BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-18-2019, 07:16 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
Where have you gone, Dub Dub Puppet Man?
Our website turns its lonely eyes to you
Woo, woo, woo
What's that you say, Kazakh Union News?
"Didn't vote for Trump" has gone away
Hey, hey, hey
Waive, waive, waive
Big meany.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:18 PM

Actually, I’m concerned that something real is going on. It’s not like him to be off the board this long.

In real news, a federal judge rules that the legislature’s attempt to over rule the recent referendum and disenfranchise felons who owe restitution is not legal. That could impact the next election by adding thousands of new voters.

Last edited by Donnie D; 10-18-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:04 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Perhaps a fortuitous outcome:: These folks may accomplish what the Hispanic and youth vote failed miserably at: vote the corrupt R's out of office across the state of Florida.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:25 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

You cannot legislate exclusively to thirty percent of the populace and expect to continue to remain in power. You can obfuscate, deck stack and rig, but you are merely buying time. Sooner or later the whiplash will come.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
You cannot legislate exclusively to thirty percent of the populace and expect to continue to remain in power. You can obfuscate, deck stack and rig, but you are merely buying time. Sooner or later the whiplash will come.
They are also the masters of propaganda
Old 10-18-2019, 11:35 PM
Cooper's Law

Don’t forget that Russia and the U.S. are “teaming up” to work on cybersecurity ... ahead of the 2020 election. I for one do not think any level of traitorous, naked power-grabbing corruption is beyond possibility.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Cooper's Law

https://apple.news/AQ8TwFALkRkmXo-NkCPKq3A

Quote:
One Republican, Rep. Francis Rooney (Fla.) — whose district Trump carried by 22 percentage points — did not rule out voting to impeach the president and compared the situation to the Watergate scandal that ended Richard Nixon’s presidency.
“I’m still thinking about it, you know?” Rooney said of backing impeachment. “I’ve been real mindful of the fact that during Watergate, all the people I knew said, ‘Oh, they’re just abusing Nixon, and it’s a witch hunt.’ Turns out it wasn’t a witch hunt. It was really bad.”
Old 10-19-2019, 04:38 PM
BP Staff

Rooney's also announced he's not running for re-election. It's amazing how they find a spine when that happens.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:38 PM

Trump announces that G-7 will not be held at Doral.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:04 AM
Paul Kennedy's Cue Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Actually, I’m concerned that something real is going on. It’s not like him to be off the board this long.
[apologies for the long post]

I'd be surprised if WaiverWire ever comes back. And I don't blame him if he doesn't.

Honest questions for those of you who've commented on WaiverWire's absence (I'm not directing this at you specifically, Donnie, I'm just using your post to bring this up):

Do you really want him to come back?

If you do, is it because you want to engage in respectful conversation with someone who holds a different view on politics and current events?

Or do you want him back so you can make fun of him, call him names, attack his beliefs, question his morals and intelligence, and insult him in general?

I ask because in the past several years, the abuses in my last question are what he's been subjected to on many occasions when he's come here to post. I am not exaggerating when I say WaiverWire has been bullied by several of you, sometimes viciously bullied -- not unlike the way President Trump bullies his opponents and those he believes have disrespected him. (Feel free to recognize the irony.)

Yes, there are times where he's called some of you names and insulted you. But in most, if not all, of those cases you started it. You called him a name or you insulted him first.

I'm not coming to WaiverWire's defense because I agree with his opinions -- I lean left politically, like many who post here. I'm coming to his defense because some of what I've read on these boards disturbs me, and I'm embarrassed to admit there have been times where I was tempted to join in the attack when you were ganging up on him.

And I'm just as embarrassed to admit there have been times where I wanted to write a post like this but decided not to because I didn't want to become the next target by coming to his defense. I suppose that means I'm like the Republicans in Congress, many of whom I suspect are disturbed by the words and actions of the president but don't dare speak up for fear of being called out by him -- and very likely losing their job in the next election as a direct result of speaking up.

For years, I've come to this thread on the BP boards to get news and views I don't necessarily get from the news sites I visit. And yes, because I'm more liberal than conservative I came for self-gratification when you affirmed my views.

Unfortunately, because of the abuse WaiverWire has endured and with the likelihood that he won't return, this thread has lost its conservative voice and is no longer a place where I can learn how individuals on "the other side" think and how they position the news of the day. Without that conservative voice, this thread has become far less informative and relevant to me.

I'm not writing this post to lecture anyone or take any "moral high ground." I'm not calling anyone out by name because that's not the point I wanted to make. There are those on this thread who have engaged in the abusive behaviors I described above, and I suspect I'm not the only one who came here to watch from the sidelines, sometimes entertained and sometimes disturbed by what I read.

I am writing this post simply because I wanted to express something that's been bothering me for a long time and to wonder out loud about whether this is a better thread without WaiverWire's participation.