BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 08-14-2009, 11:11 AM
BP Staff

Drew Carter was a WR for the Carolina Panthers.

Exhibition football on the mind.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Right now?

Miller-Vinny4-Tukonen
Malone-Stamkos-MSL
Downie-Halpern-Veilleux
Craig-Hall-Fedoruk
Konopka

add Tanguay (at my reasonable salary hope. ))

Miller-Vinny4-Tanguay
Malone-Stamkos-MSL
Downie-Halpern-Veilleux
Craig-Jones-Hall-Tukonen-Fedoruk-Konopka-Karsums battle
Why do you switch wings around? Miller's on the left, Tanguay is a left wing. Downie on the left? Downie's a Right wing. Veilleux is a left wing.

I realize there is a segment of the Hockey populace that thinks Wings are interchangeable but that's not an absolute truth.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Drew Miller has to clear waivers (I'm pretty sure). He's 25 and signed his first contract in 2006 -- that 3 years. Plus he has 69 NHL regular season + playoff games -- that's 1 game shy of the game limit anyway.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Why do you switch wings around? Miller's on the left, Tanguay is a left wing. Downie on the left? Downie's a Right wing. Veilleux is a left wing.

I realize there is a segment of the Hockey populace that thinks Wings are interchangeable but that's not an absolute truth.
i wasn't putting them in exact spots. just lines...
Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Two players for one cromag and one very dumb one going the other way.
Read the below quote from TBFANATIC.

I love how you call Arty dumb. How exactly do you figure? Take a look at his history since joining the Lightning organization, and before last year when did he have any hope for developing correctly?

Not saying he didn't make some stupid decisions (i.e. choice for agent), but I will venture a guess and say we lost this deal when comparing the actual players involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFANATIC View Post
The team that acquires the most bad players in a deal is the winner?
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Obviously there were times when more grit was needed last year. And obviously there will be again. Fedoruk made R2 expendable.

As did the fact we now know R2 was the guy Lawton and Tocchet were speaking of when they talked about the previous regime being infatuated with size over hockey IQ.
The Lightning, needing more grit, say it ain't so!

In theory yes, Fedoruk did make R2 expendable, but Arty is the better player of the 2. Fedoruk is past his prime, however his leadership would've possibly helped Artyukhin develop into the player he is capable of being. Now we just have the past his prime Fedoruk. This brings up another question.

According to CT, when Lawton was asked about getting an enforcer for the 4th line, he said we have Artyukhin (paraphrasing).

Then they acquire Fedoruk and when asked about Fedoruk's problem with fighting since he was destroyed by Boogaard and Orr, Lawton said, "I didn't get him to fight".

That leaves Walker. So the guy we pay 1.7mil a year for the next 4 years is our primary enforcer?

This is my biggest problem with the trade. We have players like Miller (Halpern, Veilleux, Bochenski, etc.), but we have nobody like Arty. I like getting the 3rd round pick, but unless we acquire a "youngish" enforcer later, I think we lose this trade.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

I find it funny that some are in such a hurry to be happy little slaves.

Last edited by cromag; 08-14-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post

I love how you call Arty dumb. How exactly do you figure? Take a look at his history since joining the Lightning organization, and before last year when did he have any hope for developing correctly?

Not saying he didn't make some stupid decisions (i.e. choice for agent), but I will venture a guess and say we lost this deal when comparing the actual players involved.

My thoughts exactly.

In theory yes, Fedoruk did make R2 expendable, but Arty is the better player of the 2. Fedoruk is past his prime, however his leadership would've possibly helped Artyukhin develop into the player he is capable of being. Now we just have the past his prime Fedoruk. This brings up another question.

According to CT, when Lawton was asked about getting an enforcer for the 4th line, he said we have Artyukhin (paraphrasing).

Then they acquire Fedoruk and when asked about Fedoruk's problem with fighting since he was destroyed by Boogaard and Orr, Lawton said, "I didn't get him to fight".

That leaves Walker. So the guy we pay 1.7mil a year for the next 4 years is our primary enforcer?

This is my biggest problem with the trade. We have players like Miller (Halpern, Veilleux, Bochenski, etc.), but we have nobody like Arty. I like getting the 3rd round pick, but unless we acquire a "youngish" enforcer later, I think we lose this trade.
the man had hands of stone and was a penalty magnet. i would rather have miller over r2. plus, can they afford r2 after this season?

konopka can do the same thing as R2.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post

My thoughts exactly.

IMO, you are just over-rating Arty's abilities...He made an impact, albeit minor in the long run, in about 10 games last season in the December-January period...He's a tease.....If Arty ever scores 10 goals in a season I will be shocked...

Fighting, again, is irrelevant...They have a bunch of guys that will stand up for teammates...The problem guys in this league, who run around and cheap-shot people are all small..Ott, Avery, Hollweg, Tootoo, Cooke.
Fedoruk is a veteran guy who can handle what he needs to...

I honestly don't get what TB is saying about "whoever gets the most bad players in a deal wins." what does that mean?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 PM

Simply paraphrasing, you said we got two players for one..so two bad players for one means we won the deal? Some clarification is in order on your part.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFANATIC View Post
you said we got two players for one..so two bad players for one means we won the deal?
The difference is that it's your opinion, and not a fact. And who is your second bad player? The third round draft pick that has yet to be chosen?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
The difference is that it's your opinion, and not a fact. And who is your second bad player? The third round draft pick that has yet to be chosen?
Subtract the word bad at your convenience, I was using it because of the context of his wording...still doesn't make any sense