BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 06-17-2017, 05:33 PM
BP Staff

Republican consultant Rick Wilson, who is probably more credible than Claude Taylor, did Tweet a blurb last night that Steve Bannon is evidently sweating that the investigations in Congress are turning to Trump digital communications guru Parscale.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/politi...inkId=38797216

Parscale worked under Bannon and Kushner and there's a whole lot of questions about how Russian bots and Trump's campaign bots so surgically microtargeted voters in swing states and districts on election day. Bannon also is part owner of a firm that specializes in social media microtargeting. Annnd, there's the matter of DNC voter file data hacked by the Russians and the attempted hacking of the voter data in 39 states by the Russians.

Put 2 and 2 together.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Cooper's Law

Relevant:

From Nov. 2016
Exclusive Interview: How Jared Kushner Won Trump The White House
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenb.../#1588099a3af6
Old 06-18-2017, 07:21 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Sad day for the US Navy and 7 American families. Rest In Peace Shipmates! This is the same class of destroyer I served on back during our Sun Sport Board days... if I was on watch I would have been thrown from my seat and injured. If I was a sleep in my rack I would be fighting to save myself and ship from the flooding that would be entering my berthing. We train constantly on damage control because one day the just routine day my become very unroutine. I still have the watch.

https://apnews.com/3f2ba8d1141544e2bd067a691d688352

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Cooper's Law

If the waiting rooms in Kennestone Hospital are an indication of voting in the special election the House election in GA, Ossoff has no chance. I'm hoping it is an unusually high disproportionate sample of rubes.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:37 AM
BP Staff

Just bear in mind how red that portion of Cobb County is. It's Newt Gingrich's old district and in Kennesaw, they actually passed a law making it illegal to NOT own a gun in 1982 that's still on the books. Ossoff was never going to play as well in those parts of the district. He's going after the college educated suburban portions of South Cobb, North Fulton, and North DeKalb. The calculus is that the Democrats can begin to turn the educated portions of the Atlanta suburbs similar to how they turned suburban Raleigh and Charlotte in North Carolina. On paper, if you run it out 10 years or so (without voter disenfranchisement shenanigans), Georgia should begin to behave like North Carolina (be a very purple 50/50 state), North Carolina should behave like Virginia (be a barely purple state leaning blue), and Virginia should be in the Democrats' reliable Northern Seaboard block of states.

My feel is Handel has started to consolidate her base in the last week (which was to be expected) but there's still not a ton of Republican enthusiasm for her (I've heard her described as "Fat Sarah Palin" by one Republican I know). The energy and motivation still is on Ossoff's side, which he'll need given how heavily red the tilt of the district is. This district was gerrymandered hard to be Republican forever. The fact we're even talking about it flipping at all is remarkable.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Cooper's Law

I can't get excited about any vote until we unhack our machines.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

After complaining about the dems doing healthcare in secret, despite all the hearings and amendments, I don't see the same outrage from the GOP on their latest healthcare plan.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
After complaining about the dems doing healthcare in secret, despite all the hearings and amendments, I don't see the same outrage from the GOP on their latest healthcare plan.
I'm not sure you can really call what the GOP is putting forward a "Healthcare Plan". It sounds much more like a tax break bill for billionaires and multi-national corporations.

Ossoff expressly against Single Payer and Tax Increases for the Wealthy. Wouldn't motivate me to go vote for him were I from GA.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post

Ossoff expressly against Single Payer and Tax Increases for the Wealthy. Wouldn't motivate me to go vote for him were I from GA.
They think he's a Maoist here.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
I'm not sure you can really call what the GOP is putting forward a "Healthcare Plan". It sounds much more like a tax break bill for billionaires and multi-national corporations.

Zeyk loves crashing and burning. If Ossoff helps the democrats get a majority down the line, you have those things.

Sometimes you just have to accept half a loaf instead of starving to death.