BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 12-19-2017, 02:19 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Pete knows this, but that's not the point. We were told that we'd be winning so much our heads would spin and that jobs would be sprouting up all over the place if Trump became POTUS. If you claim to be the economic messiah, you get to have your card pulled when shit isn't going like you said it would.
Correct. Trump’s rust belt appeal was to essentially lie to people about his ability to bring back manufacturing jobs through a mix of trade protectionism, virulent anti-immigration policies, and infrastructure spending. All of that, of course, neglected the obvious realities of a changing world, such as automation. It also ignored the obvious point that Trump’s GOP is still controlled by corporate donors who would never allow abridgment of free trade agreements and a House GOP caucus that will never ever spend on infrastructure. So, even if those were the magic silver bullets, anyone with half a brain should’ve known that Trump could only deliver 1 of the 3 planks, and even that immigration plank had practical limits (to say nothing of the moral and humanitarian costs).

Basically the lying piece of crap conned people in the rust belt, and that needs to be called out.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Complaint was filed with the FEC alleging basically the Clinton Campaign was laundering donors money via state campaign funding back to her campaign in violation of the FEC laws.

This was something Brazile talked about in her book and the group that filed the complaint says they have the proof.

Quote:
The Committee to Defend the President, a political action committee, filed its complaint with the FEC on Monday with the allegations that the Hillary Victory Fund (HVF) solicited cash from big-name donors, including Calvin Klein and “Family Guy” creator Seth MacFarlane -- money that was allegedly sent through state chapters and back to the DNC before ending up with the Clinton campaign.
Quote:
“Based on publicly available FEC records, repeatedly throughout the 2016 presidential campaign, HVF would purportedly transfer funds to its constituent political committees, which included between 34 and 40 state parties,” reads a passage from a copy of the complaint reviewed by Fox News. “On the very same day each of these transfers supposedly occurred, or occasionally the very next day, every single one of those state parties purportedly contributed all of those funds to the DNC.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...complaint.html
Old 12-19-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Correct. Trump’s rust belt appeal was to essentially lie to people about his ability to bring back manufacturing jobs through a mix of trade protectionism, virulent anti-immigration policies, and infrastructure spending. All of that, of course, neglected the obvious realities of a changing world, such as automation. It also ignored the obvious point that Trump’s GOP is still controlled by corporate donors who would never allow abridgment of free trade agreements and a House GOP caucus that will never ever spend on infrastructure. So, even if those were the magic silver bullets, anyone with half a brain should’ve known that Trump could only deliver 1 of the 3 planks, and even that immigration plank had practical limits (to say nothing of the moral and humanitarian costs).

Basically the lying piece of crap conned people in the rust belt, and that needs to be called out.

So where are the new indictments that you were saying were going to happen?
Old 12-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is why I find it supremely frustrating when Dems in D.C. try to earn "Bipartisan Kudos". Why?! Fuck the GOP. Help to get them ousted from office and get some more Dems or some rational 1990s Republicans in their place ffs.
YES

That's what so many find frustrating about the Dems, they try too hard to be nice & accommodating when the other side will NEVER give you an inch or even credit for trying to do so. It's a waste of time & weak.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:38 PM
BP Staff

You'll all recall the Virginia election of over a month ago where it appeared Democrats may have erased a 32 seat Republican majority in the House of Delegates in one night.

The closest recount just concluded and the Democrats unofficially won the last seat they needed to break the Republican majority by... 1 vote. 11,608 to 11,607 with no contested ballots remaining.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:42 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
YES

That's what so many find frustrating about the Dems, they try too hard to be nice & accommodating when the other side will NEVER give you an inch or even credit for trying to do so. It's a waste of time & weak.
They're bad faith actors. The won't even use the proper name of the Democratic Party. Think about that. Think about the immaturity and lack of respect it takes, as a party, to set out to deliberately and systematically refuse to use the proper name of the opposition party. And, yeah, I get that Frank Luntz focus tested it and focus groups find that "Democrat Party" is harder on the ears and raises the Democratic Party's unfavorables. Doesn't matter. It's infantile. It's like walking around calling another adult a nickname you know they hate just to annoy them. It's not what grown ups do. That's not a party of grown ups over there anymore.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Cooper's Law

We are taking the celebrity cruise listed below and were planning to go in the excursion referred to. Guess we will stay in port and avoid buses in the third world.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hes-in-mexico/
Old 12-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Senate passes a Tax Bill with low to mid 30s Favorability in every poll. They do so in the middle of the night.

Every American who isn't a CEO or an S-corp should be furious and fire these fucks at the earliest opportunity. This is literally oligarchy at work. We are all serfs working for the Corporate Lords.

$1.5-2.2 Trillion in new debt, to pay the wealthy and corporations, funded by an increase in taxes to folks like you and me. Big ISPs have already rolled out their pricing increases for 2018(thanks FCC).

We do not live in a Representative Democratic Republic anymore. The same people who point to looting in Ferguson as a sign of moral deficiency, just helped their Corporate masters loot the US Treasury. We just bailed these fuckers out in 2009-11. The same fuckers we already bankrolled because they were too big to fail, are flat out stealing from all of us again. When is enough actually enough?
Old 12-20-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Senate passes a Tax Bill with low to mid 30s Favorability in every poll. They do so in the middle of the night.

Every American who isn't a CEO or an S-corp should be furious and fire these fucks at the earliest opportunity. This is literally oligarchy at work. We are all serfs working for the Corporate Lords.

$1.5-2.2 Trillion in new debt, to pay the wealthy and corporations, funded by an increase in taxes to folks like you and me. Big ISPs have already rolled out their pricing increases for 2018(thanks FCC).

We do not live in a Representative Democratic Republic anymore. The same people who point to looting in Ferguson as a sign of moral deficiency, just helped their Corporate masters loot the US Treasury. We just bailed these fuckers out in 2009-11. The same fuckers we already bankrolled because they were too big to fail, are flat out stealing from all of us again. When is enough actually enough?
Don't worry, I'm sure it's best for everyone as we all know Republicans went through it with a fine tooth comb. Well, at least they went through the summaries with a fine tooth comb:

Quote:
"I've read -- I can't say every word," Duffy said about whether he had read all of the bill.

"There's parts of the bill that I can read and understand," Duffy said. "Tax code is very, very complicated. As we are dealing with international companies. On some of those more complicated parts I read summaries so I make sure I understand it. Unless you're a tax expert, some of it gets to be very deep. That's why I've chosen to deal with the legislation as I have."
These are the same people who didn't want expert testimony on the bill, correct?
Old 12-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure it's best for everyone as we all know Republicans went through it with a fine tooth comb. Well, at least they went through the summaries with a fine tooth comb:

These are the same people who didn't want expert testimony on the bill, correct?
Correct. They're all cashing out because they know they won't win the future in any elections. As their base dies off, they're woefully unpopular with anyone under the age of 40.