BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

ROFL Brewer.. "Time for a Powerball ticket!"
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Cooper's Law

OK, how in the F did Crombeen get 3 minors for... getting tackled?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Right

Right on Hoek! maybe next time. Great 3rd period, love seeing flyer fan with their heads between their knees wiping their tears. Lindback looked very poised and sharp throughout the game except for the softie, after that he looked very good.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
OK, how in the F did Crombeen get 3 minors for... getting tackled?
The first penalty was on him anyway, for holding. Then I think he got one for bumping up Giroux behind the play, and then a third penalty for his extracurriculars with Simmonds.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
XO Sniper

What a complete game by Hedman tonight. I thought this was his best game defensively of the season - blocking shots, getting the puck out of our zone all night, skating it out and leading the rush, even playing physically at times. And he's starting to look comfortable on the power play as well. The play resulting in his goal epitomized his night, turning defense into offense.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 PM

This game impressed me more than all of the previous games. Not because they played 60 minutes, but because they played sound, fundamentally smart hockey through out defensively.

Maybe Philidelphia would have looked a bit more dangerous if both teams were equally rested, but they looked very benign. Offensively, it looks like we are going to be able to power through just about any team.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

I'll play devils advocate.

Good game by the Lightning, but I think it would have been different if it hadn't been the Flyers 4th game in 6 nights, and second of a back to back.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Might have been a couple of goals closer, but the Flyers really haven't shown anything special yet beyond catching Florida on a bad night of their own, and we just own them lately.

Definitely wouldn't read too much into tonight though. Next game's a trap!

Last edited by Hoek; 01-27-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Cooper's Law

- They have been consistently (more or less, this is the NHL after all) calling the instigator when a guy immediately attacks an opponent who just engaged with a teammate of the first guy. Vinny had just engaged with one of Shenn's mates, I forget whom, and that's when Shenn went and challenged Vinny. Just because Lecavalier accepted doesn't mean it shouldn't have been called an instigator--if you're going for consistency, and if you don't think the instigator foul is the biggest pile of steaming camel crap ever dumped on the ice (apart from Donald Brashear)

- Need to stop calling it a Gordie Howe hat trick. Howe only did it twice (in a 26-yr career), while Stan Mikita did it 67 times*. Stan the Man owns this one, Gordie's got enough actual accolades to last several lifetimes. Instant reality check: unfortunately "Stan Mikita hat trick" doesn't have the same ring to it, so this suggestion from me will likely go the way of dumping the instigator penalty, dumping the shootout for the wildly more exciting 3-on-3 sudden victory OT, dumping the delay-of-game penalty assessed for flipping the puck over the glass, and dumping the mindless, ridiculously dangerous breakneck race for icing touch-ups.

- Here's another one they should adopt yesterday: Scramble in front of net - ref loses sight of puck - blows whistle - puck is in net - ref calls no goal. They should be able to immediately go upstairs, view the video and get the message: "Yeah, you lost sight of the puck because it squirted right through the pads into the net. Never was covered. Good goal." Simple. Which is why we'll never see it. PHX got totally screwed on this yesteday in the final seconds of the 3rd...good thing they were down by more than one goal anyway, or it would have ruined the game.

Hey, what's hockey season without kvetching about the atrocious officiating and unjustifiable refusal to adopt existing technology to improve the game...
Old 01-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Tix near the ice for next game! Very excited