BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 06-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
No thanks... I'll stick with Erlendsson and Bryan Burns for my bolts news...
Covers all sports, not just the lightning.

I subscribe to the NYT, WAPO, WSJ, and Athletic. Cost for all is about the same as an annual delivery of the TBT; last renewal was around $230 for five so minutes of scanning articles I read on line 24-48 hours ago. I’ll cancel the day my 88 yo mother in law is no longer able to read/comprehend it or do the crosswords and other puzzles.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Random question: Do any of you fine folks know of anyone currently working with the Lightning Foundation or Lightning Made Hockey? If so, I would like a quick moment of your time via PM. Thanks!!
Old 06-25-2019, 08:18 AM

Thoughts on browsers? I've been using Firefox for many years; it only works sporadically with my password manager. Chrome or Edge are the options I am considering.

Still using Thunderbird as email client; no issues there.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:30 AM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Thoughts on browsers? I've been using Firefox for many years; it only works sporadically with my password manager. Chrome or Edge are the options I am considering.

Still using Thunderbird as email client; no issues there.

I use Edge. Like all computer products, meh. I've been told to buy a Mac.

Oh. Love the Athletic Fly, thanks!
Old 06-25-2019, 10:02 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Most of what I do on-line now days I do on my ipad or phone, Safari seems fine for what little I do that is non-app driven.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post

The Athletic is almost like real pre-blog/internet journalism. Dopey Diana Nearhos at the Times drove me there.

Trying both Edge and Chrome. Edge will be integrating much of chrome in the next 6-9 months so the difference will be less. So far both are preferable to Firefox; annoying as all hell for the password manager to work sporadically. Particularly when filling Sales Tax; the ID and password are 8-12 random digits. Pain in the ass to correctly type that crap every time. And Nextiva Fax rarely worked on Firefox.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post

using Edge also. The only problem is that every once in a while when you go to a site you get a pop up saying they do not support Edge and try Foxfire or Chrome.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:36 PM
Keefamania!

Default Ummmm...

SWING... and a miss...

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 07-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

I am at an intersection in Portland Maine. They have someone panhandling on almost every street corner.
This particular guy is a veteran. He is loud, demanding food and money because we take care of immigrants/refugees instead of him.
I was good as I can ignore them when I have to (on a errand run for work).....until he cussed at me.

I finally told him to get a job.
He did not take it well.
I am a veteran, and have little tolerance for other vets panhandling. Maybe its just me and should be throwing cash out to support their habit(s).

I usually offer food, but I had none on me. I have offered to take them to a nearby food establishment as well. They never take me up on the food offer anyway, instead prefer cash.

Last edited by gphockey; 07-18-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:37 PM

I worked on homeless issues for several years. Rule #1 - Never, ever give panhandlers money (or food). In most major cities, there are multiple places where you can get food. Sarasota had 41 different places in downtown where you could get fed. Largely, the money goes for spice and alcohol. The food gets pitched.

Give money to providers. They will work with those in need to get them the help they need.

Most of these people suffer from severe mental illness. Would you yell at someone with cancer to get a job or to get healed? Why would you treat someone who was mentally ill like this?
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth

Last edited by Donnie D; 07-18-2019 at 05:44 PM.