BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

6pts to 43? You don't usually see that kind of jump in the WHL that's for sure.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:41 PM
Cooper's Law

Not draft related but not sure where else to put it.

NCAA seasons are ending meaning the free agents are starting to sign deals. Austin Czarnik(attended a TBL prospect camp) is available.

A player I hope they look at is Colin Campbell( http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=39567 ). Scouting reports on him say he is strong.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Not draft related but not sure where else to put it.

NCAA seasons are ending meaning the free agents are starting to sign deals. Austin Czarnik(attended a TBL prospect camp) is available.

A player I hope they look at is Colin Campbell( http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=39567 ). Scouting reports on him say he is strong.
I hear consistency is an issue with him, and that's why he was eventually replaced with Shanahan.

<.<

>.>

......sorry.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Lol.. I was thinking the same thing. Sign him and gain immunity from officiating!

Last edited by Hoek; 03-13-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Default ESPN first draft has us at 21

and picking McKeown which would be very fortuitous. It is on insider, but I'll link it anyway and blurb it. Brief explanation of methodology by the author of the mock, Frank Provenzano. I know it is BSPN, but at least there is some draft stuff starting to trickle out.

"With that in mind, I took ESPN NHL draft analyst Corey Pronman's draft prospect rankings list and put together my own fearless projections on where prospects might land on draft day, using the NHL standings as of April 1 as the order of selection. Within each selection, I've included my own thoughts on the team fit for the prospect, as well as some scouting notes from Corey."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...-first-overall

McKeown

Tampa Bay Lightning TEAM: Kingston (OHL)

DOB: 1/20/96 HT: 6-1 WT: 194 POS: D

Pronman's take: McKeown is one of the better skaters available in the first round. The quick bursts he gets from every stride, especially since he can move well in all directions, allows him to do a lot on the ice. Regularly, you see McKeown pinch up or get closer to the play than most defenders would because he has the ability to recover easily
Old 04-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Adrian Kempe sitting right around our pick. Daddy likes.
This is the type of player we so sorely are in need of.
Finish a check, drive to the net a couple years and a few pounds more this could be a beast pairing with the likes of Adam Erne.
We have many of finesse player and they tend to be easier to find but those with size, strength and willingness to use it with skill are extremely difficult to find.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Barnacles Shout Out

I know stats aren't everything, but 3 goals in 20 swedish junior games this year worries me a bit about his offensive upside. Does he project to be a top 6 center?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goboltz56 View Post
I know stats aren't everything, but 3 goals in 20 swedish junior games this year worries me a bit about his offensive upside. Does he project to be a top 6 center?
Actually he had 5 goals and 11 points in the SHL playing for Modo. He was a 17 year old in one of the top 5 leagues in the world so production would be lower in his first year in most cases. I still like that Alex Tuch is in the mid teens projection right now for the draft. We need his size (6'4) bad up front.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Barnacles Shout Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Actually he had 5 goals and 11 points in the SHL playing for Modo. He was a 17 year old in one of the top 5 leagues in the world so production would be lower in his first year in most cases. I still like that Alex Tuch is in the mid teens projection right now for the draft. We need his size (6'4) bad up front.
Right, but that prorates to 9 goals in a full season. He still only had 3 goals playing 20 games against teenagers. I understand he was playing against men for a portion of a season, and I understand he skates well and has a power-game which we need, but his lack of production against teenagers at multiple levels does not indicate a future top 6 center. I guess picking a good #3 C at 22 overall isn't necessarily a bad thing though.

Last edited by Goboltz56; 04-18-2014 at 12:37 PM.