BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwf82 View Post
And it is a program he is on because of his play that led to this decision being made. A spade is a spade is a spade.

Why arent any of the others in his draft class that are currently in the NHL on this type of plan? Because their play doesnt warrant it.
They are not 18
and none of them are really lighting it up. Doughty has been decent. the top rookies are 19, 20, 21
Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM

Whether he was playing great or not, he was still adding more than Jokinen and Craig.. I wouldn't have benched him. But Im alright with him watching a little. No need for him to play 82. he can play 75 or so.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Johnny Shortside

I don't think either gwf or myself were suggesting that he shouldn't be on "the plan", just that the reason he is on it is because he was not exactly lighting it up. He was, as you said, "benched"... pretty much the definition of healthy scratch, no? I just don't understand your objection to them using that term.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop View Post
I don't think either gwf or myself were suggesting that he shouldn't be on "the plan", just that the reason he is on it is because he was not exactly lighting it up. He was, as you said, "benched"... pretty much the definition of healthy scratch, no? I just don't understand your objection to them using that term.
Exactly my point as well. He was not playing up to his place on the ice every night and the program was created for that reason i.e. he's a healthy scratch.

I'm not a fan of Jussi or Craig and do think he could be on the ice over them because of "potential" but not due to his play prior to the program. He has picked it up a bit since then for sure.

Still, he's a healthy scratch!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 PM

We can agree to disagree.
and i said "technically" yes he is a healthy scratch, but for reasons other than he was being "sent a message" for his play like Jokinen and others have been.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:45 PM
WaiverWire

Who cares if he is on a "plan" or not. What every they are doing with him is working as he has played with a little fire and grit of late.

And let us not forget that no other player is having to take notes as to what is going on during the game. They have him doing it in order for him to learn more.