BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:30 AM
The Bulin Wall

Default more than you ever want to know about Dynamo Moscow

https://conwaysrussianhockey.wordpre...dynamo-moscow/

Ugly pub ahead of World Cup has to have the government interest. It will work it's way out no matter how ludicrous it now is...
Old 06-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Nick Foligno won both the King Clancy and Mark Messier Leadership awards.

Travis Hamonic won the NHL Foundation award.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Cooper's Law

Default uniform

The New uniforms are the same blue color with the logo in the middle yuck.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:10 PM

No laces.

Still Toronto blue unfortunately.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
The New uniforms are the same blue color with the logo in the middle yuck.
The laces have been removed and the logo is 47% lighter due to a new material making the overall weight 19% longer.

It is also the material is much stronger than the last jersey.

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/fans/a...CampaignId=557
Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Cooper's Law

I don't like laces, good.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:53 AM

So confirming what Zo put in the Expansion Draft thread, Marian Hossa is out for next season. He has a skin condition that is getting worse and I guess he needs agressive meds that will keep him from being able to play next season. Guy was one of my favorite non-Lightning players. He was/is SO good, and everything I have heard is he is just an incredible person. Wish him nothing but the best.

That said, this is a HUGE blow to Chicago. They may be in some trouble next season.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:35 AM

They are going to put him on long term injured reserve and get all his cap space freed up.

Once again the Blackhawks have gamed the system. They were able to count a lower cap hit on Hossa during their cup runs and now evade the claw back penalty that they would have had to pay in the last 4 years of the contract. And by putting him on the injured list, they will be able to use the full amount of the penalty, instead of just his salary, to acquire additional players.

Smart or devious? Remember, one of the huge reasons they won their last cup was because they were able to use Kane's cap space when he was injured to add a whole host of players only to have Kane miraculously heal between the end of the season and the playoffs. It's a miracle!!!

The Devils push the system, they lose a #1 (later returned). The Blackhawks game the system, they are awarded the Cup.

It's why the NHL will always be a niche sport.

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-21-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
They are going to put him on long term injured reserve and get all that cap space.
That will help some cap situation, but they need to replace his defense and offensive production, which is going to be a lot harder.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:57 PM

Only once have I ever sat second row off the ice at an NHL game -- a Columbus game against Detroit. From that close up, players make an impact on you with their size, speed, skill -- no one caught my eye more than Hossa. What a force. Sucks to have to end a career this way.

(much less sympathy for the Blackhawks and the situation it creates)

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/...sa/c-290029810
Quote:
Statement from Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa:

Over the course of the last few years, under the supervision of the Blackhawks medical staff, I have been privately undergoing treatment for a progressive skin disorder and the side effects of the medications involved to treat the disorder. Due to the severe side effects associated with those medications, playing hockey is not possible for me during the upcoming 2017-18 season. While I am disappointed that I will not be able to play, I have to consider the severity of my condition and how the treatments have impacted my life both on and off the ice.

The Chicago Blackhawks organization, including Rocky Wirtz, John McDonough and Stan Bowman, and my agent, Ritch Winter, have been very supportive throughout this entire process. I would also like to thank my teammates and the amazing Blackhawks fans for their understanding. With respect to the privacy of my family, I will not be commenting any further on my health.

Statement from Chicago Blackhawks Senior Vice President and General Manager Stan Bowman:

The Chicago Blackhawks are in full support of Marian Hossa as he addresses his medical issues. This is extremely difficult for us because we all know the incredible person and player that Marian Hossa is - competitive, loyal and humble. He has played a major role in the success our franchise has experienced in recent years, which makes his departure from our lineup a significant loss. His teammates and coaches know he battled through some very tough physical difficulties but never complained or missed games despite the challenges he faced. The organization will continue to provide him every resource he needs to maintain his health.

Statement from Chicago Blackhawks Team Physician Dr. Michael Terry:

Marian has been dealing with the effects of a progressive skin disorder that is becoming more and more difficult to treat and control with conventional medications while he plays hockey. Because of the dramatic nature of the medications required and their decreasing effectiveness, we strongly support his decision not to play during the 2017-18 season. We feel in the most certain terms this is the appropriate approach for Marian in order to keep him functional and healthy in the short term and throughout his life.
Closed Thread