BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Jimmie Olvestad's Dimensional Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
Very.... intriguing.

If this actually happened... what's the thoughts on it? If it's a straight up one for one deal, i'd have to think Marty would've had to request to be moved. That's the only thing that would make sense for a quick trigger trade like this.
Now THAT might be the trigger to all of this discussion. Remember it was only a few weeks ago that Yzerman (with help from the rest of the Canadian hockey brass) selected a team without St. Louis. Could it be that Marty's feelings were hurt so bad that he made such a request? Hmmmm.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5on5original View Post
Now THAT might be the trigger to all of this discussion. Remember it was only a few weeks ago that Yzerman (with help from the rest of the Canadian hockey brass) selected a team without St. Louis. Could it be that Marty's feelings were hurt so bad that he made such a request? Hmmmm.
I would be disappointed if Marty did that. Never struck me as a red ass.

Unless he really Boucher's executioner.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Things that make you go hmm. Either way, there's a great many directions this could take over the next 6 hours - 10 days. Stay tuned, right?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:56 PM

When does the roster freeze end?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
When does the roster freeze end?
Tonight at midnight.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

If the rumour ends up being true, I'm hoping a young defenseman comes back our way too or Kreider.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:04 PM

Dealing Marty for a rental UFA lower liner like Callahan is just horrible, especially with the increasing logjam at forward. You've got to think he gets a way better deal than that considering he'd make or break a cup run for multiple seriously loaded contenders the way he's playing right now. And he can wait and choose the best deal up to the deadline, no need to pull the trigger now. It's not like Marty's been tanking it this whole time. I just think this is totally retarded. I can see SFY trading him if he thinks it makes this team better, he bought out Vinny so ANYTHING is possible, but it's gotta be way better than that.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Dealing Marty for a rental UFA lower liner like Callahan is just horrible, especially with the increasing logjam at forward. You've got to think he gets a way better deal than that considering he'd make or break a cup run for multiple seriously loaded contenders the way he's playing right now. And he can wait and choose the best deal up to the deadline, no need to pull the trigger now. It's not like Marty's been tanking it this whole time. I just think this is totally retarded. I can see SFY trading him if he thinks it makes this team better, he bought out Vinny so ANYTHING is possible, but it's gotta be way better than that.
Lower liner? I know Callahan has had a rough season but the guy is still a top 6 forward on 90% of NHL teams and does possess the jam that is needed among our skill forwards and has proven playoff success. With all that said if were going to unload a top 6 for Callahan I'd go with Purcell and you'd think the Rangers would as well. Both are younger and in their prime years and both could really use a change of scenery.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:14 PM

Still think this is just an insane rumor which has no backing.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:16 PM

The guy's only flirted with 30 goals once, and barely cracked 50 points that year. He's not top 6 by our standards and certainly not worth $6.5 million.
Closed Thread