BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 12-31-2019, 05:04 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
And by voting for the Democratic Party as it is, and the establishment candidates they put up(Biden), you're going to write off the very people the Democratic Party pretends to care about. The same marginalized people who the GOP wants to round up in cages and eventually execute will just be marginalized in a different way by the Democratic Party. This is not a recipe for electoral victory you're so fond of claiming as your only motivation.
Joe Biden served in the administration that gave the DREAMers the EO that allowed them to stay in the country and is for comprehensive immigration reform. Donald Trump is for building a medieval wall, kidnapping babies and throwing them in cages, and says all Mexicans are rapists.

Explain to me how Joe Biden (or any major Democratic candidate, left or center) is in any way, shape, or form equivalent to Donald Trump?

This is the abject DUMBASSERY of the online political left fun house mirror. You're fighting over maybe six inches of territory extending from the left of center on the political spectrum when you're going against people who are six MILES to the right in the other direction of the spectrum.

Just absolutely fucking stupid, on top of being insulting.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:08 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
All I know is, the activist left outnumbers the stay at home white racist suburbanites where it matters. The streets.
Check the 2018 House results and where the Democratic pickups came from, jack. And it has nothing to do with "racist suburbanites." Quite the opposite, in fact. Educated white urban and suburban voters embrace the project of a pluralistic society and are turned off by the racism, misogyny, and anti-Semitism of Trumpism. That's why the whole f'ing realignment is happening.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:40 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Check the 2018 House results and where the Democratic pickups came from, jack. And it has nothing to do with "racist suburbanites." Quite the opposite, in fact. Educated white urban and suburban voters embrace the project of a pluralistic society and are turned off by the racism, misogyny, and anti-Semitism of Trumpism. That's why the whole f'ing realignment is happening.
Streets...you see lots of Martha's out protesting? Didn't think so, Ted.
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK
Old 12-31-2019, 06:08 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Streets...you see lots of Martha's out protesting? Didn't think so, Ted.
Blue haired Fox News voters don't protest either... they just vote. Until angry trustafarian hipsters vote as reliably as adults, I'm not interested in protest turnout.

You DO understand the name of the game is to get more votes, not just be the loudest, right?
Old 12-31-2019, 06:50 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Between this and my NMC discussion with Bolthed, I wonder if Discord will see a comment about the game.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:54 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Blue haired Fox News voters don't protest either... they just vote. Until angry trustafarian hipsters vote as reliably as adults, I'm not interested in protest turnout.

You DO understand the name of the game is to get more votes, not just be the loudest, right?
Took the words out of... In my mind, this sums it up perfectly.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:12 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Between this and my NMC discussion with Bolthed, I wonder if Discord will see a comment about the game.
Itís just our annual dust up. 🤪 Happy New Year, DD and everyone.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:48 PM

Happy New Years everyone.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:00 PM
Cooper's Law

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/24/net-...0-and-now.html
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK
Old 01-01-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Happy New Years everyone.
On a cruise so I have a break from the 24 hour news cycle. Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel then back to Ft Lauderdale Sunday. Only football for the last three days. Very nice New Year. Wish you all a great one.