BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-13-2019, 05:50 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Scary thought but what if Cernak takes a step back next year?
Old 04-13-2019, 06:10 PM

Either one of two things have happened. One: Cooper has no game plan and decided to let them play his style in game 2, or he tried to make adjustments and the team is not listening. Either one is not a very good sign for moving forward.

For the life of me I do not know why they do not slow the game down and chip the puck in deep and use their speed as the BJ are trapping at center ice and carrying the puck in will not work until you can break that trap.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:24 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Scary thought but what if Cernak takes a step back next year?
I don't think he will, because I think he's athletically superior to a player like Jake Dotchin and he clearly takes conditioning more seriously and conducts himself with greater professionalism off the ice. But, yeah, it's not an unfair concern to have after they (for reasons I don't fathom) seem to have temporarily (at least) scrapped the idea of sliding Sergachev over to RHD.

I guess if I have anything that gives me pause about Cernak, it's a question of how much of this rookie boomlet is tied to the fact he has had a great pairing partner to shepherd him through this season (McDonagh).

With that said, Cal Foote is a player. We have two more good prospects ready to step up to the big club with him at RHD and Masin at LHD. But, yeah, RHD is seemingly always a going concern for this team since the second they jettisoned Dan Boyle.

Last edited by pete; 04-13-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:33 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Either one of two things have happened. One: Cooper has no game plan and decided to let them play his style in game 2, or he tried to make adjustments and the team is not listening. Either one is not a very good sign for moving forward.

For the life of me I do not know why they do not slow the game down and chip the puck in deep and use their speed as the BJ are trapping at center ice and carrying the puck in will not work until you can break that trap.
Arrogance and fear. The lineup didn't change because of arrogance and whatever tactical changes were made failed because despite all of the players' empty rhetoric about falling back on their experience and playing hard for 60 minutes, once Vasiy gave up the initial softie they completely shrunk in the moment. Before the Brayden Point fight, Columbus was outchancing Tampa Bay by about a 7-0 margin. That's such an indictment on everyone associated with the club it's not funny. And, I thought Point's fight really snapped them out of the trance, but then Killorn takes that idiotic penalty early in the Second Period and Columbus converts and the Lightning went right back in the toilet.

A chip and charge game only works if you're willing to pay the price to fight through the interference and take a bump to make a play along the wall and/or go to the high traffic areas in front of the net once you do. They HAVE NOT to this point shown a willingness to pay the price. None. And that's a form of arrogance, too. Nothing is handed to a team at this time of year without a penance being extracted. And, it's beyond crazy to me these guys, after a half a decade of deep playoff runs, either don't seem to understand that or just aren't willing to pay a price anymore.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:11 PM

Not to start further panic, but......

Folks who watched the team leave said that they didn’t see Hedman board the plane for Columbus. I didn’t post their comments because I didn’t see anything from the team.

But now the team has posted an earlier press conference where Cooper said after practice this morning before they left that Hedman got a little banged up last night and that they are hopeful that he can play tomorrow.

I wonder if the team decided after practice ended that he is out but haven’t announced it yet.
“You don’t even have to commit a crime, to lose your job in this constitutional republic. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.” Lindsey Graham

Last edited by Donnie D; 04-13-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Barnacles Shout Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Perhaps you would be happier supporting your Detroit team.

It’s one thing to be disappointed, we all are. It’s another to be critical. But the level of goofy that I am reading on Bolt boards is beyond amazing.

Trade the league MVP for not scoring in 2 games
Fire Cooper
Fire JBB
Fire Yzerman (huh)
Bench a .8 point a game playoff scorer because we lost 2 games
Bench Erne for Callahan
Bring up the entire Crunch team
And now...replace a Vezina trophy candidate with Louis Domingue!!!

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech