BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Paul Ryan‏Verified account @SpeakerRyan 2h2 hours ago

We must be clear. White supremacy is repulsive. This bigotry is counter to all this country stands for. There can be no moral ambiguity.

Senator Thom Tillis‏Verified account @SenThomTillis 1h1 hour ago

When it comes to white supremacists & neo-nazis, there can be no equivocating: they’re propagators of hate and bigotry. Period.

Marco Rubio‏Verified account @marcorubio 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @marcorubio

The #WhiteSupremacy groups will see being assigned only 50% of blame as a win.We can not allow this old evil to be resurrected 6/6
Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
Paul Ryan‏Verified account @SpeakerRyan 2h2 hours ago

We must be clear. White supremacy is repulsive. This bigotry is counter to all this country stands for. There can be no moral ambiguity.

Senator Thom Tillis‏Verified account @SenThomTillis 1h1 hour ago

When it comes to white supremacists & neo-nazis, there can be no equivocating: they’re propagators of hate and bigotry. Period.

Marco Rubio‏Verified account @marcorubio 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @marcorubio

The #WhiteSupremacy groups will see being assigned only 50% of blame as a win.We can not allow this old evil to be resurrected 6/6
This is all bullshit until they take action. Still can't even use his name in a tweet. The GOP is all still in the car, still on the side of white supremacists and neo-Nazis.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
This is all bullshit until they take action. Still can't even use his name in a tweet. The GOP is all still in the car, still on the side of white supremacists and neo-Nazis.
Well, they can't gerrymander their way to victory entirely. They do still need their "base".
Old 08-15-2017, 09:50 PM
BP Staff

There's a few GOP elected officials who called out Trump by name today (I was surprised, too). It's a start.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:33 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Concerning recent events in Virginia
1 John 4:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
Yet you're on the team which is partially comprised of hateful bigots, racists, and misogynists. I think it's fair to say that while not all R's are white supremacists, all white supremacists are R's. Doesn't that make you complicit to some extent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Concerning some responses posted here.
John 8:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
Classic false equivalency. I am far from a saint but there's nothing I've done nor will ever do that equates to an act as hideous as running over a crowd of people you didn't agree with. Nothing I'll do will ever equate to marching down the streets with torches or riot gear while flying Nazi flags and shouting racial and anti-Semitic slogans. Nothing I'll do will ever equate to using my authority to support and embolden fascists and racists. A woman was run over and killed by a fucking Nazi in downtown USA in 2017! I'm going to throw as many fucking stones as I want to at the pieces of shit who are tearing the USA apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Holy. Fuck. This. Press. Conference.
I'm so pissed-off and sickened I could almost cry. This was the real Trump again today; he wasn't reading the prepared statement that he was convinced he should read. The Washington Post has a story about how many of his staff were shocked to hear him express publicly his personal beliefs that they have been hearing only in private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Does the GOP want to become the party of racist southern whites? Because that is the narrative that is developing, and it will take the membership to let their leadership know they aren't ok with that.
Way too late for that, clearly.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:35 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Rachael Maddow reporting that His father was arrested at a Klan rally in New York. While she did not say he was a member of the Klan, it sure raises questions that I would love to see answered. After all D Trump was sued for federal fair housing violations and his company paid a fine for paying black dealers less than white dealers.

Once again this is a well played diversion by team Trump. While everyone is focused on his hate speech, the much, much bigger story is the DOJ's attempt to get the names and records of people who are going to anti Trump websites.

Just think, soon WW will be able to be paid for turning us all into Der Fuhrer.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:52 AM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Rachael Maddow reporting that His father was arrested at a Klan rally in New York. While she did not say he was a member of the Klan, it sure raises questions that I would love to see answered. After all D Trump was sued for federal fair housing violations and his company paid a fine for paying black dealers less than white dealers.

Once again this is a well played diversion by team Trump. While everyone is focused on his hate speech, the much, much bigger story is the DOJ's attempt to get the names and records of people who are going to anti Trump websites.

Just think, soon WW will be able to be paid for turning us all into Der Fuhrer.
I saw that, too. So fu&^^%8king alarming what is happening in this country. I can't believe there are still people who would support this maniac. What is fox news saying? Are they still cheerleading for the Racist-in-Chief? Can anyone on this board (other than ww, of course), bring themselves to watch it to find out?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:55 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Though there obviously are racists and Nazis supporting this President and voted for him, it is unfair to label all R's the same way. I would venture to say the vast majority who voted for him, are simply hard working, poor-lower middle class-middle class voters, who feel they were being left behind in the economic recovery. Who felt that Congress had abdicated their jobs via a gridlock policy, and was looking for a fresh face from the outside who could shake things up.

They were conned and duped thinking Donald Trump was that outsider.

Anyone who lived in NY during his 30+ years in the real estate market knew the lies and duplicity, the bankruptcies, the womanizing, the scamming of contractors etc. Unfortunately, the rural America that elected him focused on his rhetoric, and thought he was saying the right things to be able to change Washington and help them in the long run. They were clearly scammed, and yesterday will be a turning point.

My point is, just like all D's are not libturd, pot smoking, rioting and looting protestors against anyone that has an opinion different than them, all R's should not be slapped with the racist label. Donald Trump owns this. Once the R's in Congress grow spines, then things will change. This needs to happen before the Mueller investigation runs it's course.

Last edited by nutznboltz; 08-16-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Holy. Fuck. This. Press. Conference.

If you voted for Trump and don't immediately repudiate and reject this man at this point, you are 100% complicit.
I was flipping out half the damn night, glad I wasn't the only one.

If you're getting "atta boy"s from DAVID FRICKEN DUKE, there's no denying what team you're on.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:36 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
all R's should not be slapped with the racist label. Donald Trump owns this. Once the R's in Congress grow spines, then things will change. This needs to happen before the Mueller investigation runs it's course.
They have hitched their wagons to a racist. They need to stand up, repudiate him BY NAME and be willing to remove him from office.

They may not be Klansmen, but they support one. As far as I'm concerned, until they stand up - which Ryan and McConnel haven't been willing to do, they may as well come to work wearing hoods and robes.