BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 06-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Incarcerate children or build a wall kind of sounds like incarcerate jews or starve to death if you say it German

Old 06-18-2018, 06:48 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I'm still trying to get my head around how it's on the Democrats to fix the laws...when they don't have any power in any branch of government.

The law excuse is bullshit. They turned this from a civil issue (coming into the country illegally or seeking asylum) into prosecuting it criminally (this is why they say they have to split the parents up from the parents since kids can't go to jail). There are laws on the books, it's up to the executive branch to enforce them. This was a new way of enforcing the laws on the books in order to leverage democratic votes for the immigration legislation coming up. They're literally abusing children to whip votes.

You don't do that and expect to be treated as a rational actor. You take kids hostage and torture them, you get arrested and prosecuted if you're lucky. I'm not pro-war. You want to make me pro-war, continue to inter children in camps.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Last edited by ZeykShade; 06-18-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
You have to face the hard and honest facts Donnie, something that at times you have a problem with.

This exact same thing happened under Bush and Obama. Funny thing is you never heard our First Lady under the Bush administration say a word. Where were you then when this was happening? Did you complain then? Did you offer a solution?
Here’s the hard an honest facts, you’re wrong.

“Family detention” as a whole came before the Trump administration, but as of August 2015 intact families at the border were rarely separated.

A cluster of rumors about the controversial separation of families at the border held that the policy came before the Trump administration, either stemming from a 1997 “law” or purported policies of previous administrations. Those claims were false. No federal law required or suggested the family separation policy announced by Attorney General Sessions in several sets of remarks during April and May 2018.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...s-passed-1997/

As the Trump administration argues, referring immigrants for prosecution is not new policy. But prior administrations did not enforce the practice the way Trump has.

Before Trump came into office, families were detained together , sent back immediately or paroled into the country, said Peter Margulies, an immigration law and national security law professor at Roger Williams University School of Law. Now, prosecution is happening across the board and has become the uniform policy.

In March 2017, then-DHS Secretary John Kelly (now White House chief of staff) told CNN he was considering separating children from parents to deter illegal immigration.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...strations-zer/

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-18-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
I'm still trying to get my head around how it's on the Democrats to fix the laws...when they don't have any power in any branch of government.
There is no law to fix. Trump is flat out lying and his lazy minions believe whatever he says.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:20 PM

In other news

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=55978674

Quote:
President Donald Trump announced Monday that he has ordered the creation of a new military branch, adding the "Space Force" to the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
Jesus ******* Christ

Old 06-18-2018, 07:23 PM

On a more serious note, I wonder if this means they might actually start pumping some money into NASA. Would be a hell of a silver lining if some of that military budget got pushed into helping space exploration...he talked up Mars a great deal in the speech. Very skeptical but hopeful
Old 06-18-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
There is no law to fix. Trump is flat out lying and his lazy minions believe whatever he says.
I'm aware. The point of my comment was just to show the next level of absurdity beyond the lie.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 06-18-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
On a more serious note, I wonder if this means they might actually start pumping some money into NASA. Would be a hell of a silver lining if some of that military budget got pushed into helping space exploration...he talked up Mars a great deal in the speech. Very skeptical but hopeful
Old 06-18-2018, 07:29 PM

Default June 30th

https://www.familiesbelongtogether.org/
Old 06-18-2018, 07:30 PM

OMG that is brutal