BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Keefamania!

Default Mueller wants to testify for Congress 'in private,' Jerry Nadler says

Mueller wants to testify for Congress 'in private,' Jerry Nadler says

'...The congressman said Mueller sees himself as apolitical and “he doesn’t want to participate in anything that he might regard as a political spectacle, especially if the Republicans on the committee start asking him about the beginning of the investigation. I’m speculating really,” he told Maddow....'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mue...ry-nadler-says
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 05-24-2019, 09:50 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
The Republican economic model continues to be a farce:
Trump is trying to give a 16 Billion bailout for farmers hurt by his fucktarded trade war.. Glad you fools got yur Gorsuch and Cavanaugh, because you've gutted not only your moral standing in lining up behind dear leader, but also your economic standing as Friedman-esque free marketers (they never were, but let's pretend). You've got Trump economics and Trump moral values now. All in service of the hopes of overturning Roe v Wade. Good luck with that shit sandwich. Death rattle gonna rattle. Not only morally bankrupt, but intellectually as well. Well done, guys. Well done.

Question for the floor. Raising taxes on the general populace in the form of tariffs (which are paid by the consumer), and then sending money to a particular group. I know there's a word for it. I think Democrats get accused of it all the time. Can't quite put my finger on it though. Jeez, it's right there on the tip of my fingers...

Republicans have to be the most blissfully ignorant group of people this side of the nut hatch. Anybody wanna step up in defense of this idiocy? Anyone? Bueller?
Brilliant and rapier-like.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
78% sounds like acquaintance rape, not date rape. Those are very different things, that also includes stats from family members raping younger kin and through knowing someone at work. I believe you said that most rapes were consensual, I don't see any evidence for that.

Personally I am very skeptical of what anyone says when they leave a relationship based on my own anecdotal experiences. A lot of people backwards rationalize situations and women generally exaggerate happenings when they are talking to their friends because women are much more heavily and unfairly scrutinized in society based on sex. A very easy out for women is that they left an abusive relationship, but I know some men who've said that as well. Rape accusations are an entirely different matter. I have dozens of male and female friends who've claimed or been charged with abuse in their relationships but none of them have said rape. Those are my own personal experiences though.
Date rape was also included with acquaintance rape from the figures I saw.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Bill Barr lied to the American people about the contents of the Mueller Report. It was so blatant that over 1,000 former prosecutors from all political stripes have now signed onto the letter condemning Barr for misleading the American public and asserting that were it not for DOJ policy, Trump would be indicted for obstruction right now. It was so blatant that even a member of the mouth breathing Freedom Caucus now supports impeachment.

I find it laughable you can accuse anyone of being a puppet or a follower the way you’ve compromised whatever shred of principles and dignity you used to have to be led around by this cruel, corrupt, and incompetent band of bastards. But by all means, please continue. I’m enjoying watching you out yourself as a man as devoid of self awareness as you are of a conscience.
You really need to check your tin foil hat pete and as the rays maybe getting to you.

We will not know if Barr lied or not until Mueller testifies. Many, like me, do not think that Mueller was claiming he lied, but that wished Barr had put more out there as the media was writing stories that were not true. Just like when Mueller called out Buzzfeed.

Some claim that Mueller was upset because he wanted Barr to release Mueller's 19 page summery, but Barr instead wrote 4 page report. I really do not think this matters as the Mueller letter was released in the report and is there for all to see.

Mueller wrote a letter to Barr as Mueller felt that Barr's 4 page letter "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance". Barr called Mueller and Barr said that when told that Barr's 4 page letter was a brief overview Mueller was fine with that. Barr then released the full Mueller letter with the report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.147220800715

In Mueller's letter dated March 27 Mueller was concerned over how his report was being received by the public based on a 4 page letter by Barr.

Quote:
There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations. See Department of Justice, Press Release (May 17, 2017).
Now it appears that if one was take the time to read Mueller's report you would see on page 9 of the report that the Office of Special Council found that "the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges." The report goes on to say that all those that lied have been charged and they feel that those attempts by the Russians have been identified and charged.

httphttps://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf://

But then pete, you clearly need to take the time to read the report. Our version is heavily redacted but still interesting in the least. But since you are a puppet of the master puppeteer for the ultra left members of your party, you clearly take you cue from them and most likely do whatever they say and tell you to do. And to think you claimed you were an honor student. Yup.....need to replace that tin foil hat.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Many, like me, do not think that Mueller was claiming he lied, but that wished Barr had put more out there.
Wonder where you got this fantasy.

Barr said. "Mueller had never told me that the expression of the findings was inaccurate, but I did then volunteer that I thought they were talking about the desire to have more information put out."

Quote:
Some claim that Mueller was upset because he wanted Barr to release Mueller's 19 page summery, but Barr instead wrote 4 page report. I really do not think this matters as the Mueller letter was released in the report and is there for all to see.
What crap. Barr’s summary was released on March 24. The 19 page letter was released on April 18. That meant that Barr and Trumps false narrative were the only story reported on by the press for more than 3 weeks. Had the full 19 page letter been released, the public would have known the truth much earlier - before Barr was able to spin and lie about what the report really said. People have short attention spans. Barr and Trump took advantage of that by releasing a false narrative of what was in the report.

Last edited by Donnie D; 05-24-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:59 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Wonder where you got this fantasy.

Barr said. "Mueller had never told me that the expression of the findings was inaccurate, but I did then volunteer that I thought they were talking about the desire to have more information put out."

What crap. Barr’s summary was released on March 24. The 19 page letter was released on April 18. That meant that Barr and Trumps false narrative were the only story reported on by the press for more than 3 weeks. Had the full 19 page letter been released, the public would have known the truth much earlier - before Barr was able to spin and lie about what the report really said. People have short attention spans. Barr and Trump took advantage of that by releasing a false narrative of what was in the report.
Yep. If a Democratic AG has done what Barr did Waiver would be calling for their summary execution. But, as per usual, if a wrongdoer has a R beside their name, he looks the other way.

Over 1,000 former prosecutors aren’t wrong, folks. Barr is a lying POS who has burned whatever credibility he had.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:34 PM
Cooper's Law

In other news:

- They're circumventing Congress to sell arms to SA and The UAE.

- The Supreme Court stepped in and said the gerrymandered districts in Michigan and Ohio don't need to be redrawn but didn't explain why not.

- The disaster relief bill was scuttled at the last minute by the R's.

The Dictatorship chugs along.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:35 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

The only good thing, if there is one, is that we quickly were able to see what a sycophant Barr is. No doubts, no maybes, etc etc. At least we know exactly what he is and what we have to deal with.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
In other news:

- They're circumventing Congress to sell arms to SA and The UAE.

- The Supreme Court stepped in and said the gerrymandered districts in Michigan and Ohio don't need to be redrawn but didn't explain why not.

- The disaster relief bill was scuttled at the last minute by the R's.

The Dictatorship chugs along.
The Supreme Court decision was unanimous and only delays these 2 states from redrawing maps until the courts make a decision on the major redistricting case that is now before them.

The disaster relief isn't scuttled, merely delayed. The house isn’t in session and so they tried to pass it under unanimous consent. A Republican house member objected. It will pass in 10 days when the full house is in session.

Other than the first one, there really isn’t a problem or issue.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:14 PM
BP Staff

Yeah, I’m far more worried about Trump giving Barr carte blanche to selectively declassify information to stir up the rubes with this fever “coup” fantasy. Barr’s already shown he has no compunction about misrepresenting facts to create a false narrative to try to protect Trump politically. What’s worse is this time the sweeping discretion given to Barr will potentially burn bridges to key allied intelligence services like the UK and Australia in the process. That’s right, boys and girls, cheap arms for the bone saw boys in Saudi Arabia but Australia? We’re gonna treat the Australians like they’re the real enemies. It’s nuts.

Like I’ve said, Bill Barr is the second biggest threat to American democracy today. He’s that big a dirtbag.