BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 02-05-2017, 11:43 PM
BP Staff

That's part of it. There's about a half dozen things that had to go wrong for Atlanta to lose, and all of them did.

Basically what happened tonight was the equivalent of blowing a 3 goal Third Period lead in Game Seven of the SCF.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:57 AM
BP Staff

I don't expect sympathy from a Tampa Bay board given it's a division rival... but the City of Atlanta really needed that win and I feel ill they didn't get it.

Atlanta is still a deeply divided city with very little other than commerce that brings the city together. Everybody works together and then goes to their separate corners and separate cultures to live, play, worship, etc. The Falcons are the one thing that everyone, whether living north or south of the invisible divide that exists roughly along I-20, will invest emotion in together. Even that has been a source of contention over the years, though, when the city was really torn apart with what happened with Mike Vick.

They'd just about healed all those wounds and the Falcons had this Brotherhood messaging that was really bringing people together along a wide spectrum of racial and economic demographics. Everybody was ready for an outpouring of joy in this town they've simply never had before (baseball is an old white guy's sport, if we're being honest, so the Braves one title didn't move the needle the way a Falcons Super Bowl win could have).

And now? Some folks will blame Shanahan. Some will go after Matt Ryan. Either way, everybody will retreat to their corners to lick their wounds, and the city will be divided again.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

So I will fully admit I don't follow football at all anymore . But, I keep seeing it pop up around Facebook things like "take that goodell" or "in your face nfl." Now, I thought Brady and the pats got caught cheating again. Did the league do something to cause them to cheat or something?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Seattle game wasn't overtime, but close enough.
Thought it was the other overtime game. Shows how much I watch football.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
So I will fully admit I don't follow football at all anymore . But, I keep seeing it pop up around Facebook things like "take that goodell" or "in your face nfl." Now, I thought Brady and the pats got caught cheating again. Did the league do something to cause them to cheat or something?
I never got caught up in the details, but Pats fans are thoroughly convinced that there was zero proof of cheating in Deflategate and therefore consider what Goodell did to be an unjustified witch hunt. I think there was some scientific analysis that concluded the balls would've lost pressure just from the cold so there's no proof they were intentionally deflated. Goodell suspended Brady for destroying his phone and impeding the investigation, not cheating.

Last edited by Hoek; 02-06-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Cooper's Law

Kraft, Bill and Tom are just more proof that good guys finish last and Karma is probably a myth.

Best in the history of the sport though. Kudos.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:15 AM

In case you were watching the pregame and saw an ad with just a potato for 30 seconds, here's the hilarious explanation.

Why Our Super Bowl Ad Failed (Cards Against Humanity)
Old 02-06-2017, 11:56 AM

LOL the early run of the Boston Globe had this front page:

Old 02-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
As a relative & friend of many rabid Pats fans, I can tell you that they think Brady, Bellichick et al walk on water. No questioning or joking is allowed. They're pretty touchy about this.

One of my brothers posted something on Facebook taking a poke at Brady & several cousins came down on him like someone insulted their dear departed mothers.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
As a relative & friend of many rabid Pats fans, I can tell you that they think Brady, Bellichick et al walk on water. No questioning or joking is allowed. They're pretty touchy about this.

One of my brothers posted something on Facebook taking a poke at Brady & several cousins came down on him like someone insulted their dear departed mothers.
With a few years of success Cub fan will be no different.