BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Farm

Old 03-23-2019, 09:52 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuchieMonster View Post
Why does such a successful organization have so much trouble with guys? Drouin, Deangelo and now Ingram. These guys go to other organizations and we don't hear a peep about issues.
Having thought about this a little bit more, I think I would flip your statement on its head: The Lightning are such a successful organization precisely because they don't keep problem children in the organization. Once they realized DeAngelo was DeAngelo, he was gone. Once Drouin let management know he wanted to be paid like a star, before he earned it, he was gone.

I think they are an organization that is team first, which you can see from the deals that Stamkos, Hedman, and Kucherov signed, as well as from the low turnover in the roster over the last few years. DeAngelo and Drouin are me first guys. Not team first. I think the Lightning took both for their skill, hoping that being in a strong organization could dampen their worst instincts. My hunch is that you won't see those high risk-high reward picks as much going forward.

Whether or not any of the above applies to Ingram is anyone's guess.

Last edited by dannybolt; 03-23-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:53 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I think it's a fair question about why we have wasted picks on multiple guys with locker room/coaching issues, but they certainly arent because of tampa (as has been seen in what they have done elsewhere). But I'm not going to lose my mind over it. My only worry is I expected ingram to be the cheap backup in 2 years.