BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 11-12-2019, 08:31 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Interesting that out of everything said in this thread you'd chime in to correct DD on calling a party democrat a liberal but remain silent as Zeyk repeatedly shat all over your boy mayor Pete. I take it you are no longer a Pete supporter? He's dropped a couple of rungs for me too.
Quote:
Thought you were a Buttigieg supporter based on past posts. So you'd prefer Sanders/Warren?
Yes.

I am an independent so I won’t be voting in the primary. I gave regularly to Bernie in 2016 and the result has been a never ending blitz of fundraising email, texts, and snail mail. Hate to think what I’d get if registered D.

Last edited by Flycoon; 11-12-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I hope this isn't mandatory teaching for police officers.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Yes.

I am an independent so I won’t be voting in the primary. I gave regularly to Bernie in 2016 and the result has been a never ending blitz of fundraising email, texts, and snail mail. Hate to think what I’d get if registered D.
I gave to Obama in 08 and the same thing happened even though I was an independent. I'm now a registered D but don't get anything now that I've moved addresses.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:21 AM

Russian asset Tulsi Gabbard surges in the polls thanks to Hillary

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I gave to Obama in 08 and the same thing happened even though I was an independent. I'm now a registered D but don't get anything now that I've moved addresses.
It’s the email that is most aggravating. Couple of them got my cell and were texting.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:35 PM

Polling in six swing states done by The New York Times and Siena College earlier this month. Almost two-thirds of Democrats (62%) in swing states said they prefer a candidate who "promises to find common ground with Republicans: while just 1 in 3 would rather a candidate who "promises to fight for a bold and progressive agenda." A majority (55%) want their presidential nominee to be "more moderate" than most Democrats, while 39% want their nominee to be "more liberal" than most in the party. Among Democratic voters in those six states, 49% identify as "moderate" or "conservative" while 48% call themselves "liberal."

Rahm Emanuel in Politico:
"The Democratic candidates who have prevailed in battleground contests since 2016 didn't embrace pie-in-the-sky policy ideas or propose a smorgasbord of new entitlements. They didn't talk constantly about providing a guaranteed basic income. Or promising to make college free. Or eliminating private insurance and replacing it with a government-run health care system. Or giving $250 more each month in Social Security benefits. Or enacting the 'Green New Deal.' Or calling for the immediate and abrupt end of fossil fuels. Or vowing to seize guns from people's homes....

"...Inexplicably, the men and women who want to be our party's standard-bearer seem to be ignoring the unambiguous message voters are sending—and that should concern anyone who wants to defeat Trump in 2020."
Old 11-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
It’s the email that is most aggravating. Couple of them got my cell and were texting.
I'm registered D. The amount of email I get "from" Nancy Pelosi is staggering. She can fuck right off too since any money I give her is a fucking joke compared to her $500M+ haul from corporations and special interest groups.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Bears repeating: Stephen Miller is a White Nationalist

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...-leaked-emails

Ilhan Omar called him as much months ago and was instantly attacked as an anti-semite.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Polling in six swing states done by The New York Times and Siena College earlier this month. Almost two-thirds of Democrats (62%) in swing states said they prefer a candidate who "promises to find common ground with Republicans: while just 1 in 3 would rather a candidate who "promises to fight for a bold and progressive agenda." A majority (55%) want their presidential nominee to be "more moderate" than most Democrats, while 39% want their nominee to be "more liberal" than most in the party. Among Democratic voters in those six states, 49% identify as "moderate" or "conservative" while 48% call themselves "liberal."

Rahm Emanuel in Politico:
"The Democratic candidates who have prevailed in battleground contests since 2016 didn't embrace pie-in-the-sky policy ideas or propose a smorgasbord of new entitlements. They didn't talk constantly about providing a guaranteed basic income. Or promising to make college free. Or eliminating private insurance and replacing it with a government-run health care system. Or giving $250 more each month in Social Security benefits. Or enacting the 'Green New Deal.' Or calling for the immediate and abrupt end of fossil fuels. Or vowing to seize guns from people's homes....

"...Inexplicably, the men and women who want to be our party's standard-bearer seem to be ignoring the unambiguous message voters are sending—and that should concern anyone who wants to defeat Trump in 2020."
Rahm Emanuel is pulling conjecture out of his ass. 70% of Americans want medicare 4 all(that's the most progressive healthcare plan being proposed). UBI is a new idea that has never been vetted before by Americans, but it has incredible bi-partisan support from the lower class. The vast majority of Americans think that climate change is a problem with most believing its an immediate crisis.

I wouldn't put much stock into people saying that they want a candidate that can find common ground. As soon as that common ground becomes less ambiguous, they retreat to their side of the aisle.

Obama ran on common ground, and he didn't get jack accomplished because the GOP stuck it to him. Whoever the candidate is, needs to put forth a progressive agenda and then negotiate from there. The candidate we put forth with the nomination needs to represent a clear rejection of Trump and his policies.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Crispy's Notepad

RJK Jr and Bill Maher deserve as much ridicule for this as they give to the climate change deniers. https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/rf...mpression=true