BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 04-05-2020, 07:17 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

You all are too young, but during Watergate an impressionist, David Frye, released a Very popular album.

Talking about Nixon, “This is George McGovern. I believe that killing is wrong. But in this case I’m willing to make an exception.”

That’s the way I feel about Trump.
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:59 PM
BP Staff

He doesn't deserve the easy way out. He deserves to be defeated, repudiated, reviled, and then thrown in jail. And, that needs to happen not just out of principle, but as a warning to future generations against this kind of dangerous, unqualified, cruel, corrupt, and incompetent demagogue.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He doesn't deserve the easy way out. He deserves to be defeated, repudiated, reviled, and then thrown in jail. And, that needs to happen not just out of principle, but as a warning to future generations against this kind of dangerous, unqualified, cruel, corrupt, and incompetent demagogue.
I don't think he's going to wind up in jail, but I damn sure don't want that fuckstick turned into a martyr. He needs to be disgraced, or at least as disgraced as our divided nation will allow. Not that he's even capable of shame, but getting his ass handed to him in this election would at least get him out of a decision-making position.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:13 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I don't think he's going to wind up in jail, but I damn sure don't want that fuckstick turned into a martyr. He needs to be disgraced, or at least as disgraced as our divided nation will allow. Not that he's even capable of shame, but getting his ass handed to him in this election would at least get him out of a decision-making position.
With the added benefit of possibly burning down what's left of the Republican Party in the process when the establishment tries to retake the party from the alt-right and the rest of the grifters who've hijacked it.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
With the added benefit of possibly burning down what's left of the Republican Party in the process when the establishment tries to retake the party from the alt-right and the rest of the grifters who've hijacked it.
I’m guessing the “remains” will roughly be the equivalent of Ross Perot’s flight of fancy. (What, roughly 12%??)
Old 04-06-2020, 03:02 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Hoek was on the mark: The real metric is the mortality. And since the medical examiners in this country don't have the tests at their disposal, the actual cause of death (due to Covid 19) is probably grossly underestimated. But there is clarity from the Trump sycophants:

"The death toll has become a heavily politicized benchmark. Trump’s defenders say the official number is inflated because it includes all deceased people who tested positive for Covid-19, even if there was another cause of death, such as a heart attack or an accident."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...SIa?li=BBnb7Kz

How crass and distasteful can these people be...? So, if we have 100,000 dead, is it "only" maybe 80,000 that died directly, and scientifically, from the virus? We will probably never know with certainty.

I guess we already know to what lengths and depths Trump's defenders will go to try and somehow explain away or justify this incompetence. But questioning "cause of death" has to be a new low, in a disgraceful succession of new lows.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:40 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I really doubt that many people with COVID-19 are dying in accidents, lol. But it does affect the heart, kidneys, and causes sepsis, so you can't just say only pulmonary causes of death count.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:17 AM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Hoek was on the mark: The real metric is the mortality. And since the medical examiners in this country don't have the tests at their disposal, the actual cause of death (due to Covid 19) is probably grossly underestimated. But there is clarity from the Trump sycophants:

"The death toll has become a heavily politicized benchmark. Trump’s defenders say the official number is inflated because it includes all deceased people who tested positive for Covid-19, even if there was another cause of death, such as a heart attack or an accident."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...SIa?li=BBnb7Kz

How crass and distasteful can these people be...? So, if we have 100,000 dead, is it "only" maybe 80,000 that died directly, and scientifically, from the virus? We will probably never know with certainty.

I guess we already know to what lengths and depths Trump's defenders will go to try and somehow explain away or justify this incompetence. But questioning "cause of death" has to be a new low, in a disgraceful succession of new lows.
This is what is commonly referred to as the "grasping at straws" defense.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:54 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

I've got Trumpists as "friends" who claim the Governor of Connecticut lied about the death of a 6 week old baby due to coronavirus, citing Candace Owens (noted epidemiologist of the right), and how the libs won't acknowledge this and the MSM is ignoring this bold faced lie.

All based on the coroner saying the baby had COVID-19 but they haven't determined the official cause of death yet. I think our country may be beyond repair, even with/when Trump is out of office, as long as Fox News is still the #1 "news" source for the majority of the country.

https://www.facebook.com/realCandace...5960668111396/