BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
I don't think you know what irony means.

This is behavior common for politicians and should be expected. Nothing ironic about it. Does the bust of McKay Sr. celebrate Jim Crow and White Supremacy like a statue in front of a courthouse? Probably not. If the locals want it removed and want to rename the bay, let them petition their elected officials for redress of grievances.

So I take it you are in the "yes" column" for keeping the statues of those that made a contribution to our history and you are only against a statue that deals with the confederate and their role in the war?

Hmmmm, sits on the water where he ran the blockades. It is reported that he was very vocal according to the history of Tampa about keeping his slaves.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:15 AM
BP Staff

I'm old enough to remember hearing, "My LEO friend told me Hillary is mean to the Secret Service." Did the Clintons ever cause the Secret Service to go without pay?

Headline:
Quote:
Exclusive: Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family
Quote:
The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ily/529075001/

Quote:
I also hear from multiple sources that Secret Service agents are at the end of their rope, sick of being treated like servants by Trump.
https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...16421113733124

Quote:
Specifically, I've been told Trump doesn't respect their hours & shifts, and expects agents to fetch things for him. Both damaging morale.
https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...22220909101061

You might also be shocked SHOCKED to hear the Clintons' supposed poor treatment of the Secret Service may have been exaggerated by others here.

Quote:
Source: "Clinton treated USSS agents like friends. Bush treated them w great respect. Obama, like family. Trump treats them like servants."
https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...28508544151552

This reaction ought to be one for the ages folks. Popcorn time indeed!

Old 08-21-2017, 12:02 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
So I take it you are in the "yes" column" for keeping the statues of those that made a contribution to our history and you are only against a statue that deals with the confederate and their role in the war?

Hmmmm, sits on the water where he ran the blockades. It is reported that he was very vocal according to the history of Tampa about keeping his slaves.
Oh was this your cute "Whatabout them statues!?!" ruse? I fell for it! You got me you brilliant cheeky bastard.

I'm fine with Civil War monuments. Just make sure that they are ones where Lee is surrendering in shame. Maybe one where the confederate flag is burning and a people is being helped up out of bondage. Perhaps show Stonewall Jackson dying of pneumonia. Maybe Bedford Forrest dying underneath the remnants of a flaming cross as freed slaves push it over?

Why are there no Nazi statues in Germany? Maybe we should erect some in NYC near some synagogues? We can make them glorious and make the figures look heroic and righteous!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I'm old enough to remember hearing, "My LEO friend told me Hillary is mean to the Secret Service." Did the Clintons ever cause the Secret Service to go without pay?

Headline:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ily/529075001/

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...16421113733124

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...22220909101061

You might also be shocked SHOCKED to hear the Clintons' supposed poor treatment of the Secret Service may have been exaggerated by others here.

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...28508544151552

This reaction ought to be one for the ages folks. Popcorn time indeed!

I am more than willing to take the word of a few agents that I had worked with who were sent to Tampa as there last assignment before they retired and came directly from the White House.

I am also not going to take the word of Christina Wilkie over my wife's uncle who was a secret service agent and driver for several presidents.

I am also going to take the word of a co-worker who retired from the Secret Service and came back to Tampa and worked at HCSO and remained close to the agents still in Washington. This person was in charge of the electronics inside the White House and thus was at ground zero.

As for the money problems. Congress needs to appropriate more money. But at the same time remember that they are near the end of a budget year and funding always becomes tight. I know many agencies that cut overtime staffing for this very reason.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I am more than willing to take the word of a few agents that I had worked with who were sent to Tampa as there last assignment before they retired and came directly from the White House.

I am also not going to take the word of Christina Wilkie over my wife's uncle who was a secret service agent and driver for several presidents.

I am also going to take the word of a co-worker who retired from the Secret Service and came back to Tampa and worked at HCSO and remained close to the agents still in Washington. This person was in charge of the electronics inside the White House and thus was at ground zero.

As for the money problems. Congress needs to appropriate more money. But at the same time remember that they are near the end of a budget year and funding always becomes tight. I know many agencies that cut overtime staffing for this very reason.
Let's see here if I can play the WaiverWire Straw-man game.

So you're ok with them cutting protection from the President of the United States? So you would be ok with someone assassinating a sitting POTUS?! You're a bad person!

As for your bullshit belief in personal anecdotes rather than sourced reporting, it's just another indication that you're a willfully dumb person. Having to have something affect you personally or be relayed to you personally before you lend it credence is stupid as fuck.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:31 PM

Trump's initial response to being asked about the collision between the John McCain and a merchant vessel in Singapore, "That's too bad."

10 soldiers missing but, "That's too bad."

What a fucking disgrace.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:

As for your bullshit belief in personal anecdotes rather than sourced reporting, it's just another indication that you're a willfully dumb person. Having to have something affect you personally or be relayed to you personally before you lend it credence is stupid as fuck.
No shit. I have several long time friends that rely strictly on anecdotal evidence. I change the subject or ignore them.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:15 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Let's see here if I can play the WaiverWire Straw-man game.

So you're ok with them cutting protection from the President of the United States? So you would be ok with someone assassinating a sitting POTUS?! You're a bad person!

As if his LEO friends and family members don't share his same extreme political beliefs... which invariably taints their opinions as much as his.

And no, the amount Trump is spending on travel, security, etc. isn't normal. 100 days in I read he was on pace to blow through in six months what Obama's Administration spent in two years, and he's only increased his amount of vacation time once we hit the summer. No US President has worked less or frittered away the taxpayers' dollars more than Trump... and evidently he's treated the Secret Service like shit in the process.

Last edited by pete; 08-21-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
As if his LEO friends and family members don't share his same extreme political beliefs... which invariably taints their opinions as much as his.

And no, the amount Trump is spending on travel, security, etc. isn't normal. 100 days in I read he was on pace to blow through in six months what Obama's Administration spent in two years, and he's only increased his amount of vacation time once we hit the summer. No US President has worked less or frittered away the taxpayers' dollars more than Trump... and evidently he's treated the Sexret Service like shit in the process.
Kind of a funny typo given some of the scandals.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:25 PM
BP Staff

Always dicey responding to posts on the iPhone with the little keyboard.