BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-14-2018, 08:09 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
McDonaugh and JT Miller have either been invisible or making huge mistakes with the puck, costing us goals and games. Seriously questioning how much effort should be made to re-sign them. Vasi can be blamed for some of those goals, including that stupid pick he tried to do which cost them a PP goal against afterwards. But so many odd man rushes and wide open men in front, including Ovechkin for God's sake, to pin it all on him.
Pretty much this. If you have to protect 3 of your top 6, you absolutely cannot have your 2nd pair completely fall apart. To me, the disaster that Stralman/McD were last night was an insurmountable problem. I believe that at least 3 of the goals against were direct results of McD, Stralman and Coburn unforced errors. Simply unacceptable to have that kind of play from supposedly responsible veteran D men.

McD looked like he was finally getting comfortable in the Boston series. Welp.

I guess one positive is that Stamkos is starting to look like the world beater he was prior to his his last injury.

Miller was particularly bad, but a solid half the roster wasn't deserving of the ice time they were pulling.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:22 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I think we are going to be shocked by whatever injury stralman is playing through
Old 05-14-2018, 08:26 AM

Miller took a savage hit in the Boston series. You have no idea who is hurt and how bad. To sit here and make comments that so and so shouldn’t be resigned when you have no clue what shape they are in is just goofy.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I think we are going to be shocked by whatever injury stralman is playing through
And I believe the same about Kucherov.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:43 AM
The Bulin Wall

Well, at least our playoff chances aren't being derailed by an injury to our starting goaltender.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerOfGlove View Post
Well, at least our playoff chances aren't being derailed by an injury to our starting goaltender.

No, but in his first full season as a#1 did we allow him to play too many games with the end result of him wearing down near seasons end and thus effecting his performance in the play-offs?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:40 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Almost nobody ever loses money betting on two things:

1. The propensity of the Washington Capitals to choke out of the playoffs before the Cup Final (100%)

2. The astonishing resiliency of the Tampa Bay Lightning

Fake news. Historically, teams that have fallen to a 2-0 deficit in a series go on to win 11.3% of the time.

Let's not get too negative...this has been a year of tremendous winning! And there's no legitimate reason why the winning has to stop just because of setbacks.
Is that stat for being down 0-2 when starting on the road? I would think losing the 1st 2 at home that % would go down even more.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Miller took a savage hit in the Boston series. You have no idea who is hurt and how bad. To sit here and make comments that so and so shouldn’t be resigned when you have no clue what shape they are in is just goofy.
He had a history of disappearing come playoff time long before he got traded here. Was he hurt then too?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
He had a history of disappearing come playoff time long before he got traded here. Was he hurt then too?
Long before he came here, he was used as a 3rd/4th line checker/energy guy with spare time on the 2nd line. Apples to Oranges.

There are way too many passengers currently. Palat was a passenger last game. That's how bad it is. He passed up at least 5 opps to check folks. The Lightning are in March regular season mode atm. They look listless and lost.

Spotting teams 2 games in the playoffs isn't fatal, miracles can happen. But that's where the team is atm imo. They need a miracle.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 05-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Cooper's Law

I think they should start Domingue in game 3.