BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Default Lightning v Bhawks 7:30 puck drop

superstition tested one more time. Big test of validity tonight. Cant see anyone but us taking down the Hawks before the break:

http://winnersandwhiners.com/nhl/1-2...16-prediction/

Chicago Blackhawks (2-1-0 SU, 1-2 PL, 1-2-0 OU) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (-3-0 SU, 0-3 PL, 3-0-0 OU)

When: 7:30 PM ET, Thursday, January 21, 2016

Where: Amalie Center in Tampa, Florida

Lines: Tampa Bay -117/ Chicago +106

Total: 5

The Chicago Blackhawks have now won their last 12 games in a row, following a 4-1 road win over Nashville on Tuesday night, while the Tampa Bay Lightning come in on a six game win streak, following a 6-4 win over Edmonton on Tuesday night. The home team has won the seven of the last 10 in the series.

Blackhawks Top Preds, Have Now Won 12 In A Row

The Chicago Blackhawks are on a serious roll right now as they have won their last 12 games in a row, which is a new franchise record. Chicago now leads the West with 68 points and ar a serious threat to repeat as NHL Champs. Chicago’s 12th win in a row was a 4-1 victory over the Preds on the road. Scoring for the Blackhawks in the win was Artem Anisimov (16th), Richard Panik (2nd), Patrick Kane (30th) and Andrew Desjardins (6th). Kane’s 30 goals leads the league and so does his 41 assists and 71 points overall. He is going for the triple crown of hockey and is clearly the best offensive player in the league right now.

Braden Holtby is the best goalie in the league right, but Corey Crawford is closing the gap as he has now won nine in a row, following the win over the Preds, which puts him at 27-12 with a 2.14 GAA on the year. He has allowed a total of 11 goals during his last eight starts. He should get the start here as well and is also 10-6 with a 2.85 GAA on the road, while vs the Lightning he is 2-3 with a 1.53 GAA in his career. The Blackhawks check in at 4th in the league in scoring, putting up 2.9 gpg, while converting on 22.3% of their power play chances, which is 3rd. On defense they are also 4th in goals allowed, giving up 2.3 ggp and 10th in penalty kill at 82.1%.

Lightning Top Oilers,Win 6th In A Row

The Tampa Bay Lightning are starting to figure things out as they are off a nice 6-4 win over the Oilers, which pushes their win streak to six games in a row. This is their longest streak of the year and a lot of it is due to the offense finally waking up. Last year they were 8th in the league in scoring and for much of this year they have been in the bottom 3rd in the league in scoring, but during their win streak they have put up 4.0 gpg and have risen to 11th in the league in scoring at 2.7 gpg. The Lightning just hung six goals on on the Oilers in their last game and got scoring from six different players, including Nikita Kucherov, which was his 19th of the year and Brian Boyle, whose 6th goal of the year broke a 4-4 tie in the 3rd period to give the Bolts the lead for good.

Ben Bishop has been a big part of their current run, but vs the Oilers it was Andrei Vasilevskiy that came up with the win and is now 7-4 with a 2.91 GAA on the year. Bishop should be back in goal for his one and is 18-16 with a 1.97 GAA on the year, including 10-9 with a 1.99 GA at home, while vs the Blackhawks in his career he has gone 3-2 with a 2.75 GAA. Defensively this is a rather solid team as they check in at 8th in the league in goals allowed at 2.3 gpg, while allowing teams to convert on 19.6% of their power play chances, which is 16th.

Trends

Chicago is:

2-5 their last seven games in Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay is:

5-1 in their last six when their opponent allows two goals or less in their previous game
49-24 in their last 73 home games
Pick: Tampa Bay

One streak has to end here and I will go with the longer one ending. The Blackhawks have won 12 in a row, but the Lighting are playing very good at the moment as they have won their last six games are are starting to get the offense to compliment their strong play in goal. The Blackhawks have struggled of late at this venue and that should continue here as the long winning streak comes to an end.

" I would be supremely happy with this pick except that the site has been really miserable about picks that in any way resemble the way the game unfolds. "
Old 01-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Going

My best bud and I are going tonight, we both grew up in Illinois and were Hawks fans until our first Bolt game 21 years ago. Go Bolts!
Old 01-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

So what percentage of the crowd will be wearing red tonight? I'm gonna estimate 30%, as the bandwagoners and the STH jersey switching will be in full force
Old 01-21-2016, 06:54 PM
Cooper's Law

Default More

From the look on the early news it looks like maybe more than that. Sick kids so staying home...not me my bud.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Well, let's see how serious the boys are about playing a full 60 against the hottest team in the league right now. Best bring it tonight Bolts.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:06 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Should be a good one. Gotta play their game and score first. Can't sit back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Well that escalated quickly

I was in another room and heard the roar, and thought we scored. Silly me. This is why we have restrictions on selling playoff tickets for a profit. Vinik must be steaming.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:44 PM

Wtf... Ugh

Old 01-21-2016, 07:59 PM

How did that not go in? Gesh Cally can't get a break! I was certain he'd score there!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I really wish we had at least two third line scoring caliber scorers on our third line.