BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I’m going to miss “but her e-mails” from him.

Oh, by the way, Mike Pompeo’s State Department issued its final report on the e-mails.

“The department has completed its administrative review.” “It involved thousands of person-hours of review and investigative effort, including gathering Statements from hundreds of past and present employees.”

“There was no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.”

Can we redo the election?
Old 10-22-2019, 01:57 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
U.S. envoy says he was told Trump wanted Ukraine aid to be contingent on public declaration to investigate Bidens, 2016 election
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...11535701385217

I don't know why this is news considering both Trump and Mulvaney already copped to this on tape, but evidently today's closed door testimony was pretty explosive.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:33 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

That latest poll (believe it was CNN?) shows 88% R's saying impeachment is simply the D's "out to get" the grabber. And 90% of them approve of his job performance to date.

I'm wondering what is the % of self identifying (or just registered) R's there are in the electorate?? Is it still around 40%? If so, that means that the 36% still are waiting for him to shoot somebody, and then they could say "he had it coming to him/her".
Old 10-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...11535701385217

I don't know why this is news considering both Trump and Mulvaney already copped to this on tape, but evidently today's closed door testimony was pretty explosive.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-investigators

It’s news because the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, the guy who was in the text chain calling it “crazy,” drew a direct line to Trump and quid pro quo. Guy’s name is Bill Taylor, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is one of the two whistleblowers.

Quote:
William B. Taylor tapped in June by Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo to come out of retirement to lead the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine.
I love how Trump and his sycophant co-criminals always find a way to bungle their corruption. Thank god there are some officials left who have scruples.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:40 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

I'm just waiting for Carlson or Hannity to confirm this decades long public servant is a pawn of the "deep state".
Old 10-23-2019, 09:57 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I'm just waiting for Carlson or Hannity to confirm this decades long public servant is a pawn of the "deep state".
Vietnam vet who had previously been tapped by Dubya to serve State in Ukraine and was brought out of retirement by Trump's pal Pompeo to go back after they spiked Yovanovich.

Mind you, we've seen the Republican machine completely shoot a deuce on Vietnam vets before (see DubDub squealing SWIFT BOAT VETS!) in service of a draft dodging POTUS, but Taylor seems plenty credible and only corroborates what Trump and Mulvaney already copped to in public.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:16 AM

Trump says McConnell told him his call to Ukraine was innocent. McConnell denies that the discussion happened.

Looks like we found the line
Old 10-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Trump says McConnell told him his call to Ukraine was innocent. McConnell denies that the discussion happened.

Looks like we found the line
McConnell: Nice try dipshit, I'm not chaining myself to your sinking ship.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:03 AM

CNN poll:

Biden - 34%
Warren - 19%
Sanders - 16%
Buttigieg - 6%
Harris - 6%
Klobuchar - 3%
O’Rourke - 3%

This poll has Biden higher than the others. Most significant, it’s the 3rd poll with Klobuchar at 3% or more. A 4th poll at 3% and she qualifies for the next debate.

I personally like her, but it would keep the debate field at 9, and that number needs to go down.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:40 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
CNN poll:

Biden - 34%
Warren - 19%
Sanders - 16%
Buttigieg - 6%
Harris - 6%
Klobuchar - 3%
O’Rourke - 3%

This poll has Biden higher than the others. Most significant, it’s the 3rd poll with Klobuchar at 3% or more. A 4th poll at 3% and she qualifies for the next debate.

I personally like her, but it would keep the debate field at 9, and that number needs to go down.
I'm not watching, but it seems they should be getting close to cutting it off at 5. Honestly, outside of Biden, Sanders and Warren, the rest seem to be quixotic bids. I still can't fathom how a guy who can't get elected in his own state is polling at 3% and has any national support whatsoever.