BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #22731  
Old 04-05-2020, 07:17 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 9,455
Default

You all are too young, but during Watergate an impressionist, David Frye, released a Very popular album.

Talking about Nixon, “This is George McGovern. I believe that killing is wrong. But in this case I’m willing to make an exception.”

That’s the way I feel about Trump.
__________________
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.
Reply With Quote
  #22732  
Old 04-05-2020, 07:59 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,824
Default

He doesn't deserve the easy way out. He deserves to be defeated, repudiated, reviled, and then thrown in jail. And, that needs to happen not just out of principle, but as a warning to future generations against this kind of dangerous, unqualified, cruel, corrupt, and incompetent demagogue.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #22733  
Old 04-05-2020, 08:59 PM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Brett Connolly's Gum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He doesn't deserve the easy way out. He deserves to be defeated, repudiated, reviled, and then thrown in jail. And, that needs to happen not just out of principle, but as a warning to future generations against this kind of dangerous, unqualified, cruel, corrupt, and incompetent demagogue.
I don't think he's going to wind up in jail, but I damn sure don't want that fuckstick turned into a martyr. He needs to be disgraced, or at least as disgraced as our divided nation will allow. Not that he's even capable of shame, but getting his ass handed to him in this election would at least get him out of a decision-making position.
__________________
Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #22734  
Old 04-05-2020, 09:13 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I don't think he's going to wind up in jail, but I damn sure don't want that fuckstick turned into a martyr. He needs to be disgraced, or at least as disgraced as our divided nation will allow. Not that he's even capable of shame, but getting his ass handed to him in this election would at least get him out of a decision-making position.
With the added benefit of possibly burning down what's left of the Republican Party in the process when the establishment tries to retake the party from the alt-right and the rest of the grifters who've hijacked it.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #22735  
Old 04-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
With the added benefit of possibly burning down what's left of the Republican Party in the process when the establishment tries to retake the party from the alt-right and the rest of the grifters who've hijacked it.
I’m guessing the “remains” will roughly be the equivalent of Ross Perot’s flight of fancy. (What, roughly 12%??)
__________________
“That’s why I hate the media”, says a female Trumper when asked about a whopper Trump lie at the Phoenix rally.
Reply With Quote
  #22736  
Old 04-06-2020, 03:02 AM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,505
Default

Hoek was on the mark: The real metric is the mortality. And since the medical examiners in this country don't have the tests at their disposal, the actual cause of death (due to Covid 19) is probably grossly underestimated. But there is clarity from the Trump sycophants:

"The death toll has become a heavily politicized benchmark. Trump’s defenders say the official number is inflated because it includes all deceased people who tested positive for Covid-19, even if there was another cause of death, such as a heart attack or an accident."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...SIa?li=BBnb7Kz

How crass and distasteful can these people be...? So, if we have 100,000 dead, is it "only" maybe 80,000 that died directly, and scientifically, from the virus? We will probably never know with certainty.

I guess we already know to what lengths and depths Trump's defenders will go to try and somehow explain away or justify this incompetence. But questioning "cause of death" has to be a new low, in a disgraceful succession of new lows.
__________________
“That’s why I hate the media”, says a female Trumper when asked about a whopper Trump lie at the Phoenix rally.
Reply With Quote
  #22737  
Old 04-06-2020, 06:40 AM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 17,095
Default

I really doubt that many people with COVID-19 are dying in accidents, lol. But it does affect the heart, kidneys, and causes sepsis, so you can't just say only pulmonary causes of death count.
Reply With Quote
  #22738  
Old 04-06-2020, 07:17 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Brett Connolly's Gum
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Hoek was on the mark: The real metric is the mortality. And since the medical examiners in this country don't have the tests at their disposal, the actual cause of death (due to Covid 19) is probably grossly underestimated. But there is clarity from the Trump sycophants:

"The death toll has become a heavily politicized benchmark. Trump’s defenders say the official number is inflated because it includes all deceased people who tested positive for Covid-19, even if there was another cause of death, such as a heart attack or an accident."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...SIa?li=BBnb7Kz

How crass and distasteful can these people be...? So, if we have 100,000 dead, is it "only" maybe 80,000 that died directly, and scientifically, from the virus? We will probably never know with certainty.

I guess we already know to what lengths and depths Trump's defenders will go to try and somehow explain away or justify this incompetence. But questioning "cause of death" has to be a new low, in a disgraceful succession of new lows.
This is what is commonly referred to as the "grasping at straws" defense.
__________________
Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #22739  
Old 04-06-2020, 07:54 AM
nutznboltz's Avatar
nutznboltz nutznboltz is offline
Dan Ellis' Money Problems
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oldsmar F-L-A
Posts: 2,845
Default

I've got Trumpists as "friends" who claim the Governor of Connecticut lied about the death of a 6 week old baby due to coronavirus, citing Candace Owens (noted epidemiologist of the right), and how the libs won't acknowledge this and the MSM is ignoring this bold faced lie.

All based on the coroner saying the baby had COVID-19 but they haven't determined the official cause of death yet. I think our country may be beyond repair, even with/when Trump is out of office, as long as Fox News is still the #1 "news" source for the majority of the country.

https://www.facebook.com/realCandace...5960668111396/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.