BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The BP Front Page

Old 09-20-2019, 08:52 PM
BP Staff

Default NHL Preseason Game Night: 9-20-19 Predators at Lightning

Lightning offense breaks its slumber in Third Period comeback win.

NSH-1
TB-3

Curtis McElhinney allowed 1 goal on 32 shots for the win.

First Period
15:32 NSH Jarnkrok (1), (Bonino, Turris)(PP)

Second Period
NO SCORING

Third Period
9:30 TB Volkov (1), (Verhaeghe, Yan)(PP)
19:21 TB Kucherov (1), (Palat, Johnson)
19:44 TB Kucherov (2), (Palat)(EN)

Nikita Kucherov, Alexander Volkov and McElhinney were the game's three stars.

Shots were even at 32-32 for the game. Note the significant ice time for Volkov (again) and Carter Verhaeghe as well as a lot of ice time for righty defenseman prospect Ben Thomas (20:30). In all three cases, chronologically older prospects that should be among the next in line for spots in Tampa Bay, if in the cards.

Box score and extended statistics from NHL.com.

read more

http://www.boltprospects.com/content...tors-lightning
Old 09-21-2019, 10:55 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

One of the player that hasn't impressed me so far is Sergachev. I totally get it's preseason but he looks very lackadaisical in his play and with a team that has a lot of defensemen under contract, I would have thought he would have been motivated to show a little better.

Not am I saying in anyway that I think Schenn (for one) is better than Sergachev but we have a lot of offensive defensive men ahead of him and Schenn bring the physical that we are missing... just something to think about...

Last edited by Jester47; 09-21-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:45 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
One of the player that hasn't impressed me so far is Sergachev. I totally get it's preseason but he looks very lackadaisical in his play and with a team that has a lot of defensemen under contract, I would have thought he would have been motivated to show a little better.

Not am I saying in anyway that I think Schenn (for one) is better than Sergachev but we have a lot of offensive defensive men ahead of him and Schenn bring the physical that we are missing... just something to think about...
IMO Sergachev is the most interesting storyline of this upcoming regular season. With Shattenkirk available, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cooper puts Serge on a short leash with Hedman. With Hedman and McD locked down long-term, and Cernak pairing so well with McD, Sergachev has to prove he's going to be better on the right side (and more economical, frankly) than Cal Foote if he wants to stay on the roster. Because it's not going to make sense to have him play third pair minutes for the price he will likely command going forward. I've not seen or read anything that says Masin won't be taking the third pair left side spot once Coburn's contract is up, which pretty much leaves 1st and 3rd pair right side spots. it won't make sense in our cap situation to pay Serge his market price to play third pair minutes.

I'm clearly not the GM, but I have to think this is a make or break year for Serge in Tampa. If he hasn't grabbed the top pairing by the throat by the trade deadline, he might be the piece used to augment the roster for the playoffs.