BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-02-2018, 12:55 AM
Cooper's Law

Cory Freakin Conacher! We won the Bishop trade twice!! What amazing presence of mind, not to mention eye-hand coordination, to get the blade on that puck.

Did anyone else notice that dirty S.O.B. Jamie Benn knee Conacher in the head after tripping him AND then piling on top of the kid in frustration when he realized he gave up the GWG? I wish the league would take a look at that bullshit, but the boys in Toronto are too busy stumblefucking the goaltender interference rules.

Erlendsson called this a scheduled loss a coupla days ago. He also thought the Bolts would "be on an emotional high and roll the Sabres." Ha! Stick to reporting and stay out of the predictions business, EE!

On the negative side, we've got blueline problems that I'm not sure McDonagh can solve by himself (although I am super excited to see an upgrade back there after watching this bunch for so long). Stralman made some bad mistakes. Dallas tilted the ice a ton, especially in the last period. Blame the back to back if you want, but I've yet to see the Lightning close out games or even limit shots and chances with any consistency. These are major festering sores that desperately need a salve.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I don't think you can say that Conacher intentionally batted that puck into the net off of Bishop's head. I think that was pure luck.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:28 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Did anyone else notice that dirty S.O.B. Jamie Benn knee Conacher in the head after tripping him AND then piling on top of the kid in frustration when he realized he gave up the GWG?
Not sure that was worse than Roussel taking Hedman into the boards like five seconds after the whistle, with nothing more than a mild talking-to.

Quote:
On the negative side, we've got blueline problems that I'm not sure McDonagh can solve by himself (although I am super excited to see an upgrade back there after watching this bunch for so long). Stralman made some bad mistakes. Dallas tilted the ice a ton, especially in the last period. Blame the back to back if you want, but I've yet to see the Lightning close out games or even limit shots and chances with any consistency. These are major festering sores that desperately need a salve.
They got absolutely owned below the goal line. Two Dallas goals came from defensemen fumbling around like they had T-Rex arms and getting muscled off the puck.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:27 AM

One more thing: the Stars play Enya when the crowd gets surly.

https://instagram.com/p/BfzrUZeA96W/
Old 03-02-2018, 06:58 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Anyone notice the camera angle? I haven’t noticed it in games passed but it’s distracting. 1/4 of the screen is 1st level point of view that is fully blocked when they score a goal. :/

It’s funny; who though in years past that reading coma her beats Bishop in OT would be bring bolts fans enjoyment. Yzerman wins again.

Quote:
Steven Stamkos on play continuing despite clock malfunction: "It makes absolutely no sense to me. If there’s a clock malfunction it should be blown dead immediately when they figure it out. That’s just player safety 101 - in my opinion, anyway." #tblightning
He’s 100% right. Imagine if one of our players got hurt within that 6 seconds of technically being out of time? How is their not a rule for that? The refs just botched this game up and down. The conachrt “hold” was softer than soft serve ice cream. He later gets elbowed at the point, Hedman getting carried into the boards after play, the goalie interference, time on the clock? Take your pick; they blew a couple trips by our defensemen against Dallas as well. Goalie interference is a coin toss so I expect that. Do the refs only get grades after playoff series?

Last edited by Scobo_24; 03-02-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:05 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Conacher is the most talented hockey player ever if intentionally tipped that puck with one hand on his stick, off balanced, with his face looking downward.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:24 AM
Captain Poke Check

Two things.

1) The Conacher goal was half luck half intentional. IMO, he intentionally shoved his stick up there to hit the puck, but it was just pure hope from his part that he got the puck. You know I'll throw my stick up and hope it hits something.

2) And as for the goalie interference just remove the rule from the books. If you no one can tell you what it is and the calls are that inconsistent then just remove the rule and let goalies get checked even in the crease like any other player.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Even Chief said why do they bother painting the ice blue in the goalie crease, since it doesn't matter anymore in trying to protect the goalies...

I was impressed with the speed of Cireli. A goal and an assist in his first NHL game is impressive. Kinda like a left handed Brayden Point in terms of speed.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

http://www.star-telegram.com/latest-...ckey%20(3).JPG

Fantastic picture from last night showing Conacher deflecting the puck.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:26 PM

Someone sitting right behind the net (near that kind of irritating guy with the #BANG sign) got video of the Conacher goal.

https://instagram.com/p/Bfzq6LvDeys/