race to receive virtually universal praise from the organizers was Senator Bernie Sanders. Organizers from California to Texas highlighted the Sanders campaign’s grassroots engagement, something that seems to be reflected in Latinos’ consistently strong support for the senator: In poll after poll, Latinos, especially young Latinos, rank Sanders as their top pick among the primary contenders. Chuck Rocha, a top Sanders adviser, told me that the polls reflect the senator’s priority of expanding the electorate, including young Latinos who have not voted before. Of the record 32 million Latinos eligible to cast a ballot in 2020, 4 million of them turned 18 after the 2016 election, María Teresa Kumar, the CEO of the political-advocacy group Voto Latino, told me.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:06 PM

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/...99112203972608
Old 01-14-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Can I point out the extreme irony that the party that is pro-secularism is now considered the party of morals because Trump is such an ethical shit show?

I still say no woman is voting for Trump over Sanders because he had a hot take that he didn’t think a woman could win in 2020. Any woman who says they did was already in Trump’s column and is lying about the excuse.
It’s not just women, I have my doubts that ANYONE is on the fence about Trump. I mean, what more does anyone need to hear, see or know? I’m gonna Bay City Plywood LMAO if/when the MSM spends time on panels full of “undecideds” in the GE. I can just picture a bunch of drooling morons who can barely dress themselves. #TINSTAAUV (There is no such thing as an undecided voter)

But isn’t this exactly why Bernie’s outreach and ground game objectives to expand the electorate are so important? Do you just think Obama For America is going to rise from the dead if Biden gets the nom? I suspect the team that is putting in the work now is the one that stands to best chance of toppling the Trump fever cult.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:29 PM

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...s-as-joe-biden
Old 01-14-2020, 10:55 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
But isn’t this exactly why Bernie’s outreach and ground game objectives to expand the electorate are so important? Do you just think Obama For America is going to rise from the dead if Biden gets the nom?
I think once the left consolidates behind whoever the nominee is you're going to be shocked how strong their whole operation gets in a hurry. GOTV. Fundraising. You name it. It's going to be all hands on deck and I'll let you in on a terrible secret: a good 80-90% of the base doesn't really care who the nominee is and just wants to kick the shit out of Trump at the ballot box. Just tell them who the nominee is and they'll crawl over broken glass to get it done.

But with that said, the proven secret sauce is extra juice in African American turnout and whether you like it or you don't Biden's the one they're supporting.

You have to admit it's a little concerning that after more than five years Sanders still hasn't figured out how to sway those voters. It's not like Warren, who's got the excuse she's only been campaigning for a year. Sanders has been running for POTUS for over five years now and he knows from the last primary where he lost because of tepid African American support that it's where he needed to step up his game. And yet...