BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4271  
Old 09-28-2016, 08:47 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Great post. Here's one simple little addendum: His disproven audit excuse is only good for THIS year's return anyway. He's free to release any and all previous years' returns. But we all know he won't. Hillary said it perfectly: He's hiding something, and it's so embarrassing or terrible or both that it's worth all of this bad press.
Possibly not so. When I received my first notice it was 3 years after the fact. My last notice was for 2014, and I would be shocked if I was not sent a letter for 2015 stating I under paid.

Problem is that he has not even told us what years they are looking at.


Look, I remember the days when your drivers license number was your social security number. The courts ruled that number was confidential and could only be used by Social Security and the reporting of your taxes.

Your taxes are protected by law. They should be even more so with the todays cyber crime rate. When taxes were first released we did not have the internet where someone could post your taxes for all to see, including those that have an ulterior motive......like steal your identity or your bank accounts. Your tax returns can provide a criminal with more details than you want out there.

To combat this I think that Congress should draw up a form that provides most of the information we would like to know, such as total amount of income, taxes paid, tax rate and contributions. It would then be required by law that the forms be filled out, and filled out properly before anyone is allowed to enter a race........any race.

I know you are not running for any office, but would you feel comfortable with your taxes posted on the internet for all to see knowing that some of the most vital information a white collar criminal is looking for is within your return?
Reply With Quote
  #4272  
Old 09-28-2016, 10:00 AM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 4,423
Default

Two things – one for everyone and one for waiver ...

1. I don't know why, but I'm gonna take him at his word that he's not voting in the presidential election, despite repeatedly defending and condoning and dancing around excuses for a P. O. S. like Trump.

2. Waiver, do you understand what false equivalence is? It means you cannot just ignore that someone is running for president. THAT is exactly what makes him different than you and me. Yes, you can craft an ideological argument about taxes in which you "take the wealth out," but this is a different argument. A guy simply cannot run for office to serve constituents and complain about things like infrastructure while at the same time contributing NOTHING to that community which needs money for things like infrastructure. OK?

And similarly, the level of privacy for my personal tax returns is not at all relevant since I am NOT. RUNNING. FOR. OFFICE.
Reply With Quote
  #4273  
Old 09-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Possibly not so. When I received my first notice it was 3 years after the fact. My last notice was for 2014, and I would be shocked if I was not sent a letter for 2015 stating I under paid.

Problem is that he has not even told us what years they are looking at.


Look, I remember the days when your drivers license number was your social security number. The courts ruled that number was confidential and could only be used by Social Security and the reporting of your taxes.

Your taxes are protected by law. They should be even more so with the todays cyber crime rate. When taxes were first released we did not have the internet where someone could post your taxes for all to see, including those that have an ulterior motive......like steal your identity or your bank accounts. Your tax returns can provide a criminal with more details than you want out there.

To combat this I think that Congress should draw up a form that provides most of the information we would like to know, such as total amount of income, taxes paid, tax rate and contributions. It would then be required by law that the forms be filled out, and filled out properly before anyone is allowed to enter a race........any race.

I know you are not running for any office, but would you feel comfortable with your taxes posted on the internet for all to see knowing that some of the most vital information a white collar criminal is looking for is within your return?
Never bother looking but aren't the SS#s redacted on the returns of politicians?
Reply With Quote
  #4274  
Old 09-28-2016, 10:40 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Never bother looking but aren't the SS#s redacted on the returns of politicians?
I am sure they are as I have not looked either. But there is a ton of personal information that I do not think is.

For those that have huge filings there is a trove of things that some would love to get their hands on.
Reply With Quote
  #4275  
Old 09-28-2016, 10:45 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 6,441
Default

If you want to see what is released:

https://m.hrc.onl/secretary/10-docum...ature_Page.pdf

Once again, no reason for him not to unless there are some major issues there (i.e., he doesn't have nearly the money he claims.
Reply With Quote
  #4276  
Old 09-28-2016, 10:49 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Two things one for everyone and one for waiver ...

1. I don't know why, but I'm gonna take him at his word that he's not voting in the presidential election, despite repeatedly defending and condoning and dancing around excuses for a P. O. S. like Trump.

2. Waiver, do you understand what false equivalence is? It means you cannot just ignore that someone is running for president. THAT is exactly what makes him different than you and me. Yes, you can craft an ideological argument about taxes in which you "take the wealth out," but this is a different argument. A guy simply cannot run for office to serve constituents and complain about things like infrastructure while at the same time contributing NOTHING to that community which needs money for things like infrastructure. OK?

And similarly, the level of privacy for my personal tax returns is not at all relevant since I am NOT. RUNNING. FOR. OFFICE.

#1.....wow, someone wants to take me for my word. Thank you.

I thought he was a joke in the primaries and still see him as a joke.

#2.....do you really think that HRC is the right answer for us now? I sure do not, just like I strongly feel Trump is not.

I get blasted every Tuesday at a retirement lunch in which a group of retired detectives gather as friends. I get blasted every Tuesday for my stance on both, but mainly Trump. I hear over and over how they do not like him but they want to keep the SCOTUS as it was. I am sure that there are also those voting for HRC only because of this one very important issue. That is great as both sides should be heard.

Lucky for me I do not see how she can lose this election, thus I am going into to it thinking my vote doesn't matter.

Make no mistake about it, I will vote.......but I do not see myself voting for president.

The right should be ashamed that they allowed Trump to win, but the left should also be ashamed that they could not find a better candidate.
Reply With Quote
  #4277  
Old 09-28-2016, 10:55 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
If you want to see what is released:

https://m.hrc.onl/secretary/10-docum...ature_Page.pdf

Once again, no reason for him not to unless there are some major issues there (i.e., he doesn't have nearly the money he claims.
Write it off as just one's believes. Having worked many fraud cases I know I sure would not like my taxes to be on the internet.


There just has to be a better way to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #4278  
Old 09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,535
Default

Quote:
You do not think that Clinton, Bush or Romney try to pay as little as possible?
I need to go research the article I read so I can post the link here, but when Hillary released her returns she actually did pass up a number of potential accounting tricks in order to pay a higher effective rate and meet the Buffett Rule policy she wants to pass. You can argue that's simply for show because she is running for POTUS, but the fact is not everyone engages in the kind of cynical accounting practices you think they do.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2017-2018: 27
Reply With Quote
  #4279  
Old 09-28-2016, 04:21 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I need to go research the article I read so I can post the link here, but when Hillary released her returns she actually did pass up a number of potential accounting tricks in order to pay a higher effective rate and meet the Buffett Rule policy she wants to pass. You can argue that's simply for show because she is running for POTUS, but the fact is not everyone engages in the kind of cynical accounting practices you think they do.
Good for her. Those that can afford should kick in a little more.
Reply With Quote
  #4280  
Old 09-28-2016, 04:30 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,608
Default

Another example of why these both are unfit. Day after day they make a joke out of your system.

Seems Miss Universe threatened to kill a judge in Venezuela after she was Ms. Universe and he has gone public.

Seems her boyfriend tried to kill his brother in law as he felt the brother in law drove his sister to take her own life. the case was before this judge, who Ms. Universe threatened to kill. It was also thought that Ms. Universe was a get a way driver in the shooting of the brother in law.

Man you just can't make this stuff up.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-late-90s.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7335931.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.