BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 06-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I do believe that when that #19 pick fell to us SY knew he got what he needed in the best defenseman and that he could trade the #28 now to the Island as forwards were all about the same at this point.

In all, I am happy and looking forward to next week.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Fascinating

Fascinating day and tomorrow should be fun. Looking forward to July 6 for the 3 on 3 scrimmage, want to see DeAngelos wheels. See you there!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 PM
BP Staff

We could have had Fabbri or Scherbak AND Barbashev. Makes what we got a little difficult to swallow. DeAngelo, character aside, can't play D worth a damn, btw.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Send a message via AIM to Sean

Gotta wonder what Murray and Yzerman don't like about Barbashev. Had two opportunities to get him. That's robbery for a pick in the 30's.

I trust Yzerman when it comes to character so I'm willing to put a fresh pair of eyes on DeAngelo when it comes to that. I'm just wondering how many offensive dmen we really need before we end up with some legit shutdown guys.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
We could have had Fabbri or Scherbak AND Barbashev. Makes what we got a little difficult to swallow. DeAngelo, character aside, can't play D worth a damn, btw.
Not a single draft I've went to sleep feeling happy. Despite popular opinion it isn't like Yzerman has given us a ton to be faithful about in our 1st round picks.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I'm wondering if the guy they had at #28 is someone they have a good feeling will still be at #35. If we somehow managed to get Barbashev at #35 and Hunter Smith at #57 I wouldn't care what happened the rest of the draft.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Not a single draft I've went to sleep feeling happy. Despite popular opinion it isn't like Yzerman has given us a ton to be faithful about in our 1st round picks.
You were unhappy with Drouin and Vasilevski?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Send a message via AIM to Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
I'm wondering if the guy they had at #28 is someone they have a good feeling will still be at #35. If we somehow managed to get Barbashev at #35 and Hunter Smith at #57 I wouldn't care what happened the rest of the draft.
There is (imo, of course) not a single chance on this glorious earth that he makes it past two picks in the second, and I highly doubt he'll make it past the first. Not even a slight chance.

Even if by some miracle he makes it to #35, I don't think they'd draft him.You don't trade out of the opportunity to draft a kid you like with the kind of risk he has to not be there your next time up. Unless they view him right on par with someone else they plan on picking up. I'd just be super interested to hear their thought process on this one.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:58 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Gotta wonder what Murray and Yzerman don't like about Barbashev. Had two opportunities to get him. That's robbery for a pick in the 30's.

I trust Yzerman when it comes to character so I'm willing to put a fresh pair of eyes on DeAngelo when it comes to that. I'm just wondering how many offensive dmen we really need before we end up with some legit shutdown guys.
Plenty of shutdown guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:00 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
You do know that Smith can't skate worth a damn, right? Let's not pick Smith at #57, ok?