BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I use DirecTV Now. Works very well. Here in CA all of the local channels are included in it. They gave us an AppleTV 4k for signing up. I have a Roku on one TV as well. Of course, we're in our 40s, so we're not fumbling with our Jitterbug™ phones...
Old 07-25-2018, 01:24 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschmitz View Post
how much is youtube tv?
Quote:
currently, youtube tv costs $40 per month, after a seven-day free trial, and does not tie users into annual contracts, so you can cancel at any time. It recently rose in price from $35 per month, after adding turner networks. (it includes all of your locals plus fox sports fl & sunsports) - Come with 3 livestreams at a time.

and IMHO - It has the slickest interface of the ones I looked at (YouTubeTV, HuluLive, and Sling).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
we're in our 40s, (us too) so we're not fumbling with our Jitterbug™ phones...
EXACTLY!!!!!

Last edited by Jester47; 07-25-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
[/color][/i]

and IMHO - It has the slickest interphase of the ones I looked at.
See I just don't get why drop cable at that point. DirecTV gives you 100 more channels, and for the first year they are the same price ($25 less the next year for now, until Youtube/Sling up their cost).

We cut the chord to save money, but our internet bill has skyrocketed because we have no other internet options and need the unlimited. Any time you think you have found a way to cut costs, get screwed again.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:46 PM

Thanks for that Jester. Maybe that will be her wedding gift lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
See I just don't get why drop cable at that point. DirecTV gives you 100 more channels, and for the first year they are the same price ($25 less the next year for now, until Youtube/Sling up their cost).

We cut the chord to save money, but our internet bill has skyrocketed because we have no other internet options and need the unlimited. Any time you think you have found a way to cut costs, get screwed again.
Yep, south lakeland gets Spectrum for internet and that's it. It's so expensive
Old 07-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Yep, south lakeland gets Spectrum for internet and that's it. It's so expensive
Yeah luckily (I guess somewhat) for me, I am grandfathered in on a Brighthouse contract... the same exact thing with Spectrum is $20 buck more a month. I told them I was going to shop it and they were like, "OK, anything else I can help you with today?"....
Old 07-25-2018, 01:54 PM

I've had mine double over the last 2 years. My internet is almost $100 a month at this point, and I have no options around it.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
Yeah luckily (I guess somewhat) for me, I am grandfathered in on a Brighthouse contract... the same exact thing with Spectrum is $20 buck more a month. I told them I was going to shop it and they were like, "OK, anything else I can help you with today?"....
$70 is the cheapest they have, and it took me some work to get them to give me that instead of their $100 rate. Just for internet. I guess that's how they make up for everyone dropping their cable package, run a monopoly on internet.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I've had mine double over the last 2 years. My internet is almost $100 a month at this point, and I have no options around it.
Ditto, although maybe you can check with them and get the slower package like I did. I had to ask several times since they don't advertise it. Where the **** is Verizon $20 DSL at?
Old 07-25-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Ditto, although maybe you can check with them and get the slower package like I did. I had to ask several times since they don't advertise it. Where the **** is Verizon $20 DSL at?
Nope, they legit told me "Nothing we can do." I even asked if I could get the special rates if I added TV and phone, got a hard "No". At one point like 5 years ago I had ATT DSL. Now they say it's not available here. I don't get it.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The fiance hates me for telling her no to cable. We do the firestick and kodi route the rare times we turn on the television, but I am looking to buy a TV with Roku.

How much is YouTube tv?
Buy the Roku unit; the sets with it embedded are low end. I have a Sharp 43 Roku tv and find the interface a bit clunky and slower than the box or streaming stick.