BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-18-2015, 03:54 AM
The Bulin Wall

Default ECF game 2 @ MSG

on NBCSN 8 p.m.

More and more Ranger dominant speculaton emerging from the media capital of the world. Expected given the state of other team sports in town now.

After missing the opener with an unspecified injury, Lightning C Brian Boyle did not practice Sunday. His status for Game 2 is uncertain. ... Rangers LW Tanner Glass took a maintenance day on Sunday, but Vigneault expects him to play Monday night. ... Rangers LW Martin St. Louis has not scored a goal in 13 playoff games this season. When someone mentioned that Dominic Moore scored the game winner off his shin guard in Game 1, St Louis said: "Maybe I should leave the stick on the bench and wear four shin guards." ... Both teams practiced at MSG Sunday and both teams allowed opposing coaches to watch each other's workouts.

Damn, don't even know why I am bothering to watch given that we are obviously going to be swept as told by multiple sources from msg network:

http://www.msg.com/teams/rangers.html

wonder how they are going to script the Ranger comeback from a 1-3 deficit? just what the public needed to rally to the King and his krewe? Oh well, we probably win and Coop et al continue getting discredited.

Last edited by bolts37205; 05-18-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Why in God's name do we have to look at that guy?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:27 AM

Yeah not sure what that picture has to do with anything. At least let it be a pic of the puck bouncing over his stick.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:14 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

First series was wanting to win for the health of our franchise, the second i wanted to win for the hatred of 'entitled' MTL fans; this one I want to win for the 'obsessive love story' that the media has for the rangers.

anywho; I am predicting this one will be a high scoring game. 5 or 6 goals total with hopefully the bolts being the beneficiary of the extra one. Vigneault is a matchup coach; we should run 7 D with 11 forwards so they cannot pin-point stamkos on a specific line as well as Nesterov tying in for some offense.

I hope Boyle is back for this one and Bishop plays like Bishop. Time for some bounces our way.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:27 AM
Cooper's Law

Face of a champion isn't always pretty. (Gretzky found that out the hard way when he walked by the Islanders dressing room, and the Cup champions had no smiles, no joyous partying--they were silently icing and wrapping, the grim look of determination and pain still on their faces.)

Whining ain't bringing Marty back--and would we want it to? We don't have a spot for him. He's scored not a single goal in 13 playoff games. We're glad he helped us to a Cup and for his 14 yrs of dedication--and we're really GLAD he's gone now. We won the trade--this is officially a good thing--plus, we still get the pick!

Of course there's another view: "No, we're NOT glad he's gone. We still feel deeply hurt and heartbroken like a jilted lover with runny mascara. We still really need him but he's abandoned us, and no, we didn't win the tradeónot if the Rangers win this series." We either believe that weepy fable and keep bitching, or we believe we won the trade outright and keep laughing. If the latter, then there's no upset over anything and everything he does or doesn't do. It's like who gives a rat's ass. Guy asked for a trade over a year ago, and we fricken aced that. Now we're in the Conf. Final, and he's a non-factor. It worked! Good riddance. ::Men in Black flashie thingie::

It was silly enough being told to "move on" immediately after it occurred, when the shock and uproar were still fresh, that I'll just leave it as: Here in the second year, maybe it's time to celebrate being where we are, and chase away that dark cloud
Old 05-18-2015, 08:30 AM
The Bulin Wall

Default Rags stats on our PP and their fears

pretty good look at what makes us go, which is getting the pass through the sticks to unloaded side with Stamkos as preferred sniper:

http://www.msg.com/shows/hockey-nigh...lightning.html
Old 05-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Good edit, 37205

That column was interesting, but I don't think it's fair to say that the Rangers have a "major advantage" in goal.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:52 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Good edit, 37205

That column was interesting, but I don't think it's fair to say that the Rangers have a "major advantage" in goal.
+1

Sotnos; I'd watch your mouth. How dare you say the King isnt superior by far. Haven't you read anything in the media?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:31 AM

Boyle on the ice for optional morning skate.

https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO/st...21845028618240
Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
+1

Sotnos; I'd watch your mouth. How dare you say the King isnt superior by far. Haven't you read anything in the media?

It got on my nerves the last 2 series - Ben wins, but it's the other guy who's the story. King Henrik is undoubtedly more seasoned & accomplished, he's a 15 year pro, he should be. It seems to me, however, that Bish has played pretty well & helped us to win 2 series, yet he's being outright dismissed right now.

The Rags may have the edge, but it's not some HUGE insurmountable difference like a lot of the press & fans are suggesting.