BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Republicans like to say that they aren't racists. They just vote for racists because they can't vote for someone like Hillary.
I understand why people voted for Trump. That being said, now that he's basically demonstrated how shit a human he is, they should realize the mistake they've made. They should feel shame.

There's no Supreme Court nominee or legitimate political policy position that can justify your vote for Trump at this point.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
I understand why people voted for Trump. That being said, now that he's basically demonstrated how shit a human he is, they should realize the mistake they've made. They should feel shame.

There's no Supreme Court nominee or legitimate political policy position that can justify your vote for Trump at this point.
He demonstrated that he was a racist, sexist pig before the election. And people like Rubio, Hatch and McCain still voted for him.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
He demonstrated that he was a racist, sexist pig before the election. And people like Rubio, Hatch and McCain still voted for him.
I agree. Being able to hand wave away his misogyny and bigotry so your "team" can win, makes you a pretty horrible person in my book. Any Trump voter who considers themselves principled is deluded. The Religious Right chief amongst the deluded. If your principles don't include being against bigotry and misogyny, you're not really principled. You're a racist apologist at best or probably a racist yourself.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Cooper's Law

Anyone who does not abandon a political party led by a man unable to condemn white supremacists and nazis is without morality or principle.

— Kurt Eichenwald today on twitter
Old 08-13-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:

From what I've seen and heard, you don't want to be on the side who ultimately realizes they've been conned and lied to for their vote. So you double down and then throw out false equivalence of "What about Obama and BLM? Why didn't he call them domestic terrorists for killing cops?"

BLM was a movement sprung from the killing of (mainly) unarmed black men by trigger happy cops. I don't agree with their eye for an eye philosophy either. But the rally in Charlottesville sprung from the taking down of the Confederate statue. Trump was quick to criticize O for San Bernadino and Orlando for not calling it Muslim terrorism, but blames both sides for this and won't call out the white nationalist/Nazi movement that helped get him elected and gave credence to these cretins to crawl out from under their rocks.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:

You would hope, but we know the answer to that. Didn't like 52% of Republicans said they would be in favor of Trump suspending the 2020 elections while they investigated voter fraud?
Old 08-13-2017, 08:46 AM

So far the ones that have been identified include college students and the like (some dumb enough to wear their college shirts), and given how far some others traveled to be there these aren't guys that have really been shortchanged much as far as I can tell.

The mind boggles at how these people can be so mad and waste their time and energy on such impotent farts in the wind. Work on yourself and help others. Life is too short for this nonsense.

Last edited by Hoek; 08-13-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:27 AM

Richard Spencer is planning to speak at UF September 12th. This possibly can't go wrong.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
BLM was a movement sprung from the killing of (mainly) unarmed black men by trigger happy cops. I don't agree with their eye for an eye philosophy either.
Where did you get the idea that BLM was promoting the "eye for an eye" philosophy?
Old 08-13-2017, 11:49 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Richard Spencer is planning to speak at UF September 12th. This possibly can't go wrong.
If the student body was smart they'd all stay home and let him speak to an empty room.