BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 09-19-2019, 06:45 PM
BP Staff

I get that I was somewhat the bad guy for saying that many rank and file Democrats would crawl over broken glass to make sure Sanders wasn't the nominee because of how strident some of his supporters can be, arguably running off Zeyk in the process. I don't think I was wrong, though:

Quote:
Interesting: Per new David Binder poll in Iowa, more Dems there have ruled out Sanders (46%) than are considering him (43%).

By contrast, just 21% have ruled out Warren, while 70% are considering her.
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/statu...183533568?s=20

When/if Warren wins Iowa and New Hampshire (and I feel she's odds-on favorite to do so) she'll cannibalize what's left of Bernie's support and solidify the party's left. Then it just comes down to whether she can project enough electability (ie ability to beat Trump) to peel off enough of Biden and Harris' support to get across the line.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:38 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
BREAKING: Intelligence Inspector General Michael Atkinson told lawmakers during a private briefing that the #WhistleblowerComplaint involves a series of actions by Trump that go beyond any single discussion with a foreign leader.
https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/...925875200?s=20

Speculation now swirling around the accusation that Trump basically threatened the Ukraine unless they agreed to open an investigation into Joe Biden's son regarding his lobbying work there. Hardly surprising considering Rudy Giuliani was also dispatched to do the same kind of arm-twisting. As bad as that is, it still doesn't seem bad enough on its face to prompt this kind of response from the IC. I wonder about the nature of the threat made by Trump to the Ukraine, if true, and whether he coordinated with the Russians about it.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Cooper's Law

This whistleblower kerfuffle is getting ... interesting. Can’t wait for WW to condone bribery!
Old 09-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Cooper's Law

I've seen it suggested that Trump was threatening to revoke our assistance to Ukraine unless they agreed to help him bury Biden. Without our assistance they would surely get steamrolled by Russia. It's a win-win for The Dictator.

Did you see Ghouliani on Cuomo tonight? Insanity.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:53 AM
Cooper's Law

Thank goodness for the declining mental stability of old white guys (we’ve got a perfect example right under our noses).
Old 09-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Cooper's Law

Default How DeSantis kneecapped Trump’s Florida ‘field general’

Quote:
”If Trump loses Florida, he loses his presidency. And tinkering with the leadership that helped him win in the first place is just a bad idea,” said a former 2016 Trump
campaign advisor.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-wiles-1504981
Old 09-20-2019, 09:43 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
This whistleblower kerfuffle is getting ... interesting. Can’t wait for WW to condone bribery!
Can't wait to see him condone weakening national security by threatening to knee cap a democracy that is a NATO ally in service of the goal of political dirty tricks. He totally will endorse this, btw. It's right up his blind, tribal Republican alley. Party before country... again and again.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:01 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Can't wait to see him condone weakening national security by threatening to knee cap a democracy that is a NATO ally in service of the goal of political dirty tricks. He totally will endorse this, btw. It's right up his blind, tribal Republican alley. Party before country... again and again.
He said he could shoot somebody...And his supporters would say the person was part of the “deep state” and he had it coming to him.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:08 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
He said he could shoot somebody...And his supporters would say the person was part of the “deep state” and he had it coming to him.
So nice of Trump to claim he had no idea who the whistleblower was and then two seconds later claim the whistleblower was a partisan. Just like Giuliani saying the accusations were a farce two seconds before pronouncing he did it and he was proud of doing it. Weapons grade liars, all of them.

At a certain point, Democrats need to start using their inherent contempt and impeachment powers if for no other reason than to send a warning shot against any would-be authoritarian shit stains in the future who would aspire to the levels of cruelty, corruption, and incompetence these bastards have stooped to.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:43 PM
Cooper's Law

The fuckers are getting even more brazen, if that’s possible. This whole Ukraine thing has been in the media – clear corruption and they’re commenting on it: http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2...ain-sight.html

Prime example of making most of the country and world numb to these unprecedented levels of scandal. And everyone knows the Republicans won’t do a thing. So much winning.