BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 06-12-2019, 11:56 PM
Cooper's Law

Default 2019 NHL Draft

Seems like a good time to get this up with the draft next week.

Here are our selections: (rd) pick number

(1) 27
(3) 89
(4) 120
(6) 182
(7) 198
(7) 213
Old 06-14-2019, 11:08 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Extra

Címon JBB try to grab a few more picks if you can!
Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Yeah, I think we're gonna be doing the opposite in our quest for cap space.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:09 PM
BP Staff

Both of RLR's mock drafts had the Lightning taking mobile two-way d-men with their first rounder.

They need to get another goaltender in the system soon, though.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Both of RLR's mock drafts had the Lightning taking mobile two-way d-men with their first rounder.

They need to get another goaltender in the system soon, though.
Top-end D, but especially RHD with size, Center with size, Goalie are all needs I think.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

In the mock draft in The Athletic they had us taking Alex Vlasic from USNTDP-USHL. He just turned 18 and should grow into his 6'6" frame. He is listed as a left shot.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Jimmie Olvestad's Dimensional Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Would seem like moving down from 27 to acquire additional pick(s) might make most sense....Seems like a decent crop in the first 40 picks...also a few teams with multiple second rounders may wish to move up.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:23 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
In the mock draft in The Athletic they had us taking Alex Vlasic from USNTDP-USHL. He just turned 18 and should grow into his 6'6" frame. He is listed as a left shot.
RLR speaks highly of him for his poise and two-way game. They compare him to Brandon Carlo, although they say he's a string bean who will take time to fill out.

RLR's first mock had us taking Matthew Robertson from Edmonton in the WHL. 6'3" 200 lbs. Lefty Colton Parayko type the said would be a steal they doubt actually slides to us.

Their second mock had us taking Tobias Bjornfot out of Djurgardens. 6'0" 196 lbs. lefty d-man they compared to Ivan Provorov. I'm skeptical they'd be that high on this guy because they do have a size range they prefer. He ain't it.

Top goaltender in the class is 31st ranked Spencer Knight of the USNTDP, who they compare to Martin Jones. He does fit the profile of what Frantz Jean likes, size-wise.

My knee-jerk prediction? A trade back into the second round to select goaltender Pyotr Kochetkov. 6'3" 205 lbs who they comp to Robin Lehner. The Lightning aren't scared off by Russians and aren't scared off by overagers, and he's both. Stepping up from the Sochi organization to SKA St. Petersburg's organization next year.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:01 AM

Pete, that scenario makes sense as Knight most likely gone by 27 from what I read and couple that with the Bolts are short on picks. I say they move down into early second and pick up an additional pick...I also would expect a goalie drafted early, but haven't researched this years crop much at all. As a side note, maybe the Lightning ask for younger depth goaltenders in any trades they make leading up to/through the draft.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:28 AM

Talking

Carolina, New Jersry and Detroit all have multiple second round picks as well as early second round picks. If they had interest in moving up to 27, Bolts could slide down a little, and hopefully grab Kotchekov there, but no guarantee the guy you want is there when you trade down, right?

My quick goalie research makes me feel like Kotchekov would be the only other guy that stands out close to Knight and then there are a bunch of potential guys with most being smaller guys.

My only slight disagreement with the Bolts going early on a goalie is that Vasy is young....and most likely we will have him in next for next 7-10 years barring injury. So, do they take a guy with tremendous upside to be a number one or do they grab a guy later who has upside but needs time to develop. The more I think about it, the more I think they draft a couple of goalies, but in rounds 3-7 and work to acquire depth via trades and free agent signings. Nice to have Domingue backing up Vasy, but need better 3rd and 4th options for immediate future, IMO