BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-27-2014, 10:10 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,117
Default

I do believe that when that #19 pick fell to us SY knew he got what he needed in the best defenseman and that he could trade the #28 now to the Island as forwards were all about the same at this point.

In all, I am happy and looking forward to next week.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-27-2014, 10:38 PM
aapbolt aapbolt is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,585
Default Fascinating

Fascinating day and tomorrow should be fun. Looking forward to July 6 for the 3 on 3 scrimmage, want to see DeAngelos wheels. See you there!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,778
Default

We could have had Fabbri or Scherbak AND Barbashev. Makes what we got a little difficult to swallow. DeAngelo, character aside, can't play D worth a damn, btw.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2018-2019: 45
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Sean's Avatar
Sean Sean is offline
Steve Downie's Kisses
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Russellville, AR
Posts: 1,174
Send a message via AIM to Sean
Default

Gotta wonder what Murray and Yzerman don't like about Barbashev. Had two opportunities to get him. That's robbery for a pick in the 30's.

I trust Yzerman when it comes to character so I'm willing to put a fresh pair of eyes on DeAngelo when it comes to that. I'm just wondering how many offensive dmen we really need before we end up with some legit shutdown guys.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:51 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
We could have had Fabbri or Scherbak AND Barbashev. Makes what we got a little difficult to swallow. DeAngelo, character aside, can't play D worth a damn, btw.
Not a single draft I've went to sleep feeling happy. Despite popular opinion it isn't like Yzerman has given us a ton to be faithful about in our 1st round picks.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Derek28 Derek28 is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,983
Default

I'm wondering if the guy they had at #28 is someone they have a good feeling will still be at #35. If we somehow managed to get Barbashev at #35 and Hunter Smith at #57 I wouldn't care what happened the rest of the draft.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Goboltz56 Goboltz56 is offline
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Not a single draft I've went to sleep feeling happy. Despite popular opinion it isn't like Yzerman has given us a ton to be faithful about in our 1st round picks.
You were unhappy with Drouin and Vasilevski?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Sean's Avatar
Sean Sean is offline
Steve Downie's Kisses
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Russellville, AR
Posts: 1,174
Send a message via AIM to Sean
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
I'm wondering if the guy they had at #28 is someone they have a good feeling will still be at #35. If we somehow managed to get Barbashev at #35 and Hunter Smith at #57 I wouldn't care what happened the rest of the draft.
There is (imo, of course) not a single chance on this glorious earth that he makes it past two picks in the second, and I highly doubt he'll make it past the first. Not even a slight chance.

Even if by some miracle he makes it to #35, I don't think they'd draft him.You don't trade out of the opportunity to draft a kid you like with the kind of risk he has to not be there your next time up. Unless they view him right on par with someone else they plan on picking up. I'd just be super interested to hear their thought process on this one.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-28-2014, 01:58 AM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,666
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Gotta wonder what Murray and Yzerman don't like about Barbashev. Had two opportunities to get him. That's robbery for a pick in the 30's.

I trust Yzerman when it comes to character so I'm willing to put a fresh pair of eyes on DeAngelo when it comes to that. I'm just wondering how many offensive dmen we really need before we end up with some legit shutdown guys.
Plenty of shutdown guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-28-2014, 02:00 AM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,666
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
I'm wondering if the guy they had at #28 is someone they have a good feeling will still be at #35. If we somehow managed to get Barbashev at #35 and Hunter Smith at #57 I wouldn't care what happened the rest of the draft.
You do know that Smith can't skate worth a damn, right? Let's not pick Smith at #57, ok?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.