BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-10-2019, 11:01 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Columbus shut down the Bolts' big guns with surprising effectiveness.
Our big guns had their chances and just pee'ed it down the leg when they did. That's not what concerned me. Tyler Johnson standing around at his blueline every breakout like he was waiting to catch a bus concerned me. The big guns will pick it up and the lower line guys were pretty good. Certain guys in the middle tier of our team not named Yanni Gourde looked to be scared of the moment. And, for the life of me, I can't understand how that's possible on a team with this much experience.

Quote:
They made Hedman look stupid on multiple occasions.
That's probably just rust more than anything.

Most of what I saw is fixable. Middle tier guys like Tyler Johnson vanishing in money time is a problem we've seen too much of the past several years, though. And, more concerning, you can't win a dog show if your RHD situation is Cernak, Girardi, and Rutta. That's a rookie (albeit a good one), an immobile corpse, and a glorified stick figure who poo's his pants under duress.

And Sergachev is overrated, but I've been saying that all year and no one's been concerned because we won in spite of him.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:27 AM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

I admit, I'm not happy about the outcome, but I'm not ready to panick.

I have felt and stated that we haven't played at playoff level for awhile and also that the regular season officiating versus the playoffs is going to tighten things up considerably. I think a loss like this could be a blessing in disguise.

I think that there wasn't much Cooper could say to the players because I'm sure they were feeling pretty good about themselves coming off the season they had, and that they always seem to be able to come back when down and turn it on when needed.

I am guessing that Cooper will have their attention now.

As for Coburn, haven't read all year that he was the key to our success or failure...now all of a sudden he is...hmm.

I guess I need to watch the video of the game closer to see where the breakdowns occurred, but I have to believe that Coop and the staff didn't get stupid all of a sudden. Sometimes it just comes down to desire and effort and when your used to winning even when playing fair hockey...it would seem hard to always have that sense of urgency.

Hopefully they find that now...

Again, maybe this loss was the best thing that ever happened to em
Old 04-11-2019, 07:39 AM
Crispy's Notepad

per Coop for many years, " as goes heddy, so go the Bolts" which was very true last night and I hope was only rust. Practice is not game, all the bouncing pucks went against 77 and turnovers have been his bugaboo for a long while. No one was innocent of misplays last night, not even Point, Cirelli or 37 who are the superchargers that drive the Lightning. I had said during the Discord of our 5-1 win over CBJ that I thought they could be our kryptonite, obviously prior scores make that seem stupid but they can be and were last night thanks to Torts...Could be Lightning in 5 and we catch the motivation fire typical of SC winners. No clue about why we went for Rutta over Coburn unless it was a speed move?? Anderson played like a big boy last night and we got outmatched some because of how Coop put his players on ice last night. Talking heads will have fun
Old 04-11-2019, 08:04 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Hedman was hot garbage last night, hopefully it was just rust. I think if that shot off the post goes in and the score goes to 4-0 and they pull Bob, the game would have been over at that point. They did outwork us from period 2 on and we were on our heels the rest of the game. Very disturbing, but I also remember losing the first 2 games at home against Detroit one year, and then reeling off 4 in a row. This had better be a wakeup call to this team, I was stunned last night and couldn't sleep.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Cooper's Law

Coburn is faster than Rutta. It’s a no-brainer, which means the coaching staff lost their minds on that decision.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizman View Post
I admit, I'm not happy about the outcome, but I'm not ready to panick.

I have felt and stated that we haven't played at playoff level for awhile and also that the regular season officiating versus the playoffs is going to tighten things up considerably. I think a loss like this could be a blessing in disguise.

I think that there wasn't much Cooper could say to the players because I'm sure they were feeling pretty good about themselves coming off the season they had, and that they always seem to be able to come back when down and turn it on when needed.

I am guessing that Cooper will have their attention now.

As for Coburn, haven't read all year that he was the key to our success or failure...now all of a sudden he is...hmm.

I guess I need to watch the video of the game closer to see where the breakdowns occurred, but I have to believe that Coop and the staff didn't get stupid all of a sudden. Sometimes it just comes down to desire and effort and when your used to winning even when playing fair hockey...it would seem hard to always have that sense of urgency.

Hopefully they find that now...

Again, maybe this loss was the best thing that ever happened to em

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 04-11-2019, 09:35 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Coburn is faster than Rutta. It’s a no-brainer, which means the coaching staff lost their minds on that decision.
RHD versus LHD, so it's not necessarily a cleanly binary Rutta versus Coburn decision. With that said, if you're really telling me our three best RHD are Cernak, Girardi, and Rutta, Young Breezy clearly screwed up sitting it out at the trade deadline.

I expected Sergachev to stay slid over to RHD more and I expected Anton Stralman to have at least fumes left in the tank and I expected Jan Rutta, a guy a non-playoff team had given up on, to be sitting in the press box.