BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Gotta admit I thought they would wait for their tax bill to fail at being budget neutral before gutting poor people. Nope, Paul Ryan says they will work on "reforming" medicare, Medicaid, and social security next year to fix the deficit.
Gotta cover the increased military spending and tax cuts somehow.

I guess infrastructure has dropped off of the radar?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Gotta admit I thought they would wait for their tax bill to fail at being budget neutral before gutting poor people. Nope, Paul Ryan says they will work on "reforming" medicare, Medicaid, and social security next year to fix the deficit.
This should surprise no one. Paul Ryan is the cabana boy for the Koch Brothers. They literally own his ass. Their agenda has been the destruction of the Social Safety Net for the entirety of their adult lives. There isn't a single policy position or idea of Paul Ryan's that doesn't get vetted by them first. That's not hyperbole.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
This should surprise no one. Paul Ryan is the cabana boy for the Koch Brothers. They literally own his ass. Their agenda has been the destruction of the Social Safety Net for the entirety of their adult lives. There isn't a single policy position or idea of Paul Ryan's that doesn't get vetted by them first. That's not hyperbole.
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...nomics/547721/

I think the above pretty concisely and effectively summarizes most of what Zeyk has been posting in regards to Republican economics and tax policy on this board over the last few years. Definitely worth a read.

I'm not a democrat, but I'm not looking to fight a civil war, which is why I will be likely be voting party line Democrat in mid-terms, and likely in subsequent upcoming elections. Republicans have given up any pretense of governing for the entire country, and are now only governing according to their bases wishes (this should be news to no one), in ways which I think are counter productive and will have bad outcomes, both fiscal and otherwise.
Another good article from the Atlantic which describes this, also very effectively:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ngress/547706/

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the decline of the U.S. that the Republicans have been spouting for the last , jeez, 9 years (coincidence?), the policies they are attempting to put in place, and their current standard bearer are, IMO, going to do more to hasten this decline than anything that's been attempted since the Nixon administration.

My generation (people in their 30s and early 40s) is going to have its work cut out for it.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...nomics/547721/

I think the above pretty concisely and effectively summarizes most of what Zeyk has been posting in regards to Republican economics and tax policy on this board over the last few years. Definitely worth a read.

I'm not a democrat, but I'm not looking to fight a civil war, which is why I will be likely be voting party line Democrat in mid-terms, and likely in subsequent upcoming elections. Republicans have given up any pretense of governing for the entire country, and are now only governing according to their bases wishes (this should be news to no one), in ways which I think are counter productive and will have bad outcomes, both fiscal and otherwise.
Another good article from the Atlantic which describes this, also very effectively:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ngress/547706/

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the decline of the U.S. that the Republicans have been spouting for the last , jeez, 9 years (coincidence?), the policies they are attempting to put in place, and their current standard bearer are, IMO, going to do more to hasten this decline than anything that's been attempted since the Nixon administration.

My generation (people in their 30s and early 40s) is going to have its work cut out for it.
Good stuff Danny. I doubt the tribe between the coasts will read any of this and, if they do, will scream FAKE NEWS.

The GOP is burning down their base with these policies. Problem is they are too insulated or stupid to realize it.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I guess infrastructure has dropped off of the radar?
Well (and as you probably know and are being facetious about) the infrastructure plan has never been to increase federal investment -- it's been to punt the funding expectations to states/counties/localities. Trickle-nowhere.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:34 AM

Man, they are saying the current CA wildfires may be the most destructive ever. Pretty scary to watch right now. Went to check Trump Twitter and of course no mention of it or help. I did however learn he thinks pets are low class.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:43 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Man, they are saying the current CA wildfires may be the most destructive ever. Pretty scary to watch right now. Went to check Trump Twitter and of course no mention of it or help. I did however learn he thinks pets are low class.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Accusations of the mistreatment of women has got to stop. And the men that are taking advantage of women who want to advance has also got to stop.

However I do not agree with being the judge and jury as we do not know all the facts. Case in point is the Roy Moore scandal. The female has admitted that she wrote part of the message she claims that Moore wrote in her yearbook. She now says that only the signature is real. However she and her attorney has refuse to turn the book over for a comparison.

Now please do not accuse me of being a Roy Moore supporter as I am not. He should had never been elected to the Alabama court system when the SCOTUS removed him. Why the people of Alabama supports this guy is beyond me.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 PM

This is the man Republicans support and feed funds to. So when you hear that the right are racist, remember this:

Quote:
“I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another,” Moore replied, according to the Los Angeles Times. “Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

“Now we have blacks and whites fighting, reds and yellows fighting, Democrats and Republicans fighting, men and women fighting,” he continued. “What’s going to unite us? What’s going to bring us back together? A president? A Congress? No. It’s going to be God.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.886e146e9359
Old 12-08-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
This is the man Republicans support and feed funds to. So when you hear that the right are racist, remember this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.886e146e9359
So, WHITE families were stronger. Black families in the south were under slavery, so they were routinely broken up as their members were sold off. Racist, bigoted, creepy, idiotic, sexual predator. He fits right in with GOP leadership as proven by their standard bearer. I wonder if he likes to golf?

I'm so, so, so very ready for that generation to exit the leadership of our country. I'll take losing the McCains of the world if it means we can also lose shit birds like Moore, et al.

LOL, god is going to bring us together.