BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
I read this one the other day. It was a good reminder of how bad we the people are getting screwed for the benefit of the very few. The MIC is in the way of our entire nation being provided with cheap/free higher education and healthcare.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:19 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
I am a strong supporter of military. But...no question we can and should do better.
Very poor judgement on the part of many in DC.

Is it time to rethink HOW we do business in DC.
For instance, are budgets/projects like defense too big for elected officials to make an intelligent decision?

Last edited by gphockey; 10-16-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
I am a strong supporter of military. But...no question we can and should do better.
Very poor judgement on the part of many in DC.

Is it time to rethink HOW we do business in DC.
For instance, are budgets/projects like defense too big for elected officials to make an intelligent decision?
I reject the premise that they're "elected". For the most part, they are selected by the very beneficiaries of massive government contracts to do exactly what they do. We're merely given the illusion of choice with our votes.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Zeyk do you still fully support Kaepernick after recent news?
Old 10-16-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Zeyk do you still fully support Kaepernick after recent news?
What's the recent news? You mean him filing a union grievance against the NFL?

If so, how would that change anything about his protesting of police brutality and systemic inequality?

Last edited by ZeykShade; 10-16-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
What's the recent news? You mean him filing a union grievance against the NFL?

If so, how would that change anything about his protesting of police brutality and systemic inequality?
You said he was acting selflessly. So, do you still believe his decision was a thoughtful and altruistic one?

Last week he retreated from his kneeling position to entertain contract offers, and he's now filing a grievance against owners who very publicly supported players rights to kneel.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You said he was acting selflessly. So, do you still believe his decision was a thoughtful and altruistic one?

Last week he retreated from his kneeling position to entertain contract offers, and he's now filing a grievance against owners who very publicly supported players rights to kneel.
You're making very little sense.

If your contention is that he wasn't acting selflessly in putting his professional career at jeopardy to use his platform as a public figure to shed light on issues that are far too often kept in the dark, then it is up to you to demonstrate his personal gain in pausing his career. Show me how he has benefited monetarily and professionally from his protest. Demonstrate, with evidence, that he had a profitable ulterior motive to saying, "Inequality and Police Brutality are wrong."

I'll reconsider what he's doing if you show me he's made out like a bandit from doing this and he intended to do so all along. He's not Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:40 PM

We've already had these arguments, you don't need to posture as if I'm lining up to make a new point. You can just say no, you still believe he was acting selfless. Proving one way or another is as likely as Kaepernick proving collusion within the NFL, virtually impossible. That is why we have opinions.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
We've already had these arguments, you don't need to posture as if I'm lining up to make a new point. You can just say no, you still believe he was acting selfless. Proving one way or another is as likely as Kaepernick proving collusion within the NFL, virtually impossible. That is why we have opinions.
He has 90days from the time he may have found evidence of collusion to file the grievance according to their CBA I think.

I don't think you've expressed your opinion in any logical fashion. What did Kaepernick personally "gain" from kneeling? In order for it to be selfish, he'd have to benefit in some way, right? If you have an opinion that Kaepernick is selfish and his motives are selfish, it should be pretty easy to back that opinion up with evidence. You don't have to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, just a preponderance of the evidence. Incidentally, this is very nearly the same evidentiary standard for Kaepernick in his grievance filing.