BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Apparently, they're not!

She should've just admitted it, said she'd evolved and moved on.

Who isn't a corporate shill, btw?

Oy Going out of his way to NOT say Chinaman, ends up sounding worse.
Yeah. If you don't toe the line for the corporations and the establishment, you get fired. Ask Phil Donahue, Ed Shultz and Cenk Uygur at MSNBC.

Donahue was vocally against the Iraq War, shit canned.
Ed Shultz was pro-Union and wished to report on Bernie Sanders, shit canned.
Cenk was too into holding Obama accountable rather than sucking him off, so they replaced him with Al Sharpton who would never criticize Obama.

On the topic of Corporate Shills:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ronny-jackson/
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Last edited by ZeykShade; 04-25-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:33 AM

Default Mick Mulvaney, CFPB Director & Whore for Bankers

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/u....co/EZnvGik2oY

Quote:
Mick Mulvaney, the interim director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, told banking industry executives on Tuesday that they should press lawmakers hard to pursue their agenda, and revealed that, as a congressman, he would meet only with lobbyists if they had contributed to his campaign.

“We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress,” Mr. Mulvaney, a former Republican lawmaker from South Carolina, told 1,300 bankers and lending industry officials at an American Bankers Association conference in Washington. “If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

At the top of the hierarchy, he added, were his constituents. “If you came from back home and sat in my lobby, I talked to you without exception, regardless of the financial contributions,” said Mr. Mulvaney, who received nearly $63,000 from payday lenders for his congressional campaigns.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 04-25-2018, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Yeah. If you don't toe the line for the corporations and the establishment, you get fired. Ask Phil Donahue, Ed Shultz and Cenk Uygur at MSNBC.

Donahue was vocally against the Iraq War, shit canned.
Ed Shultz was pro-Union and wished to report on Bernie Sanders, shit canned.
Cenk was too into holding Obama accountable rather than sucking him off, so they replaced him with Al Sharpton who would never criticize Obama.
Sooo, you're just assuming that because she still works there, she's a corporate shill? Got it

(Off topic, but Ed Shultz is working for some Russian outfit and has gone totally off the deep end, yikes. Used to like him a lot.)

Can't get the Wash Post article up, but...

Rebecca Vallas
‏Verified account @rebeccavallas
11m11 minutes ago

🚨🚨BREAKING: HUD secretary Ben Carson announces plan to triple low-income families’ rents and take housing away from jobless workers. This is apparently his plan for “encouraging work and self-sufficiency.”
Old 04-25-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Sooo, you're just assuming that because she still works there, she's a corporate shill? Got it

(Off topic, but Ed Shultz is working for some Russian outfit and has gone totally off the deep end, yikes. Used to like him a lot.)
Ed Shultz works for RT America. If you leave it at that, it appears pretty shitty. If you actually watch his show, he's not "gone off the deep end" at all.

Maddow is absolutely a corporate shill at this point. She makes >$30k per day. Funded by the Oil Corporations who run ads during her show. She's wicked smart, could be an incredibly powerful voice for the progressives while also being journalisticaly sound. She's not. She has an agenda, it's ratings.

Now, is all of that her fault? Likely not. It's the corrupting influence of money(ratings). Does she make a conscious decision to focus almost the entirety of her show on Russia and Trump while ignoring things that are of importance as well? I doubt it. I bet the pieces that producers have researched and put together are discussed as a group and the decisions to air which ones are made with a heavy bias on what the audience finds sexy.

The fact of the matter is, Trump/Russia is important. It's in a stage that doesn't need the court of public opinion for 45minutes a night.

She's sold her credibility IMO. Doesn't mean she can't get it back.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ed Shultz works for RT America. If you leave it at that, it appears pretty shitty. If you actually watch his show, he's not "gone off the deep end" at all.
Oh, we've tried. He used to be our must watch on MSNBC, now he's in the pocket of the right wing.

Now that I'm reading the details, this is just disgusting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4aa0d81f1a2c

They're raising the max that the poorest pay from $50 to $150 a month.

Quote:
“Every year, it takes more money, millions of dollars more, to serve the same number of households,” Carson said, citing years-long waiting lists for federal housing assistance. "It's clear from a budget perspective and a human point of view that the current system is unsustainable."
Unsustainable in that more people need it than can get it? Absolutely

Quote:
HUD also seeks to eliminate deductions for medical and child-care costs when determining a tenant’s rent.

This nickle & diming of the poor to scrape up enough to give huge tax breaks to billionaires & fund more wars really burns me.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
This nickle & diming of the poor to scrape up enough to give huge tax breaks to billionaires & fund more wars really burns me.
My experience from rubbing elbows with the very well to do and having hard core Republican family members on the one side, and my experience volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters, VITA, and Habitat for Humanity on the other, is that those who complain the loudest about welfare moms and people sucking at the government teat don't have the slightest idea what they are talking about, because they wouldn't be caught dead stepping foot in economically disadvantaged areas, much less extending a hand to those who desperately need help.

When I did VITA, 100% of the people I ran into who were looking to rip off the government were middle and upper class white people. 100% of the people who got jammed with 1099s when they should have been treated like normal W-2 employees were poor african-americans that had been screwed by their, you guessed it, middle and upper class employers. Try telling a single mom who made 12K that because her shitty employer didn't pay any taxes on her behalf that not only was she not getting a tax refund (that she desperately needed), but that she was also on the hook for more than a thousand bucks in taxes. I had to do that enough times to make me absolutely enraged at "job creators".

Tripling the minimum to $150 a month doesn't sound like a lot, but when $100 is your food bill for a couple of weeks, it takes on a different color. Not being able to deduct child care expenses is just an additional screw you to people who have next to nothing.

More work to be done when this shitty administration is finally kicked to the curb. My wish is that they are forced to bite the curb first.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:43 PM

Default Privilege

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status...995904/video/1
Old 04-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

There are a lot of problems with the Housing Choice Voucher that most people know as Section 8. These changes exacerbate these problems.

The basic concept is that you pay 30% of your income for rent with the government making up the difference. The rent has to be below the “Fair Market Rent” for the area and the rent has to be comparable to the amount charged for unsubsized units.

Want to get angry, here are my biggest outrages:

If the recipient is a single parent, you count the court ordered child support as income regardless of whether the person gets it or not, unless you have exhausted all legal options to collect the money. So deadbeat dad is court ordered to pay $150 a month in child support. He doesn’t pay it. So in addition to not getting the support, her rent is increased by $45 a month as a penalty for not getting the support.

If the person works and money goes into an IRA, you have to count the interest on the IRA as income and the tenant pays 30% of that amount in rent annually even though they have no access to the money or would pay a huge penalty to get to it. Oh, and if you have a defined benefit pension, you don’t count that.

Today’s outrage. If you work (and you would have to work under the proposal), you can no longer deduct the child care costs from your income before you calculate 30% (going to 35%). And the 30% is calculated on pre tax income.

The medical change isn’t as big, because only seniors could get it and you could only deduct the amount over 3% of income.

I’m guessing that on a national scale, the savings from going to a minimum payment of $150 month will be less than the conference table. It only imacts those earning less than $500 a month and few people earn less than $500 a month. But it shows how out of touch these people are, they were willing to accept a damning headline for penny’s in savings.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:56 PM

Default Incels according to SPLC

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...o-mass-killing

I think I know a guy who fits their description. If he isn't formally one, I'd be amazed.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:31 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...o-mass-killing

I think I know a guy who fits their description. If he isn't formally one, I'd be amazed.
So to things. First, it's sad how out of their way they are going not to call this terrorism. Second, I honestly had no idea this was the motive in the uc stuff a few years back. None. I have no idea how I missed it if it was covered.