BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
The fans are scared crapless of drafting a Russian with a high pick. Perhaps that's one reason TSN had them taking Murray. But consider that Columbus is actually fairly set on the blue line for the near future -- Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski are legitimate top guys, and there's some good players in the pipeline too. On the other hand, you're heading into an off-season in which your franchise leading scorer is about to get traded. I think offense has to be the biggest need. Is that worth the risk (and hard feelings) of drafting a Russian?

Or, does this increase the likelyhood of the pick being dealt?

I say trade the pick to Edmonton for RNH and let them go Russian with #1 and #2 .
Methot and the #2 for the #1? Then take either Nail or Murray.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Cooper's Law

Default The hockey writers

The hockey writers mock is out, they have us taking Faksa at 10, then Matt Finn at 27, in the second, Vasilevski, Sverson and Zharkov, plus getting thevturds pick and taking Hudon. Interesting choices, I like Ebert with our first in the second round though.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM
WaiverWire

I say we take Cory Schneider
Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I say we take Cory Schneider
I think it all depends how Lou does in the playoffs. If he falters, I can see him being the one that's available.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Understand

I understand WW, but I think it will take our #10 plus to get him and that presupposes they will trade him. CBJ needs a #1tender, what if they offer Nash?plus if they crap out in the playoffs it is more likely they try and dump Lu.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
I understand WW, but I think it will take our #10 plus to get him and that presupposes they will trade him. CBJ needs a #1tender, what if they offer Nash?plus if they crap out in the playoffs it is more likely they try and dump Lu.
Oh I know that. I'm just saying our #1 will go towards a goalie, in other words a trade.

Astro, who would take his contract? And remember he has a no trade contract.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post

Astro, who would take his contract? And remember he has a no trade contract.
If Gomez can find someone to take him, then Luongo should have no problem.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Crispy's Notepad

Default what do we have to give up to get in position

to take Dumba? gotta get to #5? if so, then how much can we give up to please Burke enough to trade? Dumba is the kid with the attitude, skill and energy needed for the near future on our dline. Assuming we can find a G in free agency who is serviceable. I don't expect a franchise G this summer, will come later just targeting a guy who will have a decent save pct and keep a lead in the third when we have it.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Send a message via AIM to Sean

I for one will have a seriously hard time supporting this team with another bandaid in net. I don't want "serviceable". We need the answer. We've gone for bargain fixes and guys who can have a decent sv%. Didn't work. We need the long term solution.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
I think it all depends how Lou does in the playoffs. If he falters, I can see him being the one that's available.
Besides his no-trade and big contract, the problem for Nucks is if Lou falters and they bow out early, who will trade for that contract? On the other hand is if he leads them deep and/or to the cup, can they trade their cup winning goaltender? Either way, Lou's contract is too big and too long that I just don't see anyone trading for him.

As for Schneider, everyone keeps mentioning Toronto but I'm not sold that Burke would deal the assets for him. Reimer is only 22 and I think Burke wants a more veteran presence to pair with Reimer. Besides, we know he has a man crush on Nash or any other forward over 6' and they only have so many assets that are worth a $hit regardless of what the idiots in Toronto feel their "prospects" are worth