BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 07-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

If Sergachev was part of the deal it would have already been done. Ottawa is holding up any trade hoping someone will offer them more than has already been offered. Unfortunately for Ottawa they have no leverage and some of the offers may be reduced as Ottawa gets more desperate. Ottawa simply needs a new owner and rebuild. Only Detroit has an older team. If Karlsson has only Tampa Bay, Dallas and Vegas on his trade list Tampa seems the most likely choice IMO.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:05 PM
Cooper's Law

Yeah, y’all are going way too high. The speculation I read from a New York writer was that it might only take a third-round pick to get the Rangers to take Callahan.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Seems optimistic considering some of the cap dump trades that have happened.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:39 AM
Captain Poke Check

The story I have heard is that Ottawa wanted 2 of the 3 number 1 picks from last year, a roster player and some more draft picks from Vegas. To which Vegas rightfully said that they aren't interested in trading their future for one player.

The Sens are trying to fix all of their problems in one trade and everyone knows it so it just won't happen.

If I were Karlsson, I would tell Ottawa see you in September you have had your chance to trade me you haven't now I will just play out the season and go UFA next July.

Just think of the circus that would be the Senators this year if that happened.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:56 AM
Rick Dudley's Hairpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Yeah, y’all are going way too high. The speculation I read from a New York writer was that it might only take a third-round pick to get the Rangers to take Callahan.
I would be absolutely amazed by that...

Again, to me, because the Lightning are needing to open cap space to get Karlsson...it seems to me that the team providing that relief would have a lot of leverage and could and should demand more...
Old 07-18-2018, 08:07 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
If this were true, I think this trade would have already happened regardless of Karlsson. A third rounder to dump that contract and free up money whether it's for Karlsson or Point/Vassy seems like a easy call.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Len Barrie's Fiscal Cliff

The last I read (on twitter, natch) was that a deal was in place until Melnyk insisted on Bobby Ryan's contract be attached to the trade. That scuttled the deal.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Crispy's Notepad

Default it is a cap world

for everyone including the Lightning, dumping Hossa is a recent reminder of cap Hell and keeping high priced good players until someone like yotes step in. How many cap floor teams are out there esp for a limited no movement onerous contract like Cally carries. I think I disliked the Kunitz contract for last year even more, but that has passed by. Capspace is GM nirvanna and hard to balance even for SFY. Bobby Ryan on the books for a long time is pure hell in waiting. I'm ready to wait until next year to get EK and let Melnyk suffer in his own shit hole made by him. What a sucky year for the Sens is waiting.

Is EK a positive for our locker room? Damn sure the Caps were not the most talented team in the Cup hunt last year, but that bond grew and team won over all the challenges that should have knocked them out. Would we have been even more overconfident going into game 6 with EK than has been suggested that we were?? I think so and believe that when up and going us and Nashville have the overwhelming talent on roster already of anyone in the NHL.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Crispy's Notepad

Default An interesting analogy to NBA trade

Kahwai Leonard is in the most upper echelon of NBA players and had stated his intention to finish his contract and go home to LA or pressure a trade to LAKERS. He got his trade to Toronto instead. Equal value was not exchanged, but not all was lost. Dorion now has an in province parallel that should ratchet up the torque on his balls. The Athletic did a good investigative article, may be pay wall protected:

https://theathletic.com/437614/2018/...from-the-pain/

Bergevin and Pacioretty also got analyzed. Only if we had some cap space.

Given how much of our success came from cheap young players, I'm dreADING our draft emptiness and future effects.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:39 AM
Rick Dudley's Hairpiece

My overall opinion is I would Love Karlsson, but I wonder about trading Sergachev ...

How good can he end up being? Dude is 20 right? I had a short conversation with a member of the Lightning media, and he told me that this guy is going to be amazing in a couple a years...I agree and even though I dont want them to trade Foote or Sergachev, I am thinking Foote if they had to....

I would think Sergachev will be better next year after the playing time he had in his first year and an off season of being settled in his surroundings and for next season offensively, if he improved 20%...he could be a difference maker...

my only hesitations to a deal is the overall cost, how good Sergachev can be and the affect on long term cap situation....

I'm sure everyone is getting bored on this subject...so I guess we just wait and see what happens...either way, we will have something to talk about for years to come...