BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-02-2019, 01:17 PM
Keefamania!

Default California Democrats push bill allowing noncitizens to hold party leadership roles

California Democrats push bill allowing noncitizens to hold party leadership roles

'...While current state law limits the ability of noncitizens to participate in party politics, the new bill (SB288) would let them serve as state convention delegates and county committee leaders with the Democratic Party, allowing them to be involved in the party platform and other issues. ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...adership-roles
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

B-b-but the Reverend!!

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/114...764815872?s=19
Old 07-02-2019, 03:51 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I didn't think there was a border crisis. I stand corrected.

While I don't think a wall is going to do much to mitigate it, and is a colossal waste of money, clearly resources need to be allocated to care for and process these people and either admit them into the country, or return them to their country of origin. If they are indeed asylum seekers from Central/South America, then they should be admitted, as is our historical position, as far as I understand it. If they are trying to do an end around on our legal immigration system, they should be informed of the proper channels and returned to their country of origin. If they are migrants looking for work, I would think they should get migrant worker permits and be admitted.

It would seem the current status quo is untenable.

I'm interested to know how the Democrats would like to deal with the issue, as Trump's solutions look barbarous and against the spirit, if not the letter, of the law.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:00 PM
Keefamania!

Default Fox News tops MSNBC, CNN for 70th straight quarter

Fox News tops MSNBC, CNN for 70th straight quarter

'...“Hannity” also finished atop the key demo, averaging 505,000 viewers between the ages 25-54, while “Maddow” was MSNBC’s most-watched show in the category, averaging 396,000. Fox News had eight of the 10 most-watched show in the demo, while CNN didn’t have any programs among the top ten. ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...raight-quarter
"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Old 07-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
And one of the videos taken by a representative on that tour showed the place as being spotless. Was it over crowded? That depends on who is interpreting "over crowded".

The conditions in the video looked like the place was very clean. And the conditions these people are living in has to be far better that what they had left and the conditions along the journey they traveled.

You can go into the "University Area" in North Tampa and find 30-40 Hispanic males living in a 1 bedroom apartment. This is no joke. I have seen many live this way. When you ask them about the conditions and living in a small confined quarters most will tell you if was much worse than where they came from.

And it is too bad that AOC did not elect to take the tour. She would had learned that those drinking from toilets just was not true. She would had seen that they are using the same equipment that many jails throughout the U.S. use. It is made from stainless steel with a toilets bowl combined with a sink that sits approx. 2 feet above the bowl. They have separate water connects. This type of system is used in order to save space. This system has been used for years without complaints.

It is becoming clearer everyday that the left does not want to give and inch to this President and will do anything, including allowing our citizens take a hit, as long as the President takes a hit.

We are now calling fencing used to separate sections of a room as "cages". Well I guess many of us have caged in our homes with that as the definition .
Old 07-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

What a telling response. First, the shot:

Arguing over semantics of crowded vs. over-crowded.
"Sure, they are being deprived of basic necessities and being forced to wear their own filth, but at least the walls are clean!"
"Hey, it sure beats the shithole they came from, right?!" (I believe that was one of the Beatitudes, no? It's been so long since my Jesuit years, sadly).

Sprinkle in a really racist stereotype (huh huh, all them beaners live in a one bedroom like a clown car, I seen it myself!).

Oh, and AOC & Co. acknowleged the existence of the toilet/fountain setups and remarked that they were told by many of the detainees that the fountains didn't work - when they said "drink from the toilet," they meant "drink from the TOILET."

And lastly, the chaser - who gives a shit about human lives and suffering, because to even the voracious All Lives Matter Crowd, at the end of the day what truly matters is the standing and reputation of Herr POTUS.

Sickening,
Old 07-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Keefamania!

Default MSNBC's Joe Scarborough blasts 'Woke Democrats' in fiery tweetstorm: You'll 'lose ano

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough blasts 'Woke Democrats' in fiery tweetstorm: You'll 'lose another election to Trump'

'..."The Betsy Ross flag is now a symbol of White Nationalism and slavery? Not defiance against a distant monarchy? Really, Nike?" Scarborough asked. "PC madness is accelerating just in time for 2020. Trump feeds on your reflexive Wokeness. Great job, everybody."
"Let me disabuse Woke Democrats of the notion that I expect them to adjust their beliefs and strategies to suit former Republicans. I don't," Scarborough continued. "But I do want them to refrain from blowing themselves up politically and re-electing Trump... But y'all be y'all and lose another election to Trump that you should have won. And start by continuing to fight those who want him beaten just as badly." ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ump-kaepernick

..."

Old 07-02-2019, 07:54 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
What a telling response. First, the shot:

Arguing over semantics of crowded vs. over-crowded.
"Sure, they are being deprived of basic necessities and being forced to wear their own filth, but at least the walls are clean!"
"Hey, it sure beats the shithole they came from, right?!" (I believe that was one of the Beatitudes, no? It's been so long since my Jesuit years, sadly).

Sprinkle in a really racist stereotype (huh huh, all them beaners live in a one bedroom like a clown car, I seen it myself!).

Oh, and AOC & Co. acknowleged the existence of the toilet/fountain setups and remarked that they were told by many of the detainees that the fountains didn't work - when they said "drink from the toilet," they meant "drink from the TOILET."

And lastly, the chaser - who gives a shit about human lives and suffering, because to even the voracious All Lives Matter Crowd, at the end of the day what truly matters is the standing and reputation of Herr POTUS.

Sickening,
We have a video of the government's own lawyer arguing children don't need soap, toothpaste, or blankets.

Anyone denying the immense cruelty being committed upon these refugees is either an idiot or a liar. Or, in Waiver's case, a little of A and a little of B.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Is it inconceivable that our beautiful new Sherman tanks could be deployed at the borders to stop this invading horde?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:43 PM
BP Staff

Hey Waiver, seeing how you LOVE Inspector General reports so much...

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/defaul...-51-Jul19_.pdf

That's the Department of Homeland Security Inspector General's report, titled...

Quote:
Management Alert – DHS Needs to Address Dangerous Overcrowding and Prolonged Detention of Children and Adults in the Rio Grande Valley (Redacted)
And that's not some phoney baloney Pajamas Media one month "pilot study."

What's that you say, Waiver?

Quote:
That depends on who is interpreting "over crowded".
Dunce.