BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 06-13-2019, 10:11 AM
Cooper's Law

No amount of holding up mirrors to Waiver is going to provoke self-reflection. He is incapable. The guy simply believes he is a good, moral person who has helped society. No one – you, me, or anyone – can convince him that this is at odds with voting Republican and supporting policies that hurt the poor and the sick and the disadvantaged. There is no overcoming these blinders, this cognitive dissonance. Look at the way he lashes out at any of us who point to his hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy ... he covers his eyes and ears and screams “PUPPET!” Because these accusations can’t possibly be coming from rational, independent minds, noooo. It’s pretty sad, actually. I just wish he weren’t so representative of so many other white male Republicans out there.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:33 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post

I never once said people should stay away from Sarasota. I was there on vacation for a reason (to go visit some of Paul Rudolph's houses on the barrier keys and try out a new hotel that just opened there). Likewise I would never say people should stay away from San Francisco (DTLA, um, yeah, I might not recommend that for a vacation).

Oh please puppet pete, we all knew what you were trying to do. You just had to throw Republican in there when you were talking about Sarasota. I never ever accused you of trying to keep those wanting to go to Sarasota from going. This is just another example of you twisting things because you think you are so "cute".

The comment was instead about you knocking Sarasota for being what you perceived as being Republican when it clearly is not. My comment was if you despise Republicans that much then please, stay away from anywhere that you perceive as Republican territory.

And DonnieD we should all be thanking you for the great job you have done in doing your part to make a city better. It is one of the nicest places I have ever been to. So nice in fact it was my second choice as I was heading to the S.O. there when Hardcastle was sheriff......and my first choice came through.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Oh please puppet pete, we all knew what you were trying to do. You just had to throw Republican in there when you were talking about Sarasota. I never ever accused you of trying to keep those wanting to go to Sarasota from going. This is just another example of you twisting things because you think you are so "cute".

The comment was instead about you knocking Sarasota for being what you perceived as being Republican when it clearly is not. My comment was if you despise Republicans that much then please, stay away from anywhere that you perceive as Republican territory.

And DonnieD we should all be thanking you for the great job you have done in doing your part to make a city better. It is one of the nicest places I have ever been to. So nice in fact it was my second choice as I was heading to the S.O. there when Hardcastle was sheriff......and my first choice came through.
I'm lost. His initial post simply was simply stating there is homelessness in red districts as well as blue. That it is a major issue that transcends politics. Yet you took that as slamming a red city?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:49 AM
The Clymer-Olvestad Experiment

Quote:
If I were dictator for a day and could take that money and deploy it against a problem like homelessness, I'm afraid I'd have to.
Good point. I wonder if anyone has suggested to Trump that he bootstrap his way to the Billions needed for the wall?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I'm lost. His initial post simply was simply stating there is homelessness in red districts as well as blue. That it is a major issue that transcends politics. Yet you took that as slamming a red city?

Quote:
It's completely fair to say homelessness is a significant problem in DTLA or downtown San Francisco.

Then again, within a one block walk from my hotel to the grocery store the last time I stayed in downtown Republican-loving Sarasota I also had to walk past two homeless people sleeping on the sidewalk, too.

IOW, homelessness in affluent urban centers isn't a red or blue problem. It's a function of unaffordable housing prices that transcends political ideology.

Point could have been made without the "republican-loving". He already know how much he hates the right. I have been saying for years now that our problems are not right or left and take a ration of crap for it.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Re: "Republican-loving":: Man, for a cop, you've sure got an awful thin skin..
Old 06-13-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Point could have been made without the "republican-loving". He already know how much he hates the right. I have been saying for years now that our problems are not right or left and take a ration of crap for it.
You do realize the article he was replying to was posted in the Politics subsection of Fox News, right?
Old 06-13-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Re: "Republican-loving":: Man, for a cop, you've sure got an awful thin skin..
Oh please. When you start labeling your perception of a community, whether it leans right or left is a reach, a reach DonnieD clearly point out as wrong.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
You do realize the article he was replying to was posted in the Politics subsection of Fox News, right?
post the link
Old 06-13-2019, 11:12 AM

This stuff in the Gulf of Orman is starting to get a little scary.