BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 12-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
It's not necessarily negativity, just looking to see what we can tweak to be even better. You would hope the coaching staff is thinking the same.
Yep.

I'd like to see less Girardi. I'd like to not see the team pack it in at the start of the 3rd like they'd won the game already.

And it's not some sort of affront to decency to point out that McDonagh had a bad game, when in fact he's been Norris-quality for the vast majority of contests this season, and we're all intuitively aware of that.

These are reasonable criticisms. My last post had several reasonably happy stats. They can co-exist, even on a team this successful.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:13 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody W View Post
Sometimes I wish the Lightning wasn't as good as they are and were just a mediocre team - then the fans wouldn't pick them apart after games. They are never going to have a team that is 100% perfect every game - think about it - are you 100% at work every day? Some days you just aren't "on it".

I'm sure there are 30 other teams out there that would love to trade places with our team right now!
There’s also no such thing as a fanbase that doesn’t pick apart or criticize its own team. It’s an integral part of sports.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

What was the deal with the offside challenge on the second Flyer goal? From the replay they showed at the game it wasn't that close and didn't seem like it was worth the risk of taking the delay of game penalty.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Critical

You can be critical and also positive about your team. We are the first team to 60 points, and playing very good hockey most of the time. It is the times they let down like during the 3rd period last night that is unnerving and brings out the criticism.
I do also think Cernak is an improvement over Girardi, he is faster and should grow into a very good defenseman. At this point I wonder how long SKK stays with the team, seeing as how he is not playing, will he be traded before the deadline is a serious question in my book?
Kuch is really having a season so far hope it continues through the playoffs.
Anyone know the extent of the injuries to Miller and Sergachev?
Old 12-28-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
There’s also no such thing as a fanbase that doesn’t pick apart or criticize its own team. It’s an integral part of sports.
“Cub fan” from the long years of being less than mediocre is not something to aspire to. Should the fans be like Trump’s lemmings?

Last edited by Flycoon; 12-28-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:08 PM

Sergachev was on the bench at the end of the game so I don’t think he is hurt.

EE reporting that Miller didn’t skate today.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
“Cub fan” from the long years of being less than mediocre is not something to aspire to. Should the fans be like Trump’s lemmings?
I am not sure what that means, I have known Cub fans for 30 years and they are probably more critical of their team than any other fan base I have ever been around. Just because they are loyal doesn't mean they haven't been bitching constantly about their team and management.

In any case, there were people around here earlier this season claiming that we wasted money on Stamkos because he is washed up and that Kuch should be benched and was not an "elite" forward. That kind of stuff can be annoying, but it exists in every fan base.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
What was the deal with the offside challenge on the second Flyer goal? From the replay they showed at the game it wasn't that close and didn't seem like it was worth the risk of taking the delay of game penalty.
Voracek lifted his back skate off the line and arguably was offside, but it still wasn't worth challenging.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:06 PM
The Bulin Wall

Picking apart the Lightning is only fun when we're good.

It's not fun to try to figure out who's a better dman between Marek Malik, Lukas Krajicek and Cory Murphy.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:34 PM

Stars ownership: "Fucking horse shit" performances by Benn and Seguin holding team back

Now there’s some negativity.