BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Might be moping over his buddy Vlad being gone.
Lol I guess we need to sign Kovalchuck in the off season. #keepKucherovhappy
Old 03-08-2018, 10:11 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxf9 View Post
Canít agree with all the negativity. Lightning have continued to win consistently against teams fighting to make playoffs and on the road. They have no desperation and still winning. No comparison between regular season and SC playoff games and everyone on this site knows that. What have we heard every year... a hot goalie can win a team the SC and I would argue the Lightning have the goalie most likely to be the hot goalie. Playoff experience invaluable and Lightning have lots of that. Teams have to win on the road in unfriendly environment and Lightning are definitely getting that done. Do Lightning have holes...absolutely, like most teams. Every team has a need. Do Lightning have suspect D....no question, have they dealt with it... yes. Do we really know what lineup plans Lightning will have for playoff run...no. Letís see how everything unfolds but Iíll put it on the board now... would not bet against them!
Glass half full...and no prob with that, Question is, can they ďflip the switchĒ and play a shut down, DESPERATE 200í game? Theyíve certainly shown they can when down or in the final period. I do think that MCDís gearing up and particularly Palat, will up the on ice intensity. I also have seen more flashes of the playoff 17 we have seen in the past. And I do have hard $$ on them!!
Old 03-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Hereís the issue. The team isnít stupid. They know they are 8 points away from making the playoffs. They know they are an elite team. They know that they are nearing the end of a long season. They are playing out the string and are ready for the playoffs. They had lapped the field and arenít running full speed.

Itís just human nature. They will be ready when the playoffs begin.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Hereís the issue. The team isnít stupid. They know they are 8 points away from making the playoffs. They know they are an elite team. They know that they are nearing the end of a long season. They are playing out the string and are ready for the playoffs. They had lapped the field and arenít running full speed.

It is not unusual for the top teams to take it easy when they know they are in the play offs. That is why we see teams "turn it up a notch" when the play off puck drops.

Do I get upset when they "coast", yes. But I hate seeing them lose. I also understand that they have an opportunity to rest and go into the play offs with a team 100% healthy.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post

It is not unusual for the top teams to take it easy when they know they are in the play offs. That is why we see teams "turn it up a notch" when the play off puck drops.

Do I get upset when they "coast", yes. But I hate seeing them lose. I also understand that they have an opportunity to rest and go into the play offs with a team 100% healthy.
They need to be good teammates and stop leaving Vasi out to dry
Old 03-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post

Maybe this is the case but it seems to have been happening for awhile now...
Old 03-08-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post

May explain why President's Cup teams get run early. They quit playing hard and can't get it going again.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Cooper's Law

Yes, that's fair to point out the history here. Donnie might look like quite the Pollyana next month. We shall see.