BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-30-2019, 09:37 AM
BP Staff

In other news, file this under things your government and military have to do to try to make sure the idiot man baby POTUS doesn’t have a tantrum:

Quote:
NEW: The White House wanted the USS John McCain “out of sight” for Trump’s visit to Japan. A tarp was hung over the ship’s name ahead of the trip, and sailors—who wear caps bearing the ship’s name—were given the day off for Trump’s visit.
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...335980032?s=21
Old 05-30-2019, 09:42 AM
BP Staff

Miami Herald also has more good news for our resident Trump apologists:

Quote:
BREAKING: Trump campaign, Mar-a-Lago, hit with federal subpeonas. Feds want to know more about Chinese massage parlor owner's role in Trump fundraising.
https://twitter.com/jkbjournalist/st...770628096?s=21

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...230946518.html

I have a feeling you two will love this article long time.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:18 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Headline:

The moron just admitted what everyone knew in a Tweet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/30/u...p-elected.html
And then deletes it. As if it will go away.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/33...04e2cc7689.png
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth
Old 05-30-2019, 10:36 AM
BP Staff

I know Mueller doesn’t want to go testify in public before Congress because he doesn’t want to be a part of a political circus, but I think his press conference yesterday underlined the necessity of him doing so. The fact is we live in an electively illiterate society... people know how to read but they don’t want to read more than the length of a Tweet otherwise they want their TV. Mueller said yesterday he won’t say anything in public beyond what was said in the report... and I honestly might be cool with that alone. The power of that man reading aloud the key excerpts from the report might be enough to break through to the low information voters and finally shine a light on the criminality of this administration. Mueller reading aloud the portion where he outlines that they were unable to reach conclusions about conspiracy charges due to everything from witnesses refusing interviews to witnesses pleading the 5th to the outright destruction of evidence haven’t permeated into the public consciousness yet but likely would if Mueller just read that part of the report aloud on TV.

Would I also love it if he allowed very brief follow ups to clarify, in layman’s language, those sections? Yes. Do I also have a ton of follow-up process questions about what happened during and after the completion of the report, including about the despicable actions of Barr? Sure do. But, I get that this is a 74 year old man who just wants to fade into quiet retirement, too, and want to try to be respectful of that fact.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:04 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
In other news, file this under things your government and military have to do to try to make sure the idiot man baby POTUS doesn’t have a tantrum:

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...335980032?s=21
Incredible. Wonder if this is reported on Fox or OAN.....
Old 05-30-2019, 11:14 AM
BP Staff

It’s been just a touch over 24 hours since Mueller concluded his press conference.

Conspicuous. By. Absence.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:59 AM
Keefamania!

Default Joe diGenova: Mueller wants Americans to believe Trump is a criminal and it's up to C

Joe diGenova: Mueller wants Americans to believe Trump is a criminal and it's up to Congress to impeach him

'...If President Trump actually committed a crime, there is nothing in the OLC’s opinion that would have prevented the special counsel or the attorney general from saying so.

The most relevant concern the OLC raises is that an indictment “exposes the President to an official pronouncement that there is probable cause to believe he committed a criminal act,” which could impair “his credibility in carrying out his constitutional responsibilities.”

[b]A special counsel’s private report to the attorney general ran no such risk, especially since Barr was under no legal obligation to make Mueller’s report public. Special counsels don’t issue indictments – grand juries do.

That’s why the last man with responsibilities similar to Mueller’s – Independent Counsel Ken Starr – had no qualms writing definitively about findings of criminal wrongdoing by the subject of his investigation, President Bill Clinton.

“The Office of Independent Counsel (OIC) hereby submits substantial and credible information that President /Clinton obstructed justice … the President lied under oath to the grand jury and obstructed justice,” Starr wrote, along with dozens of other unambiguous determinations that President Clinton had committed crimes.

The idea that the OLC somehow stopped Mueller from doing the same thing is absurd.

If Mueller thought there was probable cause to charge President Trump with obstruction of justice – or any other crime – he could have said so in his report without any repercussions. ...'

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-...ss-impeachment

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 05-30-2019, 11:59 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

I'm sure they're just furiously digging up the latest "bombshell" report from magapoopshoot.com to share here amidst a torrent of emoji vomit. Maybe AOC went to Chipotle and took a couple extra napkins or something.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Keefamania!

Default Dershowitz: Shame on Robert Mueller for exceeding his role

Dershowitz: Shame on Robert Mueller for exceeding his role

'...Mueller, however, did even more. He went beyond the conclusion of his report and gave a political gift to Democrats in Congress who are seeking to institute impeachment proceedings against President Trump. By implying that President Trump might have committed obstruction of justice, Mueller effectively invited Democrats to institute impeachment proceedings. Obstruction of justice is a “high crime and misdemeanor” which, under the Constitution, authorizes impeachment and removal of the president.

Until today, I have defended Mueller against the accusations that he is a partisan. I did not believe that he personally favored either the Democrats or the Republicans, or had a point of view on whether President Trump should be impeached. But I have now changed my mind. By putting his thumb, indeed his elbow, on the scale of justice in favor of impeachment based on obstruction of justice, Mueller has revealed his partisan bias. He also has distorted the critical role of a prosecutor in our justice system.

Remember that federal investigations by prosecutors, including special counsels, are by their very nature one-sided. They hear only evidence of guilt and not exculpatory evidence. Their witnesses are not subject to the adversarial process. There is no cross examination. The evidence is taken in secret behind the closed doors of a grand jury. For that very reason, prosecutors can only conclude whether there is sufficient evidence to commence a prosecution. They are not in a position to decide whether the subject of the investigation is guilty or is innocent of any crimes. ...

I cannot imagine a plausible reason why Mueller went beyond his report and gratuitously suggested that President Trump might be guilty, except to help Democrats in Congress and to encourage impeachment talk and action. Shame on Mueller for abusing his position of trust and for allowing himself to be used for such partisan advantage. '

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...eding-his-role

"...But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time.
..."

Partial text of President Obama's October 18, 2016 Speech

Old 05-30-2019, 12:28 PM
BP Staff

I rest my case.