BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Farm

Old 04-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default Lightning and Syracuse Crunch announce six-year affiliation extension

Didn't see this mentioned here yesterday, not sure if people wanted to talk about it, but stability is good news I guess, right?

Lightning and Syracuse Crunch announce six-year affiliation extension

Quote:
TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Lightning and Syracuse Crunch have jointly announced a six-year affiliation extension today. The extension ensures Tampa Bay's top prospects will develop their talents in Syracuse through the 2021-22 season.

“Under the ownership of Jeff Vinik, the hockey leadership of Steve Yzerman and Julien BriseBois and the tremendous business staff led by chief executive officer Steve Griggs, the Tampa Bay Lightning have clearly established themselves as one of the premier franchises in the National Hockey League,” Crunch owner Howard Dolgon said. “We at the Syracuse Crunch are proud to extend this long-term affiliation and are confident that we will continue to see talented young players hone their skills in our backyard before making their mark with the Lightning. Our organizations share a philosophy that touches on all aspects of our sport. We are committed to being competitive both on and off the ice and strive to bring the best product to the best fans in the American Hockey League.”

Since the start of the affiliation in 2012, 36 players have appeared with both the Crunch and the Bolts. Fourteen former Crunch players are currently on the Lightning’s 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs roster.

“We are pleased to be extending our affiliation with the Syracuse Crunch,” Lightning vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman said. “The Crunch and Howard Dolgon, along with the city of Syracuse and Onondaga County, have been, and continue to be, an excellent place to develop our prospects. We look forward to what will hopefully be many successful years to come on and off the ice.”

The teams have recently completed their fourth year of the affiliation. In that time, the Crunch own a 147-108-31-18 record and have made two postseason appearances, including the team’s most successful season to date with its first trip to the Calder Cup Finals in 2013.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Works for me. Stability is good & we get good coverage from Jeremy.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:02 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

It sounds like most Crunch fans are happy or at least OK with it. Didn't find any angry comments in social media.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
It sounds like most Crunch fans are happy or at least OK with it. Didn't find any angry comments in social media.
Me either, which is nice.

The only ones I really didn't like were the Springy fans, those were some real hostile people. (I don't need a lecture about saying that, for anyone who's gearing up to give me one )

Last edited by Sotnos; 04-30-2016 at 10:17 AM.