BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post

I am totally puzzled as to what any of this is supposed to mean. Are you comparing consensual rough sex to rape?

Bottom line is, there's NO SUCH THING as consensual rape, it's an oxymoron, but we ALL KNOW what he meant: there are those "legitimate rape" victims (to borrow from another moron) of the guys who jump out of the bushes & smack them over the head, then there are those slutty-sluts who wore a short skirt or went to a party or got drunk with friends and really should've known better. Someone forcing themselves on someone else is rape, I don't care if they report it or not.

Sotnos…...a large majority of rape allegations happen when a woman wakes up and either can not remember what happened or now says that it was not consensual.

Many of the suspects when interviewed claim that the act was consensual. This type of case is one of the hardest to solve when it is one's word against another. The investigator has to look at all of the facts and evidence in hopes of finding the truth.

My wife, who worked adult sex crimes for years said that "consensual rape" is a common term used by investigators. It does not mean that the act was any less of a crime. It just means that you have a named suspect who admitted to the act but is claiming the act was consensual.

In a "consensual rape" case many investigators have to use the polygraph and will administer the polygraph to those involved. This is how my wife became intrigued with the polygraph and when ask to become an examiner agreed to go to the school. She has now been doing polygraphs for 19 years and is still very active with local agencies.

The term does not mean that law enforcement looks the other way. I can assure you that with HCSO that was not the case.

This is much like when a homicide investigator refers to 2 individuals in a fight and one dies who just so happens to have a long violent criminal history.. They call that a misdemeanor homicide. But the case is handled the same as any other homicide with no stone left unturned.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 05-21-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
I like Sander’s proposal to cut federal funding directed to for profit charter schools.
There was just a huge fight in the school board and it was ruled 4-3 to build a charter school here in Polk to alleviate overcrowding. Of course this charter school will be allowed to hand pick students leaving public schools with all of the students whom need the most help.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
There was just a huge fight in the school board and it was ruled 4-3 to build a charter school here in Polk to alleviate overcrowding. Of course this charter school will be allowed to hand pick students leaving public schools with all of the students whom need the most help.
Betsy DeVos loves charter schools. ‘Nuff said.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Sotnos…...a large majority of rape allegations happen when a woman wakes up and either can not remember what happened or now says that it was not consensual.
Guys need to really not get themselves into these situations, frankly.

Quote:
My wife, who worked adult sex crimes for years said that "consensual rape" is a common term used by investigators.
Mr Legislator Idiot should've known that even if that's the case, it's NOT something would understand and it's highly, highly offensive.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Sotnos…...a large majority of rape allegations happen when a woman wakes up and either can not remember what happened or now says that it was not consensua.
What stats do you have for this, especially the "now says it's not consenusal," which is essentially a false allegation if I'm reading what you are saying correctly.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:08 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Guys need to really not get themselves into these situations, frankly.
<Insert applause emoji>
Welp, there goes that whole personal responsibility high ground nonsense the dipshits who like to victim-blame try to claim.
Well done, Sotnos.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
What stats do you have for this, especially the "now says it's not consenusal," which is essentially a false allegation if I'm reading what you are saying correctly.
This article has a lot of links to other statistical studies.

Finally, let us keep in mind that those rapes that are reported to the police are only a portion of all rapes that take place. According to some estimates, more than two-thirds of rapes are never disclosed.5 Which means that the percentage of false rape allegations is that of only reported rapes.

In summary, false allegations of rape appear to consist of a small percentage of rape claims, and even a smaller percentage of all rapes.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...pe-allegations

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
<Insert applause emoji>
Welp, there goes that whole personal responsibility high ground nonsense the dipshits who like to victim-blame try to claim.
Well done, Sotnos.
Thank you
Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
This article has a lot of links to other statistical studies.

Finally, let us keep in mind that those rapes that are reported to the police are only a portion of all rapes that take place. According to some estimates, more than two-thirds of rapes are never disclosed.5 Which means that the percentage of false rape allegations is that of only reported rapes.

In summary, false allegations of rape appear to consist of a small percentage of rape claims, and even a smaller percentage of all rapes.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...pe-allegations
Oh yeah, I've read more than one of those studies before, which is why I'm curious as to where the "large majority of rape allegations" statement comes from.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:44 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Oh yeah, I've read more than one of those studies before, which is why I'm curious as to where the "large majority of rape allegations" statement comes from.
And if you're a woman, and you know there's a swath of LEO's that accept Waiver's position as an article of faith, would you be in a rush to report your attacker?

We all, and men in particular, have inherited centuries of cultural pre-wiring about gender roles and gender equality that need the same scrutiny and forthright conversation that we've started to have about topics like race.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:48 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Throw this on the pile of shitty things the Trump Administration has done to reverse Obama administration decisions, no matter how inconsequential, voted on by the populace; ultimately reversing the wishes of the non shitbird part of the populace (so, not our resident water carriers).
Tubman $20 delayed until 2028 (or until we cancel that idea)
Does it really matter? In the grand scheme of things? Probably not. Nobody is dying because Andy Jackson is staying on the $20, instead of replacing him with Harriett Tubman (who, by the way, was damn sight better as a human being, much less American, than Ol' Hickory).
Is it a nice additional fuck you to African Americans and women? Oh, hell yes.

If counterfeiting was the issue, the 10 and 50 wouldn't be coming out, and yet they are. Go shovel that shit somewhere else Mnuchin, you human paraquat.