BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 09-18-2019, 08:45 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Now now. When Obama played golf it was a scandal. When Trump does it, it's "C'mon, people. We need to work together and not focus on petty problems! Reach across the aisle and let's get stuff done!!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...476_story.html

Quote:
The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Trump’s communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.
"And? I am sure Obama did this all the time. Part of being POTUS involves directly discussing sensitive matters with foreign leaders. Nothing to see here."
Old 09-18-2019, 08:46 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
WW said we should all be outraged about any overspending.
Oh you sweet summer child...

The plus side is that there is now empirical proof that all the shit Republicans claim to care about, they couldn't give an actual fuck about, which is helpful in an ideological debate for sure. No need to take them seriously on the deficit and the national debt, fiscal responsibility, morality, national security chops, policy mastery or personal character, because dear leader has none of the above.

Last edited by dannybolt; 09-18-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:23 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I spent the day at the Eisenhower Museum and childhood home. It was striking to see the deterioration of the Republican Party over the last 70 years. Eisenhower was such a moderate that he had the option to be either the Republican or Democrat nominee.

“The middle of the road is all of the useable surfaces. The extremes, right and left” are in the gutter.”

He sent troops into the south to integrate schools, passed the first civil rights act since the civil war and fought to protect minority voting rights. He implemented the integration of the army. Compare that to the bigotry that exists in the Republican Party where that party aligns themselves with white separatists, seeks to suppress black votes and fights to allow bakers to discriminate against gay weddings.

“Every gun made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed...This is not a way of life at all”

He will never be forgiven for his selection of Nixon, but he was a decent human being.

It’s not that I hate republicans, it’s that I hate this vile animal who now occupies the White House. And I hate the members of his party who are willing to overlook the total incompetence of this President, the hatred that spews from his lips, the criminality of his administration and are willing to sacrifice all that America is for raw power in the short term.

Contast that with the democrats who challenged LBJ on Vietnam. They forced him out of the White House in 1968. Or the republicans who told Nixon that the had to go.

Today’s republicans know they have a nut job in power and are unwilling to do anything to stop him.

I campaigned for Chuck Percy and John Lindsay. I voted for Gerald Ford. I was a political appointee for a Republican Mayor in suburban Cleveland. I remember when the republicans Had moderates running their party.

The party left the moral middle and became a group of wackos.

Last edited by Donnie D; 09-18-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:39 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Indeed... Upon his leaving the presidency, Ike also cautioned the country to be very wary of the power and corruption of the "military industrial complex". I hold him in some esteem, for the reasons you outline as well as other smaller acts to the benefit of the nation at large.

Unfortunately, he couldn't get 2% of the current R voters if he were to be on a primary ballot. Tells you all you need to know about the state of the Republican party, and it's why Corker and Flake declined not to run again.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:53 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
This post shows your clear bias when it comes to the GOP. If you are so outraged about the expenses that you say were just under $200,000, where is this outrage over the overspending that we paid for as the result of the Obama Administration allowing flights to use this airport for refueling, as we know from the report that the cost of fuel at this location was higher than at other, more convent, airports/bases.
I'll just post the link to Donnie's takedown of your nonsense:

http://boltprospects.com/forum/showp...ostcount=19185

This dumbass whataboutism trying to somehow blame Obama for Trump's corruption is every bit as stupid as trying to blame Obama for the Trump administration's decision to adopt a policy of deliberately kidnapping kids from their parents and chucking them into wire cages. It's a pathetic, desperate crutch you idiots use to try and rationalize the cruelty, corruption, and incompetence of these clowns.

Remember when Obama was POTUS and the biggest scandal was, "OMG he wore a tan suit, the sky is falling?!?!"
Old 09-18-2019, 10:58 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
Now now. When Obama played golf it was a scandal. When Trump does it, it's "C'mon, people. We need to work together and not focus on petty problems! Reach across the aisle and let's get stuff done!!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...476_story.html

"And? I am sure Obama did this all the time. Part of being POTUS involves directly discussing sensitive matters with foreign leaders. Nothing to see here."
Just gonna point out there were only five calls to foreign leaders in the time period in question. One of them was a call Trump initiated to Vladimir Putin.

You can fill in the rest of the blanks.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:00 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Oh you sweet summer child...

The plus side is that there is now empirical proof that all the shit Republicans claim to care about, they couldn't give an actual fuck about, which is helpful in an ideological debate for sure. No need to take them seriously on the deficit and the national debt, fiscal responsibility, morality, national security chops, policy mastery or personal character, because dear leader has none of the above.
Another valid point. DubDub doesn't have the right to say a damned word about fiscal responsibility after going to the mattresses for that ridiculous $1T+ giveaway to corporations and the ultra rich.

"But mah daughter got $0.30 more back on her paycheck! MAGA!"

-DubDub (probably)
Old 09-18-2019, 11:06 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I spent the day at the Eisenhower Museum and childhood home. It was striking to see the deterioration of the Republican Party over the last 70 years. Eisenhower was such a moderate that he had the option to be either the Republican or Democrat nominee.

“The middle of the road is all of the useable surfaces. The extremes, right and left” are in the gutter.”

He sent troops into the south to integrate schools, passed the first civil rights act since the civil war and fought to protect minority voting rights. He implemented the integration of the army. Compare that to the bigotry that exists in the Republican Party where that party aligns themselves with white separatists, seeks to suppress black votes and fights to allow bakers to discriminate against gay weddings.

“Every gun made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed...This is not a way of life at all”

He will never be forgiven for his selection of Nixon, but he was a decent human being.

It’s not that I hate republicans, it’s that I hate this vile animal who now occupies the White House. And I hate the members of his party who are willing to overlook the total incompetence of this President, the hatred that spews from his lips, the criminality of his administration and are willing to sacrifice all that America is for raw power in the short term.

Contast that with the democrats who challenged LBJ on Vietnam. They forced him out of the White House in 1968. Or the republicans who told Nixon that the had to go.

Today’s republicans know they have a nut job in power and are unwilling to do anything to stop him.

I campaigned for Chuck Percy and John Lindsay. I voted for Gerald Ford. I was a political appointee for a Republican Mayor in suburban Cleveland. I remember when the republicans Had moderates running their party.

The party left the moral middle and became a group of wackos.
You mean the former Supreme Allied Commander who oversaw the liberation of Europe from the Nazis likely would've bristled at the notion of calling people who self-identify as Nazis, "fine people?"

Oh puh-leeze Donnie.

Next thing you'll be telling me he'd actually have the spine to stand by his policies and decisions rather than trying to use Special Olympics-grade mental gymnastics to blame everything on Barack Obama.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:14 PM
BP Staff

DubDub's kindred spirit:

Quote:
Corey Lewandowski: The Mueller report was very clear. There was no collusion… no obstruction.

Alisyn Camerota: That's not what the Mueller report said.

Corey: It absolutely says that.

Alisyn: Did you read the Mueller report?

Corey: No, I never did.
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1174312234757120000?s=20

Fucking lying morons.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:26 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Just gonna point out there were only five calls to foreign leaders in the time period in question. One of them was a call Trump initiated to Vladimir Putin.

You can fill in the rest of the blanks.
Going to throw this out there... first thing I saw out in the ether was that Trump may have promised to unilaterally end the sanctions on Russia for the annexation of the Crimea. That sounds serious, but I doubt that's the thing that would trigger this unprecedented response by the intelligence community. So I'll point out something odd that coincidentally just came out in the media over the past couple of weeks:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e1c_story.html

Did Trump promise to hand this guy over to Putin (to presumably be executed)? THAT would certainly justify this response from the IC.