BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #18691  
Old 07-18-2019, 09:37 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Paul has always been against raising debt and is the first one that wants to know how an item in the budget can be offset with a reduction.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and this was one of those times.
He has zero credibility after folding like a cheap tent for the $1T+ deficit bonanza that was the fat cat/corporate tax giveaway.

And, no, there’s nowhere near the amount of ludicrous growth that would be necessary to offset that massive exemplar of weapons grade hypocrisy.
__________________
S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 05
Reply With Quote
  #18692  
Old 07-18-2019, 09:48 AM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Paul has always been against raising debt and is the first one that wants to know how an item in the budget can be offset with a reduction.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and this was one of those times.
He played political football with our deficit issue under the thinly veiled justification of fiscal responsibility. He's only fiscally responsible when it's ripping out social safety nets and de-regulation.
__________________
If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one
Reply With Quote
  #18693  
Old 07-18-2019, 09:51 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is online now
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He has zero credibility after folding like a cheap tent for the $1T+ deficit bonanza that was the fat cat/corporate tax giveaway.

And, no, there’s nowhere near the amount of ludicrous growth that would be necessary to offset that massive exemplar of weapons grade hypocrisy.
This. Although cutting the corporate tax rate was necessary, cutting upper individual rates, where the real damage has been done, was not. And they coupled that with a moronic trade policy/trade war stance which has acted as a tax increase on a consumer class which is acting as a drag on the economy has made things worse on the middle and lower classes.

I'm old enough to remember when revenue-neutral was a thing. Because it was three fucking years ago.

Republicans can kiss my out of shape ass with their fiscal responsibility horse shit. Because that's all it is. Go shovel that shit somewhere else, because I'm sick of smelling it. Rand Paul included.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #18694  
Old 07-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is offline
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,274
Default Ditch "the squad" language

I worry about the safety of these four women. I'd suggest they not appear in public as a foursome...really!! Someone comes after one of them (not to be sneezed at) and they all could be in trouble. That's just from a personal safety standpoint. Politically, they have to realize that they are giving Trump and his miscreants the golden opportunity to cast any and all opposition to him as "anti-American"/"socialist" etc etc.

They need to separate and lower their profiles i.e. back to NORMAL. I agree with Omar in many of her positions. Her choice of words however, is a little cavalier and over-playing. As Frank Luntz so correctly observed, labels and words are powerful motivators--both for good and bad. From a safety aspect, MSM needs to stop calling them "the squad"

Unfortunately, this is just a harbinger of what we have to look forward to in the next 15 months.
Reply With Quote
  #18695  
Old 07-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Flycoon Flycoon is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
This. Although cutting the corporate tax rate was necessary, cutting upper individual rates, where the real damage has been done, was not. And they coupled that with a moronic trade policy/trade war stance which has acted as a tax increase on a consumer class which is acting as a drag on the economy has made things worse on the middle and lower classes.

I'm old enough to remember when revenue-neutral was a thing. Because it was three fucking years ago.

Republicans can kiss my out of shape ass with their fiscal responsibility horse shit. Because that's all it is. Go shovel that shit somewhere else, because I'm sick of smelling it. Rand Paul included.
Correct, sir.

Undoubtedly a stunt to play to his base in KY.
Reply With Quote
  #18696  
Old 07-18-2019, 12:19 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I worry about the safety of these four women. I'd suggest they not appear in public as a foursome...really!! Someone comes after one of them (not to be sneezed at) and they all could be in trouble. That's just from a personal safety standpoint. Politically, they have to realize that they are giving Trump and his miscreants the golden opportunity to cast any and all opposition to him as "anti-American"/"socialist" etc etc.

They need to separate and lower their profiles i.e. back to NORMAL. I agree with Omar in many of her positions. Her choice of words however, is a little cavalier and over-playing. As Frank Luntz so correctly observed, labels and words are powerful motivators--both for good and bad. From a safety aspect, MSM needs to stop calling them "the squad"

Unfortunately, this is just a harbinger of what we have to look forward to in the next 15 months.
There’s a conservative journalist on Twitter whose name escapes me at the moment who said that he has friends in the anti-terrorism law enforcement arena who say they’ve never seen the kind of death threats and nastiness hurled at a single person in online chatter that they saw in the alt-right-o-sphere after Trump’s little Klan rally where he got the crowd to start chanting, “send her back” about the congresswoman from Minnesota.

I’m afraid 2020 is going to make 2016 look like a bake sale when you see how low the rhetoric from Trump is going to go.
__________________
S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 05
Reply With Quote
  #18697  
Old 07-18-2019, 12:21 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
This. Although cutting the corporate tax rate was necessary, cutting upper individual rates, where the real damage has been done, was not. And they coupled that with a moronic trade policy/trade war stance which has acted as a tax increase on a consumer class which is acting as a drag on the economy has made things worse on the middle and lower classes.

I'm old enough to remember when revenue-neutral was a thing. Because it was three fucking years ago.

Republicans can kiss my out of shape ass with their fiscal responsibility horse shit. Because that's all it is. Go shovel that shit somewhere else, because I'm sick of smelling it. Rand Paul included.
Would you rather have universal health care for that $1T or let the big corporations keep their stock buybacks?

And the funny thing is, over time, universal health care actually does lower the deficit.
__________________
S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 05
Reply With Quote
  #18698  
Old 07-18-2019, 12:25 PM
LightningTdi's Avatar
LightningTdi LightningTdi is offline
Keefamania!
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I worry about the safety of these four women. I'd suggest they not appear in public as a foursome...really!! Someone comes after one of them (not to be sneezed at) and they all could be in trouble. That's just from a personal safety standpoint. ...


Why would Bernie supporters want to harm them?

__________________
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Reply With Quote
  #18699  
Old 07-18-2019, 12:45 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I worry about the safety of these four women. I'd suggest they not appear in public as a foursome...really!! Someone comes after one of them (not to be sneezed at) and they all could be in trouble. That's just from a personal safety standpoint. Politically, they have to realize that they are giving Trump and his miscreants the golden opportunity to cast any and all opposition to him as "anti-American"/"socialist" etc etc.

They need to separate and lower their profiles i.e. back to NORMAL. I agree with Omar in many of her positions. Her choice of words however, is a little cavalier and over-playing. As Frank Luntz so correctly observed, labels and words are powerful motivators--both for good and bad. From a safety aspect, MSM needs to stop calling them "the squad"

Unfortunately, this is just a harbinger of what we have to look forward to in the next 15 months.
Absolutely right. This is exactly what Trump wanted
__________________
If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one
Reply With Quote
  #18700  
Old 07-18-2019, 01:00 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,222
Default

Duncan Hunter, who is the Republican congressman who has been indicted for corruption charges for illegal use of campaign finances, is sending out fundraising mailers to his constituents at this very moment claiming his Muslim-American Democratic challenger and two Muslim-American congresswomen are terrorist supporters.

It used to be that politicians on the right at least had the decency to use dark money PAC’s to do this kind of shit. Now it’s straight out in the open.
__________________
S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 05
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.